Sequel: Punk Rox! Book II
Status: COMPLETED

Punk Rox!

Revelation

Andy's POV


“What the fuck...?” Quincy stepped up onto the BVB bus and saw us all fucking dying.

“It’s hoooot.....” Jesse groaned, laying on the floor.

“It’s hot... Okay, yeah, so it’s like seventy degrees here and ninety-four in Texas. If anything, it’s warm,” Quincy stated, “and wait ‘til you get to Phoenix,

I inwardly groaned, remembering how hot it was there.

“Damn desert regions...” Ethan swore.

“Mexico’s even hotter,” Quincy explained.

“Fuck Mexico, I wanna go to Canada where all it does is snow,” Jess mumbled, I chuckled at this.

“... Yeah, so aren’t we supposed to be busy with work instead of bitching about the heat?” Quincy questioned. He was a pretty ‘there’ dude, but in heat like this, his work ethic was unbelievable, unreasonable even.

“They are,” All the BVB members, including myself, pointed to whichever Pünk Rox member we were closest to.

“Exactly,” Quincy crossed his arms.

“Aw, you sell out bastard!” Jess yelled at me as I was the one closest to him. I smirked and leaned over, placing a kiss on the side of his head. It’s been about four days since we, to be cliché, admitted our love for each other. It didn’t take anyone too long to figure it out, either. We completely blocked out an entire day to be with each other. Jake and Ethan seemed to know before we even walked out of the studio, I guess Jake explained to him the situation I was in. Traitor bastard...

It didn’t seem to bother anyone, I was just happy no one questioned me about it. Yet. There was still a long way to go, though. Still a lot of obstacles to pass. I still hadn’t even said anything to my girlfriend. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. I hadn’t really spoken to her since that day, I wasn’t sure what to say to her. I mean, really, what the hell was I supposed to say? Hey, sorry Juliet, I’m in love with someone else, and I’m leaving you for a guy!

No.

Maybe not exactly like that, but it could be something similar. That is the truth.

I know! But I’m still not comfortable with this whole thing...

Everyone here knows, what aren’t comfortable with?

I don’t mean them. I trust them. I’m not comfortable with being gay or bi or whatever yet.

Oh.

Oh?!

What else do you want from me? This is your problem, man. Tell your parents first, then the chick, and then go from there. How’s that?

My...parents?

Yes, dipshit; the woman who birthed you and the man responsible for your existence.

Oh god, I can’t do it...

Then, tell Jesse good-bye, pretend this never happened and go back to being in love with Juliet.

How the hell do you expect me to do that?! No! I want to be with Jess.

Don’t you think he deserves at least that? You don’t have to go public yet, but don’t you think he’d want your parents to know? And you to be honest to the girl?

Shut up, I’ll... I’ll think of something...Just give me some time, okay? Can I have that?

“Andy,” Jesse’s sweet, angelic voice rang through my ears. I turned to look into his unique chrome-blue eyes. He leaned over and gently kissed my lips.

“I’m gonna go...outside...to die...with them...” His eyes flicked to the door where Heath was waiting, looking like he was about catch on fire.

I couldn’t help the smile that spread to my face at the way he put it. He was so dramatic. And eccentric. And flamboyant. And the gayest star in the sky. But I loved him.

“Have fun,” I kissed his cheek and sat up, amused when he glared at the floor.

“Come on,” I got up, grabbing his arm and pulling him up with me.

“I guess, I’ll see you around...late-ish?” I told the guys and my manager.

“No breeding!” Jon warned, Heath burst out laughing.

“In the studio? Really?” I questioned.

“Sounds kinda kinky,” Jess giggled, hanging on my side. That was so cute!

You are gay...

Let me enjoy this for five minutes...Can you do that?

Good luck with that.

“Exactly, and I’m not going to take responsibility for the mess,”

“Ew Jon, okay goddamn,” I dragged my little midget boyfriend out into the heat.

“It burns!” Jess screamed, now in the sunlight. I laughed and went to catch up with the others, pulling him with me, Heath lagging behind us.

***


“Goddammit, Jesse!” Ethan raged.

