You Need a Jacket

Chapter 6 :3

You Need A Jacket – Part 6

TRIGGER WARNING!!!

Holy crap! We were so close!

I mean to the stage!

Although, with us being so close to the front, Vic’s chest was pressed against my back.

We’d lost Mike, Jaime and Tony just after BTF came on to start mosh pits and stuff.

Anyway, Blessthefall were about to play Hey Baby, Here’s That Song You Wanted, when Vic leaned in close.

‘I fucking love this song!’ He said, just loud enough for me to hear.

I turned to face him, ‘Me too!’ I said back.

Vic smiled at me, then something caught his eye that made his face drop. ‘In coming, Kells.’ He said into my ear, sending more butterflies through my body because of how close he was to me.

I gave him a confused look, then he gestured his head to the side.

Standing there, shooting daggers at me, was none other than Ally.

Shit!

I panicked a little…Ok, maybe a lot.

‘Shit, what do I do!’ I said down Vic’s ear.

He thought for a second, and then looked back at me with a smirk on his face.

‘I have an idea, but promise you won’t get mad when I do it.’

I gave him a confused look, ‘o…k.’

What was he talking about? Was he going to put his arms around me again? Because I have no problem with that.

Yup, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled my close to him, his lips brushing my neck.

My eyes widened.

No! Not the neck! Anything but that!

My face flushed.

‘She’s still looking.’ I told him, his face so close to mine.

He chuckled, ‘Guess we’ll have to take it up a notch.’

‘What do you me-‘

Before I could even finish my sentence, Vic’s lips were on mine.

Holy…fuck.

His lips were so soft!

Shit! Kellin, snap out of it, the skank is still looking, make it look convincing!

I began to kiss him back and I could feel him smile against my lips.

Is it weird to say I could hear fireworks…or maybe that was Blessthefall in the background…

Either way, perfect!

I started to get a little carried away, placing one hand on his cheek and one tangled in his hair. Awww, he had stubble… cause I’m totally not stroking his face right now.

When we finally pull apart, the song had finished and Ally was gone, I was glad that she’d finally given up and left, but wish mine and Vic’s kiss could have lasted longer.

‘Well, that worked.’ He smiled, letting go of me.

This sucked.

‘Yeah.’ I said sadly, ‘I guess it did.’

Did he not feel anything?

----------

After BTF went off, we found Mike, Jaime and Tony, and saw that Mike had a bloody nose.

‘What happened to you?’ Vic joked.

Mike shrugged, ‘Some guy in the pits knocked some girl down, so I yelled at him, he punched me, I kicked him in the nuts and helped the girl up…average night.’

‘ok…Tony, what really happened?’ Vic chuckled.

Tony chuckled too, ‘He got elbowed in the face by some hardcore dancer.’

Mike’s face turned a bright shade of red.

I chuckled softly to myself, still feeling weird about what happened between me and Vic.

‘So, what do we do now?’ Jaime asked.

Vic checked his watch, ‘Well, we can either go home, or wait and meet the band.’

‘I’ll wait.’ Mike said.

Jaime and Tony both agreed.

‘Kells?’ Vic asked me.

I shook my head, ‘I’d better get home, my dad’s probably expecting me.’

I knew exactly what’d happen when I got home. My dad would be passed out on the sofa and if I woke him up, he’d beat the crap out of me.

‘Ok, well, I’ll take you home then come back. That ok?’ Vic asked.

I nodded my head, not looking him in the eye.

----------

The whole ride home was a little awkward.

Or at least, I though it was, Vic seemed to forget anything ever happened.

Fuck, I feel like such a girl

‘You ok Kells? You haven’t said a word since we left.’ He said, breaking the silence.

I nodded, ‘Just tired.’ I lied, well, partly lied.

I mean, of course I was tired, it was almost midnight and I’d be awake since 6am. But I couldn’t bring myself to talk.

‘Ok, if you’re sure.’ He said happily.

The rest of the ride home was in silence.

Nothing except the light sound of the radio, turned down so much that you could only faintly hear Green Day playing.

When we pulled up outside my house, I grabbed my bag and jumped out of the car and turned to Vic, ‘Thanks for the ticket…and, you know, the ride home.’ I mumbled.

‘Anytime Kells, maybe next time there won’t be any girls trying to hit on you.’ He chuckled.

Clearly he didn’t feel anything from the kiss.

I felt my heart drop into the pit of my stomach.

Nodding, I closed the car door and began making my way to my front door.

‘Wait!’ I heard Vic call to me.

I turned back to him, ‘Yeah.’

‘You sure you’re ok?’

Faking a smile, I nodded, pulling out my keys and opening the door, waving back at Vic.

As he drove away, a single tear left my eye.

Creeping in, I could see that my dad was, as expected, passed out on the sofa, lightly clutching a bottle of whisky in his hand.

I sighed, grabbing the bottle and headed to my room, more tears escaping from my eyes.

Closing and locking the door, I took two large swigs of the whiskey, feeling it burn my throat as I swallowed it, causing my eyes to water more.

I walked over to my draw and pulled out another blood-stained blade, and sat against my wall.

I took a few more swigs of the whiskey and began dragging the blade along my forearm, making around ten new cuts.

Stupid, pathetic, unlovable Kellin. Be better off dead!

Tears were now pouring down my face, as well as blood pouring from my arms.

I let out a stuttered sigh.

It wasn’t enough, I needed more to release the screaming in my head.

I threw the shirt that Vic had leant me off, it landing on my bed.

Grabbing the blade, I began dragging it along my hipbone until it read ‘UNLOVED’.

After sitting there for a few minutes, I started to clean up the blood and downed the last of the whiskey.

Covering my arms and hip with Band-Aids, I changed into an oversized shirt and my pyjama pants and climbed into bed, tears still flooding from my eyes.

This really fucking sucked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really sorry guys! It sucks pretty bad, and its depressing, I'm just not in a good nood this week and a lot has been going on which I'll probably tell you about later.
Hope you still like it and again, I'm sorry ^_^;