Sequel: Punk Rox! Book II
Status: COMPLETED

Punk Rox!

Let the Lemon-Grape Juice Rain Down!

“This game, what a lovely game
Is this all you have to show?”

I sang into the recording mic. Skeet beat the drums and it was silent for a split second.

“You’re a fake,
Gonna rewrite history?
Next take!
Try again!
Work around your problems!
Gonna show them all, my heads throbbing.”

I sang the lyrics accordingly, haven’t messed up yet!

“You look so sweet asleep,
And all your sheep,
Just shrug,
I’ll help you into this grave you’ve dug!
No more playing,
These strings are fraying,
Hazing,
My head is spinning!

Run from the thinning...
Lines...

I’ve been hiding,
Lying,
I’m buying all the time I can.
This silence is deafening.
You were never listening!

You look so sweet asleep,
And all your sheep,
Just shrug,
I’ll help bury you in this grave you’ve dug!

You always,
Danced around me,
Well, now I’m the one holding the noose!
You’re falling,
Always loose,
Fading,
I’m waiting...

FALL!

You look so sweet asleep,
And all your sheep,
Just shrug,
And into this grave you’ve dug.

Tell me now,
Was it all worth it?
I believe, no, I can’t believe,
All you hid up your sleeve.
Never understood,
Always under hood,
Lurking like the blood sucking bitch you are!

I’ve been hiding,
Lying,
I’m buying all the time I can.
This silence is deafening,
But you were never listening!

You look so sweet asleep,
Just a sheep,
I only shrug,
And push you into the grave you’ve dug!

Don’t worry dear,
So much left unsaid,
What is left not bid,
I should’ve said...
Down in this grave,
This isn’t a rave,
This is the path you’ve paved.”

And cut!

I knew I screwed it up again.

“How many times are you planning on switching the choruses!?” Ethan was getting irritated with me.

“Sorry,” I muttered, pulling off the headphones, not looking at him through the soundproof glass.

“Jesse, focus!” The tech guy Rico talked into the mic that sent the sound into my little recording room.

“I’m sorry! Fuck!” I was shorter tempered than usual today. Ethan forced his way into the room through the little door on the side and waved off the sound guys. They all got up and left, frustrated and hungry since it was passed lunch. It was just Ethan and I, the other two and Harper were going to the airport to wait for Quincy and bring him here.

“What the hell?!” Ethan raged.

I only glared at the floor. My mind was too taken by the thoughts running through it to focus on singing. It was bad, too, considering we only had a couple months to record and put the album out. And this was an unwelcome problem.

“Jess!” He grabbed my shoulders and forced me to look into his emerald eyes.

“What is wrong with you!?”

I looked down at his rosary necklace with an inverted cross. I say his, but that was mine. He just took it this morning.

“It’s Andy, isn't it?” He said, still staring down at me. I looked up, shocked.

“I-...” My eyes lowered.

“Jess, is love really worth your career?” He asked suddenly.

I knew what he was trying to tell me. Was Andy really worth wasting this much time thinking about? Probably not, but I couldn’t help it. I couldn’t help that my thoughts kept wandering back to him every two minutes.

“Come on, Pumpkin, this is just the beginning,” Ethan smiled at the use of his old nickname for me. It was a bit a of a long story.

“There’s gonna be lots of other guys! You’ll be like Adam Lambert or Chris Crocker, all the gays and bi dudes will be after you,” He grinned like an idiot, “You’ll have straight men going gay for you,” he said dramatically, placing his arm across his forehead, “You’ll fall in love with some and just fuck a bunch more for the fun of it!” He winked and started chuckling.

I just couldn’t even respond, the stupidity was overwhelming.

My face: ¬_¬

“Sometimes, I swear you’re a bigger ho than Heath...” I muttered, and he burst out laughing.

“That’s right, Pumpkin! So focus, and let’s finish the EP. Then, you can waste your time day dreaming about Andy, okay?” He offered a warm smile, “And, hey, if it’s meant to be, you two will be together. Love is a conniving bitch, she can twist you and break you like a thin sheet of ice, but she can also bask you in the warmest, most beautiful light you’ve ever seen. Many people become blinded by that light. I expect you to be smart enough to not look directly at it and wear sunglasses...” His face became straight at the end, almost like he was serious.

“I’m serious...”

I held my tongue for a moment, but I couldn’t help myself, I started laughing.

“I am...”

“Okay! Okay! I’ll wear sunglasses to avoid a light that doesn’t actually exist, happy?” I seized laughing.

“That sounds retarded,” He smirked, I rolled my eyes.

“You’re retarded.”

“And you’re my Pumpkin!”

“I hate that name! Shut the fuck up!” He chuckled at my outburst.

“Come on, Pumpkin, it’s your oldest childhood nickname.” He taunted.

“I couldn’t help I looked like a girl!”

“People actually thought you were my girlfriend when we were eight,” He laughed, I growled.

“Not much has changed, has it Pumpkin?”

I glared, I didn’t look nearly as much like a girl as I did when I was little!

“Guess not, Fuckhead...”

“Now, that’s not very lady-like, Pumpkin,” He mocked, I glowered.

“I am going to kill you in your sleep... When you shower tonight, don’t put your head back because if you do, you’re gonna end up with a fork in your throat. I’m gonna stab you to death with a spoon...and then I’ll choke you with it... I’m gonna-”

“Alright, Pumpkin, I’ll stop,”

A sadistic smile spread across my face.

“Uh...” Ethan looked scared.

“I think I’ll buy snake,” I could just see him begin to sweat at the thought, “a biiiig, fat python. One that could eat a man whole in just one bite.” I taunted, and he looked like he was about to scream.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Ethan Jared Daniels is terrified of snakes.

“Can you imagine? Its body would be wider than your stomach!” I went on, he gulped.

“Its mouth would probably be the size of your head!” I fake gasped, he began to hunch into himself.

“Its fangs would be the size of your-”

“Okay! I’m sorry! I’ll stop! Just...well, you love Andy! Yeah! You’re in love with guy in a band! So cliché!” He paused, and turned and ran out of the room. Pussy. I was grinning like I’d just won a million dollars. I immediately stopped when I saw Ethan freeze on the other side through the glass. I ran out to come face to face with two pairs of stunned hazel and blue eyes.

Jake had a guitar case in his hand and Andy had a bunch papers and a notebook. They were staring back at us like they were frozen. Ethan’s eyes travelled to the equipment, no one had turned off the sound that transferred whatever was going on in the soundproof room into headphones or out into the open studio. I noticed the headphones were laying unhooked on the floor.

That means...

I turned cherry red instantly. I wrapped my arms around myself and looked away, utterly embarrassed and ashamed.

“What did you hear!? You heard nothing!” Ethan looked around like he just committed murder. Jake slowly placed down his guitar and closed the short distance between him and Ethan. He grabbed my guitarist’s wrist and pulled him passed a still shocked Andy and out the door. Closing it behind them, they left Andy and I alone in the recording room.

“I-...” My voice cracked, everything was crashing.

“You...” Andy seemed almost embarrassed himself.

“I-!” I looked up, my face still on fire, “I-... I-...”

I looked back down, closing my eyes tight.

They shot open again when I heard the sound of paper hitting the floor. I wasn’t even able to react, it happened so fast. Andy was on his knees in front of me in an instant. He took my face in his hands and pulled me to his lips. My eyes widened and I felt my whole body heat up.

He just kissed me...