The Bright Spot

Two

-Taylor-

"Okay, I have all my boxes shipped and on their way to Florida, my suitcases are packed in the car, and all my stuff is out of the apartment." Aspen's pink head ducked into the other rooms checking to make sure she had everything for what seemed to be the hundredth time today.
"I wish you weren't leaving me," I stated, followed by a sigh.
"Well wishing isn't going to change much, hun. Plus, wasn't going to the zoo enough 'bonding' time before I leave?" Aspen said in a rather annoyed tone. I swear she can be such a bitch sometimes.

Here she is, leaving me, my only friend, to live across an ocean, in a different country, and she's not in the slightest bit sad. Instead she yells at me for being upset that she tells me shes leaving the country in a week. No reason. Not vacation. Never coming back.

"Do you have your stuff?" I replied bluntly, trying to change the subject.
"Yes. It's all in the car."
"Guess you better get going so you don't miss your flight."
"You're right." Aspen held out her arms meaning for me to embrace her in a hug. "Look. I know you're upset but I'm sure you'll make a bunch of new friends once I leave." Even she knew that was a lie.
"Yeah. I guess you're right. Better get hopping. Wouldn't want to miss your plane to paradise," I smiled at her while holding her at arms length away. It was hard to hold back the waterworks.

She grabbed her phone and carry on while I watched her walk to her car and start it up.
"I'll miss you crow-head," she yelled from her car, earning a smile from me.
"You too, Bubblegum." And with that, she was gone.

~

Oliver: Hello, love. What are you up to tonight?

Sitting by myself at home watching star wars

Oliver: Would you like to get some coffee?

Oliver, it happens to be 10 pm

Oliver: Yes but I happen to know a place ;)

Fine. As long as I don't get date raped

Oliver: No promises will be made .-. Be at your place in 10

Once i received the last message from our text string I quickly got up and turned the telly off. I at least wanted to look decent, right? I mean just five minutes ago I was sitting on the couch with a bowl of ice cream, crying my eyes out because I didn't want to be alone. That why I had a roommate.
I quickly walked to my room and threw on some black leggings and my old Foo Fighters sweatshirt that used to be my dads. Swiftly, i pulled my hair into a messy bun and put on just a little bit of eyeliner before slipping my moccasins on right as there was a knock on the door. I ran to open the door and Oliver just chuckled at me for coming to the door out of breathe.
"Are you okay?" He asked still chuckling a bit.
"I'm fine. Just give me one minute, I have to grab my purse."

Running yet again into my room and back out, I found Oliver looking at some of the photos on the wall that I had meant to take down earlier in the day.
"My ex-roommate and her ex-boyfriend," I informed him because the look on his face was one of pure confusion.
"Ex-roommate?" He asked. Obviously still a bit confused.
"She moved to Florida earlier today." He must've picked up on the hint of sadness in my voice because he turned around and offered me a smile.
"Sorry about that. Shall we go now?"
"Yes we shall." And with that, we headed out the door and to his car. His very nice car.
♠ ♠ ♠
again i hope this story turns out well!