Sequel: Punk Rox! Book II
Status: COMPLETED

Punk Rox!

Because We Can, That's Why!

We all sat around the TV, barely watching Dance Moms. I kind of like it... The guys had gotten used to my girly ways and just put up with it. They learned it isn’t that horrible to go with some of the effeminate things I bring up.

I’m a little girly, but don’t go thinking I’m a chick in a dude’s body because I’m gay. I’m all male... With some feminine qualities... Okay, I may be a chick in a dude’s body, but I like being a guy and I’m not changing that anytime soon.

On the TV, Abby Lee was scolding the little dancer girl for being ‘difficult’ because she started crying. Then, all they had to do to make it stop was pair her up with a cute, white boy and everything was fine.

Classic...

I roll my eyes at it. I may like this show, but it annoys me sometimes. “I’m bored...” Skeeter said, Heath and Ethan both nodded. I shrugged and continued painting my nails. Yes, I paint my nails, fuck off. I like neon colors and I’m painting them yellow, bright purple, and light green. Because I can, that’s why.

“Can we change it to, like, That 70’s Show or something?” Ethan begged, I couldn’t say no to those pleading green eyes.

“Fine,” I sighed and Heath jumped the remote. Quickly surfing through The Guide, he found one of the few channels that played it and turned on our favorite 90’s show. That’s 70’s Show has been around since we were babies.

The episode where Hyde cheats on Jackie with some nurse and Kelso finds out was on at the moment. He asks Donna if he should tell Jackie, but is discrete and Donna jumps to the conclusion that Eric is cheating on her, but he isn’t. Kelso explains before she ‘snaps him like a twig’ and she tells him that he should tell Hyde he knows then give him a chance to tell Jackie. Kelso just wants the ‘right thing’ to be the ‘topless thing’, too, but, of course it never is.

We’ve seen every episode and could possibly reenact every season perfectly by only memory. Sad, right? “Hey, did you know that you can get a pulse by pressing your fingers here?” Skeeter had his fingers pressed the that little space at the bottom of the neck and the start of the collarbone. He did have a good point, the pulse is very easily felt there, too. You don’t look as hard as when you press it to your neck a little under your jaw. Of course, we never thought of that at the time and we all pressed our fingers to the skin just above the bone. Because we’re idiots, that’s why. My skin pulsed beneath my fingers. What do you know? Idiot was right.

“Whoa,” We all awed, more surprised that Skeeter knew that was his pulse than the feeling of our own pulses. He nodded like an idiot, making his wild, brown hair fly around him. Skeeter’s hair looks kind of like dust, it’s a light brown color. Much less vibrant looking than Ethan’s rich, brunette locks. But Skeet’s hair is much longer than even mine.

Ethan is a fan of hats. It just makes him look all laid back and cool. Heath is Heath, ladies man, tan, sexy beast, surfer. His hair isn’t particularly long, but it’s sort of spiky and he has brown highlights. Ethan has that long, ‘flippy’ hair. Skeet just has long, wild hair, it’s hard to explain. I have thick, ebony mop that easily falls over my eyes and the ends curl slightly and rest on my shoulders. The baseball hat Ethan had randomly placed on my head earlier sat crookedly on my head as I painted. It tilted because I always tilt my head for some reason. When I’m focusing on something, like my nails, I absent-mindedly tilt my head to the side. Ethan always wears his hats sideways, he thinks it looks cooler, and it does - just for the record.

We all have certain goals in life. Heath wants to be an international surf boarder. Ethan wants to be a skate boarder like Tony Hawk. Skeeter wants to get a Playboy Bunny wife. And me? I don’t really know of a goal I have only for myself...

But we all have one goal that we share.

We want to be famous.

And our band, Pünk Rox, is our key to our dreams.

I’m Jesse, and this our story of fame, fortune, tragedy and love.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so old...I've done my best rewriting it without taking away all of its ancient (two year) charms. It's not really that great, if I'm honest, but if you're looking for a cute, light-hearted story with no real direction or point other than to be cute and make you smile: this is for you! ^_^

Also, if you bear with me and find you enjoy my pairing, I'm in the process of writing a different story with the same Jendy goodness, but more serious and...more like how I envisioned them.

If you're new and wondering what the fuck "Jendy" is, it's the name some of my other readers on the website I originally posted this on made up for the couple. :3
It's shorter and kinda cute; I like it so, I'll use it, too.