Status: It's back and will be better than ever <3

A Rose by the Shore

CHAPTER ONE | INEBRIATED

Sneaking out of the men’s bathroom was not part of my Saturday night plan. Sneaking into the night club through the men’s bathroom window was definitely not part of my Saturday night plan altogether. I knew beforehand that the bouncer out front wouldn’t have allowed me to get into the club with the pathetic excuse of trying to find my older sister. Even wearing my ‘clubbing attire’ of sweats and a hoodie couldn’t have convinced him that I wasn’t trying to get in illegally. I mean, I was, but not for the conventional reasons.

It was my sister Valerie’s twenty-first birthday and she could now legally get white girl wasted. As a protective nineteen-year-old sister with a far better sense of responsibility than their older kin, it was my job to make sure she didn’t come home with Heroine swimming in her veins and hickies all over her neck. Valerie was never really mindful of her actions, and I knew she got aggravated whenever I tried lecturing her about her life choices, but I couldn't lose her to stupid decisions.

There was no doubt in my mind that my sister and her friends were completely faded from reality. All her girl-friends were beautiful as well, so they were probably getting slobbered over by all the meat heads, too. In the name of Female Rules and Jerk-Wads Drool Club, I shall save them all. Well, mostly Val, but I guess they mattered, too.

I quickly stepped out of the Men’s bathroom and was greeted with upbeat pop music blaring through the surround sound, resonating across the entire place. The only thing that illuminated the room were the neon red, blue, and green lights that flashed and bounced off the walls like a pinball. The music hit the tip of the iceberg and the bass dropped, sending aroused bodies to bump and grind disgustingly on each another as if it were their last dance. If any nocturnal goer wanted their fix on impaired vision, fermented beverages, sexy exotic women, testosterone jacked men, and narcotics for days, then Devine Night Club was the right place to be.

I pushed through the sweaty bodies and looked around for Val. Dad was worried about her and wanted me to bring her home safe and not splattered across somebody’s windshield. I mean, what a major turn down for someone turning twenty-one and their dad and younger sister were still playing babysitter. Oops.

As I zig zagged through the bar area, a frat boy looking idiot offered me a shot. I politely denied the booze and tried pushing passed his brick wall of a body, but he grabbed my arm and placed the glass in my hand anyway. I looked down at my forearm where his hand was placed and I wanted to punch him in his jugular.

“I said no, thank you!”

I tried prying away from his clasp, but he pulled me closer and draped his other arm around my shoulders. It was obvious this guy was drunk; his eyes were glossy and his legs couldn’t keep still.

“Oh come on, it’s just a shot,” his words were slurred and alcohol wreaked his breath.

I roughly pushed him away and he stumbled back, falling over another man sitting at the bar. The obtuse, Mr. T looking man at the bar was filled with rage and grabbed the collar of ‘it’s just a shot’ guy.

I quickly walked away before finding out what would become of frat boy.

I saw a set of stairs that coiled around a black pole that led to a balcony area that overlooked the entire dance floor. I thought I’d get a better vantage point to find Valerie and her friends. I pushed through damp bodies on the stairs and finally made it the top. When I got on the second floor, I was immediately assaulted by the smell of heavy cigarette smoke. I saw many couches reserved for the drunk and drugged and I finally spotted Val and her friends sitting across the way. There were a flock of guys surrounding them and I didn’t know if I wanted to roll my eyes or sigh at how predictable that image was. I did both.

My sister sat on the far end of the couch and a caramel skinned man that looked in his late twenties was standing by her. He lustfully looked at Val as he took a sip from his glass. I watched him watch Val throw her head back as she laughed at what her friend, Breanne, whispered in her ear. He looked at her as if she were a piece of meat he couldn’t wait to devour her. It was disgusting.

I walked over towards them and overheard the guy introducing himself, “I’m Tyler and you are?”

I stepped in front of Val and pushed his hand away, “Not interested,” I jeered.

He furrowed his eyebrows, but before he could say anything to me, I turned around.

“QUINNY!” My sister shrieked excitedly. Her eyes were beaming with jubilance and her laugh lines around her mouth were showing too fiercely. I scanned over what she was wearing and it couldn’t have been any skimpier. She wore a red, one shouldered dress that barely covered her thighs and showed a lot of her boobs and dear Lord, don’t get started on what was on her feet. Dad was going to have an aneurism.

“Wait, what are you doing here, you’re not twenty-one!?” She giggled.

“I’m here to take you home!” I yelled over the righteous music.

Convincing Val it was time to go wasn’t the hard part, but getting her out of the building was. My right arm was around her petite waist while my left hand held her arm over my shoulder. She stumbled in her sabertooth heels—which I could never comprehend how anyone could walk in—and was practically bumping into everything and everyone in our path.

“Did Daddy put you up to this, Quinny?” She tossed her head back and laughed. “Oh Daddy, that old man, he needs to relax, I’m fine!” She then reached out her right arm to touch a man’s ponytail and I quickly grabbed it and pinned it to her side. “Ouchy!” She squealed.

“Control your body parts, Val!” I hissed.

We finally made it outside and there was still a line getting into the club. Girls in short cocktail dresses and men with over powering cologne stood outside in the chilly, three o’clock in the morning weather.

I waited for a silver limo to pass us before stepping into the street. We were halfway across the walkway when bright, white lights blinded my eyes. Behind the beaming light was a black car screeching to a stop two feet away from us. Although we didn’t get hit, the shock of almost getting paved made both Val and I scream and then topple over each other onto the concrete.

I heard doors slam shut and two male silhouettes came rushing out of the light and to our sides. They kneeled in front of us as they repeatedly apologized while trying to help us up . They kept asking if we were all right and Val finally told them she was fine.

I dodged the guy’s hand who was trying to help me and scooted myself back. I felt a tingly feeling coming from the back of my forearm and I bent my arm to inspect it. I saw ugly scratches all over the surface and let out a frustrating groan. There was no blood dripping from the damage, but it still stung like a bitch.

Suddenly, the guy took my arm closer to his face for his own inspection. “You’re hurt. Are you okay?” His voice was smooth and concerning and I couldn’t help but enjoy the sound of his deep tone.

I looked up at the stranger and our eyes met. His tan skin and dark hair complemented well with his jade colored eyes. His cheek bones were not prominent, but his knife-sharp jawline made up for it. For a second, I was completely mesmerized, but then I remembered he could have killed me.

“I’m fine, thanks.” I mumbled under my breath. I flailed my arms for him to give me room and I quickly stood up. I felt a little dizzy and stumbled a bit, but the guy wrapped his arms around my upper body, steadying me. We stared into each other’s eyes again and I fell back into a trance.

He furrowed his eyebrows and slightly tilted his head as if he recognized me.

“Um, have we met?”

I’ve never met this man in my life. And was he really using that line to start a conversation with me? I pushed him away and grabbed Val’s hand, heaving her up. I looked at the two men in disbelief of what just happened and gave them a ‘fuck-you-bye’ look. I didn’t say a word to them and I knew I should have given them a piece of my mind, but I was too tired to try.

“Mmm, they were sooo cayooot.” Valerie hummed as she staggered to keep up with my pace.

“Yeah, Val, they're real charmers. Get in the car.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:3

I give you Plz Take My Body Prince Deputy Parrish from Teen Wolf.

Image