Status: Currently Updating

I Heard That Evil Comes Disguised, Like the City of Angels

Darkness Has Kept the Light Concealed

"You look so fucking good Allie"

I sighed, looking at myself for the hundreth time, in the small mirror, my brown eyes cover with dark makeup and sparkles, my hot pink and black hair hung in waves down my back, my Avenged Sevenfold shirt peaking from behind the hair. I was currently on the Papa Roach tour bus with Jordan, the concert starting in 20. I just wanted to sleep, the nightmare was taking up every inch of space in my mind. Jimmy had walked me over to Jordan's before kissing my cheek, and promsing me he'd see me before the show. Jordan looked over at me, her dark eyes framed by die for full lashes, her lips were the color of blood red apple, she was prefect. I could never compare to her.

"Your staring at me"
"Your perfect" I mummbled, as I grabbed Jimmy's leather jacket from the back of the couch. My hand's found the small pack of cigarettes, lighting one, I took a deep puff. The nicotine spreading slowly through my blood stream, it was a welcome feeling.

"Alaina, your beautiful" Jordan through an arm over my shoulder's, leading me to the front door. How could I possiblely be compared to her? She had everything I wanted, the greatest husband, the most amazing life. Nothing bad happened to her. Unlike me, Abused by my ex boyfriend, abandoned by my father for not being as great as my brother, sexually assualted. I was a fuck up, a good for nothing fucking waste of space. My heart tightened with anger and sadness, put I didn't let it show, placing the cancer stick between my lips, I puffed, allowing the buzz to consume me.

"You know I saw Jimmy checking you out, when he dropped your ass off"
Laughing, I flicked my cigarette into the sidewalk.
"Your imaging shit, we are just really good friends, nothing more"
She looked over at me, as we walked up the steps to the stage.
"Sure, just watch the moment the boy see's you he's going to get a huge smile on his face, and stand next to you"

Not even a few seconds after Jordan said it, Jimmy came running up to me, a huge smile plastered to his face. My fucking god, did he look so good. He had a black wife beater on, his red basketball shorts, and black vans. I felt his eyes, running up and down my body, a blush creeping over my cheeks. His gaze flicked over to Jordan, she had a smirk on her face.

"Damn Alaina, you look good girl, Jordan you look like shit"
She laughed before playfully punching him in the arm, "Thanks Jimbo, where is my husband?"

He pointed to the hallway, leading away from the stage. Jordan gave me a kiss on the cheek before running to find her husband.

"Feeling better?" Jimmy asked as he took my hand, leading me down the hallway, tiny fluttering erupted from my stomach. My mouth went dry.
"Yeah, feeling much better, I can't wait to see you play" my word's cracking on the last word, Jimmy looked down, before smiling, he pushed open a door on his right. My brother was sitting on the couch, guitar in hand, strumming the beat to Bat Country, Johnny was on the floor, tuning his guitar. Zacky and Matt were in the corner, talking lowely, beer in hand.

"Want a beer, or do you want to take shots?" raising an eyebrow up at him, I went to the table in the room, pouring me a shot of gin, before pouring him one too.
"One shot, can't have you drunk on stage Jimbo"

He smiled, before throwing his head back, tipping the glass of amber liquid down, I followed suit, letting the liquid burn a trail down my throat. Warmth spread through my body, like liquid fire. Puring my self, another shot, I felt a hand on my shoulder before I could tip my head back. It was Brian, a look of worry etched into his tanned face, his brown eyes, outlined in heavy black liner, searching mine, trying ro decode my thoughts. Jimmy went to sit on the couch, grabbing his drumming pad.

"Alaina, can I talk to you?"

I put the tiny glass to my lips, tilted my head back, letting the liquid fire run down my throat once more. Then I followed my brother out of the room, into the hallway. Brian pulled me into a hug, I wrapped my arm's around my brother, this was safety, this was my rock, my everything.

"Are you okay? Did you have flash back's again babygirl?"

Nodding, I buried my face into his leather jacket, my brother knew exactly what my flashbacks were about, He had dealt with the after math from college. 4 month's ago, he had stayed up every fucking night with me as I thrashed around, trying to escape the darkness that always followed me. It took everything I had not to break down in his arms, in this tiny ass hallway.

"I wish I could make them go away, I wish I could of protected you from him" he whispered, patting my hair down, my brother. My life line to reality. When I had come home from a college visit, my brother nearly drove the fuck back to my college to beat the living shit out of my ex boyfriend, Brian knew exactly what Drew was doing to me those four years at college, but the day I came home with a swollen lip and a black eye, that was the last straw for him. Brian took me away, it took every once of will power to not murder Drew, he bought me an apartment, moved me out, and came to visit every week until college was over. The day I graduated, he came to get me, and let me move in with him. I owed my brother my life. I gripped his leather jacket harder, for fear that if I let go the darkness would consume me again.

"It's okay babygirl" He patted my hair once more, before giving me a kiss on my forehead. I looked up at him, his eyes shiny as if he wanted to cry. The pain this man beared for me was enough to break my already broken heart.
"I love you" I whispered, it was all I could say. It's all I could feel for him. I loved him, so much. Without him, I'd be dead, away from my world, my life, my brother.

"You two done cuddling in the hallway" I let go of Brian to see Matt's head sticking out from the doorway. Brian put his arm around me, leading me back into the room. Looking around, I couldn't help but smile, I was surrounded by my best friend's, all willing to give their lives for me. I was the luckiest girl in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?