“I’m sorry...” Jess huffed, I wasn’t entirely sure what was going on.

“Four songs! That’s all we have correctly done right now! How the fuck are we supposed to meet our deadline!”

“Fuck off!” Jess fought.

“Everyone, just calm down,” Josh tried to settle it.

“Look, let’s all just take a break. We’re all tired, let’s just take five and get back to work once everyone cools down,” Josh went on.

“Whatever,” Ethan and Jess growled simultaneously.

Jess pushed his way out of the recording room and out the studio door. Everyone else stayed, looking nervous and frustrated, but I couldn’t let Jesse just go off on his own. Who knows what that kid could get into? He’s so cute, he might get raped! He does look very much like a girl...

“Jess,” I followed him and grabbed his arm before he could get outside into the heat.

“I just...I don’t even know what I do wrong half the time...” He admitted sadly. I could just about feel my heart crack.

“Everyone’s stressing out about this, okay? You have limited time and you always want your albums, especially your first, to be perfect. Just relax and sing. That’s all you have to do,” I tried to reassure. I wasn’t sure how good of a job I was doing, though. I could see the tears in his eyes and I felt a pang of pain rip through my chest. He must’ve been really freaking out about this. I ran my hand over his cheek.

“It’s okay, Jess,”

“I don’t even think I can do this, how the fuck are we supposed to make it?” He whispered, “Should I just quit and go home so they can find a better singer?”

“No! No, Jess,” I bent down so I could be more to his level.

“I know you can do this, alright? Don’t listen to anything anyone else tells you, you’re a great singer and I don’t think anyone else could fit the band better than you. I know you’re really stressed out right now, but don’t give up. Never give in,” He burst into tears with the last sentence. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight.

“You can do it, Jess,” I forced him to look at me and I wiped away the tears.

“Be strong,” I told him, relieved when he nodded.

“Come on, let’s go melt in the heat for a while,” I smiled and gathered him up in my arms.

“Okay,” He sighed, snuggling into my chest.

That is just the cutest little thing!

And you bitch at me for being gay?

Shut up, man, he’s so cute!

I had to agree.

I walked outside with him in my arms. I took him to the other side of the building and sat him down on a random crate that was placed there. A while ago, too, from the looks of the vines clinging to the mouth. I just sat on the ground beside him.

“I’m scared,” His voice was hushed as he leaned against the building.

“That’s normal,” I told him, “but have faith in yourself and in your band. I know you can do it, baby,” He blushed, a giggly smile came to his face.

“Thanks, Chibi,” He grinned.

“What the hell does that even mean?”

“Just think of it as a term of endearment,” He rested his head on mine, still smiling, which made me smile. Too cliché?

“I’m just gonna assume it’s a word in your dictionary that means love,” I heard him giggle again.

“I do love you,” He looked at me with those pale blue eyes.

“I love you, too, Jess,” I couldn’t help but smile. What would you call it? The honeymoon phase? Where everything is all fluffy and plushy and cute. I leaned over to kiss him, grabbing his small waist and pulling him into my lap. He wrapped his arms around my neck and happily kissed back. I ran my tongue over his bottom lip, asking permission to entrance, of which he allowed. With the condition he got to bite my tongue.

“Ow,” I muttered, pulling back. He giggled like a school girl.

“You’re dangerous,” I chuckled, locking lips again, knowing the danger.

This time, he wasn’t vicious and let me explore his mouth. Nervously, knowing he would probably bite again at any given moment, but it was a risk worth taking. Hearing him moan into the kiss was even more rewarding. And Ethan had to ruin that.

“Oh, come on! Didn’t we agree on no breeding!?” Jess jumped back, blushing like crazy. I just thought it was cute. I placed a kiss under his jaw, causing him to turn a deeper red.

“Sorry I would just let you two fuck in public, where you could possibly get arrested for public indecency, but we do have an album to record. Only three more songs. Let’s go Jess!” And with that, Ethan walked away. Jesse sighed, still cherry red.

“You’re so cute,” I couldn’t help myself, I began kissing down his neck.

“Uh! Uh...uh? Okay, down boy...” He blushed harder and practically jumped out of my lap. I laughed at this. I couldn’t figure him out at all. But I did know he was adorable and I loved him.

