‹ Prequel: Rooftop Musings
Sequel: Set Sail
Status: finished | 5th sept, 2015

Where the Wind Takes Us

prologue

One time, we were sitting on your rooftop after a game of strip poker that I stupidly agreed to, and I was about to tell you something important. Yeah, it could’ve changed our friendship and I was scared of the outcome but I thought to myself, ‘I shouldn’t be scared', you know? And I was going to tell you, I was ready to come right out and say it and then you asked me whether I had feelings for you. The way you said it made me believe that you didn’t share the same feelings I felt and so I replied with, “Me and you? You’re like my brother.”

It broke my heart to say it because what I feel for you is real and true, but then you said you weren’t interested and oh God, it was like the world had stopped spinning and we weren’t sitting on a rooftop but rather you were sitting on my heart and there was a weight pressed down onto me. There was a sick sort of feeling swimming around in my throat and my fingers were clammy and for a moment, I couldn’t breathe.

And now, because of what I said, things are different.

Because I’m in love with you, and you don’t feel the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a snippet of what's to come, I hope you enjoy :)