‹ Prequel: About a Boy
Status: Active

Times Change, Friends Leave and Life Doesn't Wait for Anybody

Epilogue

*Four Years Later*
“I swear you get better every time I see you.” Vic grinned as he pulled Kellin into a hug, which Kellin returned with a satisfied smile. “You stink.” Vic wrinkled his nose when he pulled away, gesturing to Kellin’s sweaty shirt.
“I’ll change in a minute.” Kellin said passively, laughing when Jesse leapt onto his back, even sweatier than Kellin was.
“Dude!” The ginger yelled. “That was so awesome!”
Kellin nodded happily and looked around the small venue. It wasn’t a bad turn out, for their first headlining show. Of course, half the people there just were there to support another local band, but they were responsive enough. And Vic being in the audience had helped.
Kellin and his boyfriend had returned to San Diego as soon as Vic finished school (him instantly getting a job working in forensics on the police force, something that Kellin wasn't too happy about until Vic assured him that he wouldn't be in any danger, instead just working in a lab all day). Kellin had gone to speak with his friends, and after three days of discussion and twelve cups of coffee respectively, Sleeping With Sirens was formed.
“Hey!” Kellin spun around to see a group of his friends approaching. Not only was more or less everyone that he’d ever shared a class with in San Diego there, but a few of his and Vic’s old friends from New Haven had flown out just to support him.
“Laila!” Kellin cried, pulling the small girl into a tight hug. She laughed and squeezed back happily.
“You guys were so awesome. I had no idea you could sing like that.” Laila congratulated as she pulled away.
Kellin shrugged. “I dunno, I guess-“
“Kellin, dude.” Beau stepped forward and clapped Kellin on the back, firmly but gently, grinning down at the shorter boy.
“Hey, thanks for coming out.” Kellin smiled genuinely at the boy, still at a loss at how he ever could have hated him.
“Kellin!” Valerie squealed, tugging Kellin into yet another hug. He bent down to wrap his arms around the small girl.
They spent the next half an hour or so being congratulated by random friends, until Vic tugged at Kellin’s arm and began to pull him away, into a secluded corner.
“Hey. What’s up?” Kellin asked, looking at Vic in concern.
“Nothing. Just... Well done. I love you.” Vic whispered, slipping a hand around Kellin’s neck and tugging him down to kiss him.
“I love you too.” Kellin responded, quirking an eyebrow. “Is that it?”
“Mmm.” Vic nodded. Kellin could honestly say that he’d never been happier than he was in that moment, having just stepped off stage, sweaty and disgusting, but with his boyfriend, back in his hometown.
“Tell me which was your favourite.” Kellin whispered into Vic’s ear, causing the other boy to shudder lightly. He loved having that effect on Vic; even if he had exactly the same effect on Kellin.
“’Let Love Bleed Red’ is a good one.” Vic replied, kissing Kellin’s jaw lightly.
“I wrote it for you.” Kellin admitted, remembering, a while ago, when he was sitting boredly in a tutorial lesson in his senior year, thinking about (well, more pining over) Vic and randomly scribbling lyrics. “I wrote them all for you.”
Five years on from that and nothing had changed.
And nothing ever would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is really the end. I'm kind of crying right now, I really feel as though somebody's died, because this series has been my baby. I want to thank anybody and everybody who's commented, recommended, subscribed or even bothered to read this or 'About A Boy', but I'd especially like to thank @Broken_Capulet for commenting on literally every chapter and being so supportive. But thank you guys all so much for sticking around for so long and making this all worth while.
Wow, I feel like I just made an acceptance speech or something. But yeah, thank you all so much, you guys are awesome xxx :)