Status: completed

Family Matters

Chapter 18

“Shit. Shit. Shit.” I screamed as I heard a knock on the door.

“Are you okay in there Bria?” I heard Jordan ask.

“Yeah I’m fine. I just umm started my period at the worst time ever." I lied, but I knew it would get him off my back.

“Eww didn’t need to know that.” He walked away.

‘Whew dodged that one, but I have to tell Taylor.’

I went to my room and hid the tests in my drawer. Taylor was up and doing exercises, since he was cleared to practice.

“Tay, can I talk to you outside for a minute?” He got up, took my hand and led me outside. I took a deep breath and started sobbing. Stupid pregnancy hormones.

“Babe, what’s wrong?” He kissed my temple and rubbed my back.

“I’m pregnant, and if you want to leave me you can. I can do this on my own. You and I both know it’s not your responsibility.” He looked at me, like he was trying to process this.

“Okay…so you’re pregnant. That’s great. We need to move then.” It took me a minute to comprehend what he was saying.

“Taylor, I’m letting you off the hook. This isn’t your baby.” I stood up, pacing.

“It can be. I love you and I’ll love this baby like he’s mine, and I’ll be his father.” I stopped dead in my tracks.

“Who said my baby was a boy?” I said with a bit of sass and then smirked.

“Hey, a father can dream right?” He put his hands up in defeat.

“You’re really willing to be a father, for me, for my baby?” He put his arms around my waist.

“I meant every word I said when I first proposed a few years ago. I love you, you mean everything to me, and this baby is ours.” I smiled up at him, ‘our baby’ sounds nice.

“So now I have to tell my dad and brother…let the fireworks begin” I was about to go inside and call them when Taylor stopped me again. He put his hands gingerly on my stomach.

“Hi baby, I’m your daddy. Your mommy is the best, so behave in there.” He kissed my stomach.

I loved watching him interact with the baby. I knew right then and there that Taylor was serious and we were going to be a family.

I knew my family would be pissed, but there was nothing they could do about it now. I was happy with my life. I was with Taylor and we were having a baby. I knew Taylor would be an amazing father and I could care less what he had to offer. As in, a big house, and nice things. Yes I could have all those things still, but I didn’t want them. If I wanted them I would go to Kris and make him pay child support but I had no intentions of him finding out I was pregnant with his baby. I was sitting on the couch, had my phone on speaker, letting it ring, calling Brody and my dad. I looked over at Taylor for assurance, who smiled at me and held my hand, rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand, calming me down, as I was three-way calling them.

“It’s safe to say I’m not in Calgary. Sorry Brody but I have a feeling Baby Staal told you?”

“Yes he did. I figured as much anyways.” I took a deep breath and then spit it out.

“Okay so I’m calling because I’m not coming back to Charlotte. I’m back together with Hallsy, and well I’m pregnant.” Just as I thought, they didn’t let me finish.

“WHAT?! I TOLD YOU I DIDN’T WANT YOU WITH HIM!”

“IM GOING TO KILL HALLSY!” Needless to say it was going, how I expected.

“DAD! BRODY! SHUT UP! THE BABY IS KRIS’. I NEVER EVEN HAD SEX WITH TAYLOR! HE’S GOING TO RAISE MY BABY LIKE HE/SHE WAS HIS OWN CHILD. MY BABY WILL KNOW TAYLOR AS THEIR DAD.” They were silent.

“Hello? Are you guys there?”

“Yeah. Are you at least going after Kris for child support?” Dad asked.

“No, the best revenge I can give him is not even telling him that it’s his child. Taylor and I have a lot to figure out, but what I do know, is the three of us are going to be a family. And no Brody you can’t have Brett kick Kris’ ass on the 28th.” I knew I needed to also tell James and Brandon, but knew if I did, Kris would find out and that is not what I wanted.

“Well I don’t like this situation but I think your brother and I agree that we will be there for you. If you and Taylor need anything let us know.” I smiled knowing they would be in my child’s life.

“I agree and Brie, we love you. Now, am I going to have to teach my nephew hockey?” I chuckled.

“Brody, we don’t even know if we are having a boy. We won’t know for a while. But no, you’ll be fun uncle Brody that will let him or her get away with stuff and Taylor will be teaching him hockey if that’s what he or she want.”

I rolled my eyes, knowing this was going to be a long pregnancy, if Brody was already wanting to teach my child hockey.

“I have to go guys. I love you.” I hung up, not really having to go, I just didn’t feel like talking anymore. I started texting Brandon and decided to tell James.

“So.. Hallsy and I are back together, I’m pregnant and it’s Kris’. I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU TELL KRIS I’LL KILL YOU.” I texted them and waited for a response.

“He needs to know. I’m happy for you but you need to tell Kris it’s his kid.” Was the response I got from the both of them, well different variations of that response. I should have known it wasn’t going to be easy.

“No, he doesn’t deserve to know. He fucked up and now my revenge is not telling him. I don’t want any handouts and Taylor will be my child’s dad. That’s final.” I chucked my phone against the wall, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

“Damn babe, calm down. The stress isn’t good for you or our baby.” He rubbed my back.

“And that’s why I threw my phone. Everyone’s trying to tell me what to do about this whole thing.” I sobbed into his shirt.

“I know but it’s your decision. You’re the mother and it’s your child.” I looked at him as he wiped my tears.

“It’s our decision and it’s our child. We are going to treat this child like he or she is our’s. Not anyone else’s. Any decisions will be made by both of us.” He smiled, pulling me into his lap.

“I like the sound of that. When do you want to find a house, or we could just kick Ebs out.” I chuckled.

“We aren’t kicking Eberle out. We can go now, since I don’t feel sick right now.” I was two months pregnant and still getting morning sickness.

I wish it was over with, I was tired of running to the bathroom every so often. I got up and just went in my sweats and Oilers Hockey sweatshirt. We found the perfect house for us. It was near the arena, and it had 5 bedrooms and 4 full baths and a half bath. It was perfect because the master bedroom was huge and we could make the nursery across from our room.

“I want to do the nursery.” I was shocked, he said that, although I had to be suspicious.

“Let me guess, I can’t see it until it’s ready?”

“Exactly. Why don’t you go visit Brandon in Pittsburgh when we find out the sex, so I can do the nursery.” I knew I wouldn’t be able to get it out of him, even if I tried.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?
Also, check out my first NHL contest. My girl Hope and I are running it. http://www.mibba.com/Forums/Topic/183887/First-NHL-Song-contest/#message-11522444