Status: completed

Family Matters

Chapter 2

Once I got settled, I decided to order in and the boys went out. Of course this meant the boys coming home drunk. I’d gone to bed early and I heard the boys come in, They aren’t the quietest bunch and looking at my clock, I was pissed. It was 3am, and the boys come in like no one else is there. So, I walk out of my room screaming.

“DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS APARTMENT! GET TO BED BEFORE I KILL YOU!” I laid awake in my new room, not able to sleep after that. I was thankful they didn’t bring home pucksluts.

The next morning, I went to the boys rooms and put tylonel and water on their nightstands, knowing full well they would have a hangover. I began to make them breakfast.

“I thought I was supposed to be taking care of you little sis?” I heard Brody tell me.

“Well if you weren’t hungover and coming home oh I don’t know at 3 IN THE MORNING! You could take care of me.” I rolled my eyes and went back to making pancakes.

“Go get Brett up. You boys need breakfast. And don’t you dare think that everytime you get trashed I’m going to take care of you.” They both nodded.

“We don’t want you to take care of us. We’ve been doing this long before you came.” I knew Brett didn’t mean for it to come out so harshly, I mean I grew up with him but damn.

“So when do I get to meet the guys?” I asked curiously, just trying to get under Brody’s skin.

“Never. You’re not going near our team Brianne.” I knew it was too good to last, whenever Brody or anyone for that matter used my full name it meant they were serious, or I was in trouble.

“Why not? I came here for a fresh start and I need a guy who loves hockey and won’t be with me because of our last name Brody. You know how it was in high school for me.”

*Flashback*

I had been a freshman and everyone knew I was a Sutter. Which meant I was popular, much to my dismay. I didn’t want to be popular. I had to think about my dad and my brother. Unfortunately I had to grow up fast. After mom died I had to take care of them. By the time I could cook on my own, Brody was getting ready to leave. I loved my brother and missed him when he was gone. It had gotten lonely in the house whenever my dad was on trips. Of course that is before I went off the deep end for a bit. I had a stage of where I was sneaking into the house, mostly because when dad was gone I didn’t have to sneak in. I was smoking cigarettes and yes drinking.

I knew Brody would be disappointed but he wasn’t home. A big part of me acting out was because I missed my big brother. He was all I knew. With our dad being gone a lot, and without a mom, it was hard. I hardly slept the night that Brody left for Charlotte and cried the whole night. My dad tried to help console me, but it didn’t help. I had made friends with the wrong people. They didn’t like hockey which I could ignore but they got me into smoking and drinking. I had gone out to a party and had been drinking and of course smelled like smoke.

“Brianne Danielle Sutter!” I heard as soon as I got home and I knew my dad was home. I thought he was going to be home late.

“Dad, your home?” I ask questionly.

“Your damn right I’m home! Now where the hell have you been? And you’ve been drinking and smoking haven’t you?”

‘shit I’m screwed’ I thought to myself.

“So what? It’s not like you care anyways!” I turned to go to my room and of course he followed.

“That’s not fair and you know it! Yes it’s hard for me to even look at you but that’s because you’re the spitting image of your mom.”

“You’re hardly here! I can’t play hockey like you and Brody, and yes I miss him.”

“That’s no excuse! You’re grounded for a month. You go with me on the road and that’s final!” he got up and left.

I was left sitting on my bed, crying. So I did the only thing I knew, called my Uncle Darryl.

*End of Flashback*