Status: It's back and will be better than ever <3

A Rose by the Shore

PROLOGUE

I’ve never liked any of my sister’s suitors. They were usually one of three things: too stupid to function, too douchy to care, or just too damn desperate. And on rare occasions, the poor guy would be all three.

Val was angelic—alluring. She was divine and an utter masterpiece. Her butterscotch hair was always entangled in a man’s fingers as he whispered sweet nothings in her ear. I knew all they wanted from her was sex and their intentions were never really sincere. I’ve come across some genuine guys once or twice, but Val said she got bored with those types and God forbid she got bored with those type.

A lot of guys liked Val, which made my job as the protective little sister, a lot harder. Dad didn’t like that she had a lot of boyfriends—or whatever she’d call them that week, either. Sometimes he’d even pay me to chase the boys away.

One time, when I was eleven and Val was fourteen, Dad gave me twenty bucks to scare away her new play thing; the star JV batter of her high school baseball team. It was eight at night and he was bringing her back from their date. As he was going in for a kiss, I released our neighbor’s German shepherd on him. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for him, he was terrified of dogs. Sasha was a good natured pup, but I taught her some tricks. So yeah, I watched a lot of Dog Whisperer that summer.

Val never really desired any men because they all desired her. She had it easy. But there was only one man who she ever truly fancied and the plot twist to that tale was that he didn’t want her back.

It was because he wanted me.

This wasn’t the story of Valerie Becker and her abundant stock pile of men and her journey in finding herself outside the miserable cycle. This was the story of me, Quinn Becker, the girl who didn’t know what to do with herself when Lincoln Crowley wanted her first.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, it's back! After taking a huge hiatus with this story, I always find myself thinking about it. So now I'm going to edit and refine this baby up. For those who read this before, it wouldn't hurt ya to skim over it again because there might be some changes! Anyway, to my new readers, welcome and to everyone, I hope you enjoy!

And like always, a gif of delicious boys.

Image