Status: updates when I find time

Tombstone Tourist

Chapter 9

“What?”

“I don't have to, like, kill him or anything. Although it might be better for him if I did. I just have to take him to some location that will lead him, uh, down there.”

“Do you have to do that or find someone to fall in love with you first?”

“I have to do that before next Friday. What day is it today?”

“Shit, Alan! That's just a week! Friday is tomorrow! Do you even know how to find this guy or where to send him or if you can even put yourself through doing that?”

He looked as if he were about to cry and I regretted taking up the harsh tone I had. I wished then that I could hug him and show him at least a little comfort, but I couldn't. At least he said that I couldn't because my arms would go through him as if he was not really there. He could hold things though, he didn't have a shimmery appearance or whatever, and the clothes he was wearing stayed on him just fine.

“Alan?”

“Yeah?”

“First of all, I'm sorry for raising my voice like that. I shouldn't have.”

“It's okay. I understand.”

“And how do you know that there's no, uh, what's the word here, substance to you?”

“Watch.”

With that, he stood from the couch and walked over to the wall. He reached out towards it and the tips of his fingers disappeared. He proceeded to move the rest of his hand through it, then his arm, and eventually the entirety of his body was gone. He had literally stepped through a solid wall. He poked his head back through and smiled at the look on my face, which I knew was one of shock and a little amusement.

“That. Is. Ridiculous.”

He took a few steps back and forth through the wall and I couldn't contain my awe.

“Pretty cool, huh?”

“It's awesome! I love it.”

Alan tried to step back to my side of the wall, but I heard what sounded like him hitting it instead of passing through. I raised an eyebrow, confused.

“Alan? Are you okay?”

He reentered the living room through the doorway and I looked at him, puzzled.

“Say all the things you just did again,” he instructed while placing his palm against the wall again.

“Uh, okay. It's,” his hand passed through again.

“Awesome.” Again, it was as if he was transparent.

“I.” Without fail, his hand pushed through.

“Love.”

A thud resonated throughout the still of the apartment and Aurora meowed loudly in response to the noise that had disturbed her nap. Alan made his way back to where I sat on the couch, looking incredibly confused.

“C-can you try to take my hand?”

I nodded and reached out to take his hand. The feeling was exactly as he had described earlier. It was as if there was absolutely nothing there.

“Say it again, p-please.”

He slipped his hand from mine and his gaze held so much expectation that I did not dare to disappoint him.

“Love.”

He reached for my hand again as I spoke and let out a shaky breath when our palms touched. I could really feel his hand now. I felt the contours between his fingers. I could feel the wrinkles, lines, and small dents that made up his light skin. I also felt something I had not expected. A shock, a light tingling where my palm fit against Alan's, had shown itself. It was something I had never felt before and I looked up to see if maybe Alan was feeling the same thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
im laughing right now because the new Ryan Gosling movie coming out soon seems to have a lot of the same ideas as this story and wow are the people in the industry really short on ideas or what