An Offering to the Water Gods

Chapter 3

Not to get emotional on you guys but i just want to roll over and cry... I'm not really sure why... Maybe it's because of this hard ass mattress i'm laying on, or maybe it's because my pillow isn't very fluffy. Well, whatever it is i want it to go away, Jinx does not cry... Ever. Period. Nothing else to it.

I whimpered as a cold gust ran along the length of my body, gosh damn that's cold. A pair of hands started rubbing my arms to warm them up and let me tell you, i don't care who you are, that feels freaking good. I went stiff and my eyes snapped open as a couple of things registered in my mind. First, this is not my bed. Second, there's somebody touching me, which is really creepy no matter how good it feels. "What the hell!?" I yelled as i turned my head to face a shirtless hottie that looked familiar.

He stared back at me questioningly, "What?" He asked unsurely. I groaned, realizing that hadn't just been a dream like i had hoped. He watched me as i sat up, running a hand through my nasty feeling knotted rats nest i was afraid to call my hair. I looked around the cave, heaving a sigh when i noticed the only change had been the smell and the fact Mr. To good for a shirt was wearing pants now. I mean, that's better than yesterday when he had his dingaling flapping around in the wind.

A shiver racked through my body when another gust of wind made it's way into the cave. "Do you happen to have any blankets? A jacket? Anything would be better than my soggy clothes." He smiled at me and got up, motioning for me to follow, so i of course did like the obedient little girl i wasn't. "Where are we going?" I couldn't help asking when he led me to the back of the cave. He just chuckled at me, putting his hand on the wall and pushing it inwards. The whole damn wall freaking wall was actually a damn door!? Shit, i could've been outta here by now if i had known that.

He grabbed my hand which i of course yanked out of his hold. He frowned at me and snatched my hand into his, keeping a tight grip on it as he led me into what looked like a house that had been built into the cave. There was a small living room area with a coach and coffee table with books scattered all around. "Man you're a hoarder." I mumbled. "Hoarder?" He asked me curiously. "Yeah, you know... People that keep stuff they don't need until it gets.. Well, like this." I motioned around the room and chuckled at his disgruntled look. "I am not hoarder then." Talk about denial.

"How did you get all this in here?" What? It's a good question, the place is surrounded by water yet he has all this crap here, i would seriously like to know how he did it. He shrugged, "I have my ways." Sounds like someone has a secret, and i'm almost willing to bet my best pair of vans on it being a way out of here. I made my way through the maze of book stacks till i came to what looked like the kitchen. Killix left me to explore his... I guess you could call it a house. The kitchen looked fairly modern with a fridge, a stove, a dishwasher, oh good lord there's a coffee maker! I ignored the rest of the kitchen and bee lined to the coffee maker which had warm coffee still in it. "Oh thank jesus! Coffee!" He squealed, looking around for a cup only to come up empty handed. I sighed, staring at the coffee pot longingly. "Aw fudge it!" He yelled, grabbing some sugar, creamer, and pulling the coffee pot of the brewer. I poured what seemed like half a pound of sugar into the coffee pot followed by half a cup of coffee creamer. A grin plastered on my face when i lifted the warm pot to my mouth and sipped at my delicious concoction. "Mmm." I let out a soft moan of delight, "This is heaven." Came tumbled out of my mouth before i could stop it. "Whats heaven?" A soothing voice from behind me asked. I jumped in surprise, nearly dropping my precious coffee. I nervously turned around, unsure of how he would react to seeing me drinking out of his coffee pot.

He stared at me blankly for a couple of minutes, his eyes flickering from the coffee pot i was protectively clutching to my chest, to my face, the back down to the coffee pot. "what are you doing?" He finally asked, his face showing the irritation that was missing from his voice. "Drinking coffee." I mumbled, diverting my gaze to his bare feet. "Why are you drinking it from the coffee pot? There are mugs in the cabinet." I huffed, puffing my cheeks on in defiance. "I couldn't find them." I mumbled. "Did you even look?" My eyes flickered up to meet his and i couldn't help but smile slightly at the sight before me. He had his hands on his hips, his plump lips where pierced together, his jaw taught with anger, and one perfectly sculpted eyebrow lifted expectantly. I merely shrugged, "Was easier just to make it like this." He glared at me and i simply smiled. "Hey, don't look at me like that, you should be happy i'm not freaking out and trying to murder you... Speaking of, would you like some coffee?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter guys, i know it's been a while but hey, i'm on vacation! So shut up, eat some cookies and enjoy! ^_^