Status: Active :)

Don't Stop Now

Keep It Simple

Amanda was woken up by the sound of her phone blaring, signalling that someone was calling her.

"There's something strange going on in my head,
That says if I were to get in the car right now,
Carolina is were it would end
And to your doorstep I would be bound..."

'JACK (:' the screen read.
She scrambled to sit up in bed and tried to compose herself by controlling her breathing. Jack had this effect on her. He didn't even have to be in the same room as her, and he still managed to get her flustered.

"Hello?"

"Hey! How are you?"

"I'm good. It's weird waking up in a new house but nonetheless I'm good", she smiled even though he couldn't see her.

"That's good to know. I was just wondering if maybe you wanna go somewhere today? Like maybe I could show you around? We could go to the park or something. I mean only if you want to! You can say no if you want.... I'm not trying to pressure you or anything... but it-"

"Jack! You're rambling", Mandy laughed while curling a piece of her hair around her index finger.

On the other side of the line jack was blushing like crazy. He swore under his breath, kicking himself for sounding so stupid. He knew his chances had vanished now.

"I'd love to go out and explore with you today Jacky!", she shouted. She's known him for less than 24 hours and she's already giving him a pet name. 'Oh god!' she hushed inaudibly.

Jack stood up and paced around his room. He was freaking out for 2 reasons. 1- She actually wanted to go out with him and 2- She gave him a nickname! He took a few deep breaths and told her he would pick her up at around 2pm.

Amanda put her phone down and buried her head in her hands. "How could I be so stupid?!", she mumbled, "He probably thinks I'm coming on too strong and doesn't want to have anything to do with me". She sulked into the bathroom and took a quick shower before getting ready to go out with Jack.

Jack's POV

I had been staring into the mirror for around ten minutes now. Do I look okay? Are my clothes suitable? It's not a date I had to keep reminding myself. It's just two friends walking around town and maybe going to the park. Nothing more. Even though I wish it was much much more.

"Dude! Stop acting like a girl! You look fine", Joe my older brother said in annoyance.

I sighed, shook my hair once more and walked out of the door. I was anxious to be spending the whole day with Amanda. I was scared that I was going to fuck up and make myself look like a fool. I've known her for less than 24 hours and yet I want to be with her all of the time. I knocked on the door and was greeted with the stunning face belonging to Amanda. She wore blue skinny jeans, navy converse and had a green jumper on. The clothes hugged her body perfectly and made her look flawless.

"Hey", she smiled.

"Hey!", I matched her smile while pouncing on her giving her a hug. I don't think she minded because she wrapped her arms around me just as tightly as mine were. We stood there intertwined on her front porch while rocking back and forth. We let go and laughed awkwardly while both of us blushed. We started making our way down the street in the direction of nowhere.

A couple of hours later, we were seated at a wooden bench in the local park. Over the course of those 2 hours, we talked about everything. Favourite colour, favourite movie and what we would change our names to if we could. We were currently playing 20 questions and I was racking my brain trying to think of a good question to ask her.

"Oh oh! I got it!..... What's your type of boy?", I asked slyly, not breaking my gaze away from her now wide eyes.

"Umm..well...uhh... I don't know?", she said as more of a question. I threw my head back and laughed.

"C'mon seriously, you tell me yours and I'll tell you my kind of girl", I said giving her a friendly smile.

"Okay, well, my type of boy has dark hair, dark eyes. They goofier, the more adorable. He has to not take things too seriously, but that doesn't mean he has to be childish. That's the basics really", she whispered hesitantly while biting her lip.

Not wanting to sound cocky, but I thought I kind of fitted that description. Now it was my turn, it's now or never I thought.

"My type is basically you. I know I'm being kinda forward right now, scratch that, very forward, but I can't help it. It's something about you, you're everything I've been looking for, and I wanna get to know you a lot more. If you let me that is". I still didn't tear my eyes away from her perfect ones. The silence was unbearable. The only sound was the slight whistling of the wind swooping by.

She bit her lip again and almost inaudibly said, "I feel the same way about you too".

Let me tell you, I badly wanted to run around the park screaming up to the sky, but I know that would have been kind of weird. Instead, I just smiled softly, taking my hand in hers and intertwining our fingers. It felt like we were made for each other. And I was so happy that that was only the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment&Subscribe :)
Please let me know what you think!

Love,
Maria xoxo