And I really needed to do something about my parents and girlfriend before he finds out. Before anyone finds out.

I decided.

“Jess,” I said, standing up.

“Mm?” He mumbled, trying to cool the blush on his cheeks.

“I’ll be back in a little while, okay? I have something I need to do,” I told him, he looked at me with pleading eyes.

“I-” I cut him off with a kiss.

“You can do this, baby, I know you can. Believe in yourself and I promise, I’ll be back soon,” He reluctantly nodded and kissed me again. I heard him sigh before walking around the corner and back into the building.

Plan?

I feel like I owe Juliet at least this much so she can move on with her life. I’m going home.

***


“Hey, Jewels?” I opened the door to our apartment.

“Andy?” She peeked her head around the corner, sounding shocked as if she didn’t expect me home at all.

“Yeah...Hi...” And now I was nervous.

“I thought you dropped off the earth and died...” She walked over to me.

“Thanks...” I grumbled, she smiled and wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug.

“I’m glad you’re back and in one piece,” She leaned to kiss me, I turned my head away.

She took the hint and backed off, I could sense she wasn’t too happy about it, though.

“I... I really...need to talk to you...” I swallowed, to say I was nervous was an underestimate. Solicitous, apprehensive, disquieted, insert-bigger-words-here. I was freaking the fuck out on the inside! How’s that!?

“Okay...” Her voice was flat.

“I-...I-I, um...” I bit my lip and looked down at the floor.

“I, uh, I feel like I really need to tell you this because you don’t deserve the humiliation...”

She was silent for a moment, “What did you do?”

“I-!...I-I-I...” Think, you dumb bastard, think!

“Can we sit?” My voice cracked.

How ingenious.

Help!?

Just tell her straight up, Batboy.

We sat down on the couch, Juliet eyeing me up like I just killed someone. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to do it.

“Just tell me, Andy,” She told me softly even though her eyes weren’t nearly as gentle.

My stomach churned, “I... I love you, I do, but...”

Here goes nothing...

“I’m in love with someone else...”

She blinked, her eyes widened, but she said nothing.

“I’m sorry...”

Don’t apologize, dumbass!

“Don’t...don’t apologize,” She looked away so I couldn’t decrypt the emotion behind it.

“I mean, if you love someone, you shouldn’t regret loving them. So, don’t apologize unless you regret loving that person,” She told me, sadness in her eyes, but she seemed surprisingly calm.

I sighed silently in relief that she was taking this well.

“Look, I knew- I mean, I didn’t know! But I could feel you drifting away. I...I knew...this wasn’t going to last much longer...” She looked ready to cry, but I knew my Dragonfly was strong.

“I-I want you to be happy, Andy, and if someone else will make you happy like we used to be, I’m okay with that,” She forced herself to smile.

“I want you to be happy, too. And that’s why I had to come to you first. I didn’t want you to find out through someone else because I’m too much of a coward,” I looked into her eyes.

“Can I...can I at least know who it is? Not to sound nosy or anything, I just...I’m curious...I guess, I just wanna know who knocked you out harder than I could,” She smiled crookedly, but honestly.

“That’s why I feel so ashamed I let it grow to this without telling either of you,” I sighed.

“Who is it, Andy?”

“Jesse...” I whispered his name, not fully intending her to hear.

“Who?”

“Jesse Ford, the singer in a new band who will be headlining for us,” I spit it out quickly.

“Oh...” She appeared a bit dumbstruck.

“A little cliché to fall in love with a girl in an upcoming band, don’t you think, rockstar?”

“That’s the problem,”

“Hm?” I knew this would come as a shock to her.

“Jesse’s a boy.”

Her jaw literally dropped. I stared guiltily at the floor. It wasn’t long before I felt her wrap her arms around me.

“You are gay! My brother was right!” Was she grinning!?

“What?!”

Ahaha, oh my god!

“No! No! Oh, no! I’m not! I just...” I sighed, well this couldn’t have turned out any better.

I smiled. No, it really couldn’t have. I wouldn’t have wanted it much different. It was Juliet.