Status: completed

Family Matters

Chapter 17

Because the Checkers won 5-0 against the Grand Rapid Griffins :)

I knew Jared was right though, I still loved Taylor, and if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t have reacted like I did.

“Brody, I’m going home for a few days. I’ll be back next week. Yes, I’ll let you know when I land and when I get home, and I’ll keep you updated on everything I do.”

No, Taylor didn’t know I was coming, but Jordan did and he knew better than to open his mouth to tell Taylor. I was so bored on the plane, so I managed to go to sleep, but not before I prepared a speech for once I got to Edmonton. I texted Brody saying I had made it. It wasn’t a total lie, I had told him I was there and I was going home, but not to Calgary.

Taylor was sitting on the couch, playing Xbox, when I got there.

“Why am I not surprised?” I joked. He sat up.

“Brie, shouldn’t you be with Kris?” I thought for sure he would’ve heard.

“Long story. We broke up and I’m here to take care of you until you’re back in a month.” With Taylor, it felt normal, like we were meant to be.

“Bria, who knows you’re here?” Taylor knew me so well.

“Brody, but he thinks I went to Calgary.” He smirked and I knew I had to talk with him.

I got up and made dinner, figuring I should feed him before I brought up ‘us.’ Okay, so I made the boys dinner, I was feeling sick and had been for a while. I kept pushing it in the back of my mind hoping it would go away eventually, thinking it was stress.

“Look, if I’m going to help you, you need to know I still love you. Never stopped. I’m willing to try again but we can’t just pick up and be engaged.” I stopped knowing he was in deep thought.

I went to get up, to save myself some more embarrassment. He grabbed my arm to pull me down. He looked me in the eyes, cupped my face and kissed me.

“I understand. But promise me, we will try harder this time?” I knew he meant we aren’t giving up this time, no matter what my family said or tried to do like last time. We both knew that my family wouldn’t like the fact that we were back together. But who said they had to find out?

We ended up cuddling and watching movies well into the night. The next morning, I went to wake up Taylor.

“Come on let’s get you out of here for a while. I’m taking your car and we are going shopping.” I smirked, knowing he hated shopping but I needed his help.

I planned on fixing the guest room. It was a little bare, but with two guys living there I didn’t expect anything else.

“You know you want to get out of the house.” It had been a week, and I knew Taylor all too well.

Whenever he had an injury he didn’t like staying off the ice too long and he was out for four weeks. This was going to be fun..not. Normally, I hated shopping too, but seriously, I couldn’t take the bare walls anymore.

“I need pink paint, and flower wall pictures.” Taylor sent me the death glare.

“Kidding babe. I wouldn’t do that to you and Ebs. I was thinking of painting the room blue, and leaving it at that. I’m not that creative, especially not knowing if you’ll be here your whole career.” He nodded, leaving everything up to me.

“That’s more like it. No pink in the apartment, other than your clothes of course.” Yes, I was a hockey girl but I still had some girly-girl stuff.

Not that you saw it often. It took an hour to find the right tone of blue. We finally agreed on the blue that went with the Oilers. It was only right, seeing as how both of the boys played for them. We were both starving and finally settled on IHOP. I was starving, even though I had eaten breakfast a few hours prior. Neither of us stopped to think ‘hmm maybe there will be reporters’ because you know, who thinks that in Edmonton. Pittsburgh, Carolina, New York, Chicago, yes, but Edmonton? Nope. We were dead wrong. I knew I’d be getting phone calls when the picture of Taylor and I came out on the internet and in newspapers and magazines. That was not what I wanted. So, the only logical thing to do was to turn off my phone. Even though we weren’t holding hands, obviously because of his crutches, but knowing my family and our history, they were going to have a conniption.

“Don’t worry baby. As far as it looks, we are just hanging out as friends. We aren’t kissing or anything.” Taylor was trying to calm me down as we got in his car.

“I know, but you know my brother and dad. They will know, I’m not sure how but they will.” I hit the steering wheel in frustration.

