Status: updates when I find time

Tombstone Tourist

Chapter 13

I was in so much shock that I could not bring myself to react if my life depended on it. Alan pulled away, looking sad, hurt and dejected. It hurt me to see him like that. After processing the fact that Alan had really just kissed me, that that had really just happened, I took his face in my hands and kissed him back properly. I could feel his tears still falling onto my own face and I pulled back from him and pulled his body close into mine.

"W-why did you do that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why did y-you kiss me?"

"Because I wanted to."

"No, you didn't."

"What? Yes, I did."

"You just wanted me to stop crying."

"Well, yeah, because I hate to see you in so much pain, but also because I just wanted to kiss you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really."

"Are you s-sure?"

"Positive."

"S-so you w-wouldn't be opposed to me k-kissing you again?"

I smirked at him just a little and shook my head, letting him know that I definitely wanted him to kiss me again. His eyes grew wide and he looked skeptical, unsure of himself.

"Alan, seriously."

He let out a breath before slowly leaning in to kiss me again. I smiled a little against his lips, placing a hand on his hip and rubbing circles slowly into the protruding bone.

Suddenly, there was nothing. Alan's lips were gone from mine, his hands no longer around my neck, no skin under my hand. I could hear him crying again as I opened my eyes.

"Why?! Why do I have to be like this? I hate this! I hate it! I should have just stayed down in Hell! Everyone would be so much better off!"

"No, they wouldn't. I promise you that my life has gotten so much better since you've been in it. I've moved on because of you, Alan. I've been able to let go of the cemetery because you're more important than a plot of land where my mother was. Is, I guess, but still. You're important, Alan. You mean a lot to me, you know that?"

"W-why would I m-mean anything to you?"

"Because I know you've been through hell and back and I know how that feels. I went through a lot of the same things you've said you did when I was in school. I get feeling like absolutely nothing. I get hurting so desperately that it doesn't seem like there's any other way out. Alan, can I let you in on a secret?"
♠ ♠ ♠
have a weird chapter because I'm in a weird mood. yesterday was awful and I was at an incredibly low low but today I hit a ridiculously high high. I met All Time Low! Jack kind of held my hand three times because I kept messing up because I was ridiculously nervous and omg he's such a precious angel I can't even.
anyways, I'll try to update again this week. maybe.

xo,
Presley