“I should have known. They don’t think you’re good enough for me. That’s why they were so behind me when I was dating Kris. Fuck! I don’t know why I didn’t see it sooner. But you know what? Who cares. It’s my life and I’m in love with you, not him.” I held his hand while I drove to his apartment.

I got him inside and settled, while I started painting. I needed a way to get my frustrations out and I knew beating him at Halo was not going to help. I turned on my itunes, changed into sweats and a T-Shirt that I didn’t care about and started dancing and singing to ‘Nightmare’ by Avenged Sevenfold. Hey, it was what came on my ipod, as it was on shuffle.

A few hours into it, I hadn’t realized Taylor was standing there. I was dancing to Luke Bryan’s ‘Country Girl (Shake it for Me)’ and was in deep concentration when he brought me out of my thoughts.

“You’re never dancing like that unless it’s just us.” I jumped and turned around to see him.

“OMG Taylor, I didn’t..you weren’t supposed to see that.” I said shyly, going back to my painting.

“Baby that was good, I mean no one should see your ass like that but me.” I rolled my eyes.

”No one was ever supposed to see that. I thought you were on the couch! Go!” I pointed to the direction of the living room area. I finished up painting the walls and collapsed on the couch.

Apparently, painting took a lot out of me, speaking of, I had painted my room at my house and didn’t remember being this tiring, I woke up in my bed, and looked at my phone, it was 8pm. I shot up like a rocket.

“I know you’re starving, why didn’t you wake me when you were hungry?” I said, scrambling to find some food, which we needed to go to the store.

He came over and wrapped his arms around me, “Babe relax, Eberle and I ordered out, and we got you some food. I figured you worked so hard and should sleep.” He kissed my neck.

“Thanks baby.” I went to the fridge and got the sushi out and ate it on the couch, watching none other than the hockey game. Speaking of which, I couldn’t keep down the sushi so I settled for some crackers.

“Baby you’ve been doing that a lot. Are you sure you’re alright?” he checked my forehead.

“Yeah I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. Let’s just get you ready for the ice.” We decided to watch my cousin Brandon and the Penguins, against the Colorado Avalanche.

“Come on you fucking pieces of shit! Stop being so fucking cocky and play the damn game!” I yelled at the TV. Jordan and Taylor looked at me like I was nuts.

“Opps, sorry I’ll dial it down a bit.” I sunk down, and rested my head on Taylor’s chest. The boys chuckled.

“No Brie, it’s fine. I forgot how much you got into the games. “Keep going. It’s entertaining.” The Penguins lost, and I was pissed, no not at Flower.

He did his best. Our offense and defense were there but we couldn’t get one past the Avalanche goalie.

“Brianne, relax. You need to calm down. It’s not like they were…” I gave him the death glare.

“Don’t. I know they did their best and I’m glad no one got injured.” I sighed.

“I’m just going to bed. Night guys” I kissed Taylor and hugged Jordan. It never occurred to me why my moods were bipolar, until I called Lauryn. So, no I didn’t fall asleep right away.

“Lauren, I don’t know what’s going on with me. I’m happy one minute, and then sad and then pissed the fuck off.”

I then preceded to tell her about the whole painting thing. I know I said I didn’t have a girl best friend, but since I’ve been basically living with Hallsy, I had become close with Eberle’s girlfriend, Lauren.

“Honey, did you and Kris ever?” I had to think hard because I was trying to push my memories with Kris as far out of my mind as possible.

“Yes..when I was in Montreal…shit.” I shot up right away.

“Lauren, this can’t happen. I can’t be..” She was doing her best to calm me but nothing was working.

I knew this would blow up in my face, and I’d be on my own to raise a baby. Eventually I fell asleep, but woke up before the boys woke up. I grabbed Taylor’s keys and went to the drug store to get some tests. I paid for them and went back home to take them. It was the longest three minutes of my life. All three tests were positive.
♠ ♠ ♠
ya'll should enter and check out my contest I'm running with my best friend, http://www.mibba.com/Forums/Topic/183887/First-NHL-Song-contest/#message-11507510