‹ Prequel: Rooftop Musings
Sequel: Set Sail
Status: finished | 5th sept, 2015

Where the Wind Takes Us

i'd give you the ride of your life

Even though I don't turn 18 until 11.57pm tonight and I've told my friends this plenty of times, mind you, this doesn't stop them wishing me a happy birthday. Many times.

It starts with a 7.00am wake up call by Georgia, who jumps on my bed until I wake up and throw a pillow at her.

"Fuck off," I groan. "It's 7am."

"It's also your birthday!" Georgia exclaims. She stops jumping and sits down cross legged on my bed. "Now I could give you what I gave Colton but as great as I am in bed, I don't think you want to fuck me. Sorry," she corrects herself as I giggle. "Make love."

"Psh," I tell her. "I'd give you the ride of your life and you know it."

Georgia's eyes light up. "Nat! You sound like me! This is great!"

I laugh, though I'm a little mortified of what's just come out of my mouth. "It's too early to make judgements. I'll sound like my old self back soon, just you wait."

Georgia hums in reply. "Do you want your present now?"

I nod excitedly.

Georgia pulls a small wrapped package from her bag and hands it to me. "Enjoy," she says devilishly.

Oh god. I can only guess what she has in store for me.

I open the package and there's three gifts. The first gift is a voucher to a spa I've been wanting to go in Gold Coast for months. Though I won't have time to go on this trip, I'll have plenty of time to go during schoolies.

The second gift, to my horror and Georgia's excitement is a lipstick tube. Though it's not just any tube, because inside contains a vibrator.

A vibrator.

"Georgia!" I squeal. "Really? A vib-"

I can't even finish my sentence. I'm blushing so hard at the mere thought of owning a vibrator, let alone using one.

She laughs. "I got this for you before you and Josh started talking, but from what I've heard, Josh is better than a vibrator."

I stop, hardly believing to take in what I've heard. I don't want to know where G heard this, but at the same time, my mind wonders to the possibilities of Josh being better with a vibrator.

A knock on the door interrupts my less than innocent thoughts and Georgia leaps out of bed to answer it.

"Josh!" I hear Georgia exclaim. "What a lovely surprise!"

In haste I hide the vibrator under my bed and climb out, joining Georgia and a very attractive Josh at the door. He looks like he's just worked out at the downstairs gym and maybe it's just me, but his arms look bigger than they did yesterday. Maybe that's just what happens post-workout, though.

"Let me know when you've stopped checking me out," Josh comments dryly.

I snap out of my trance and look at Josh sheepishly. "It's my birthday; I can do what I want?"

Josh and Georgia laugh. "I'm going to get changed," Georgia announces. "You two behave yourselves. I can hear everything."

I blush, thinking about my previous non-innocent thoughts.

Josh raises an eyebrow. "You alright?"

I nod, a small smile reaching my face. "So, are you gonna wish me a happy birthday?"

Josh chuckles. "Come here, Fader."

"But you just worked out," I half-heartedly protest, though that doesn't stop me from wrapping my arms around Josh's neck and pulling him close to me.

I like hugs, okay? This has nothing to do with how Josh feels in my arms or how I can feel his arms tightening around my body or even though he smells like sweat, he mostly smells like boy and god damn does he smell wonderful.

"Happy birthday, Nat," he tells me. "I got something for you, close your eyes."

I step back and obediently close my eyes. A moment later, he asks me to open them and there he stands, holding a single white rose.

I love white roses.

"I've also got them delivered to your place too so you don't have to feel bad about leaving this one here," Josh explains. "Do you like them? I hope it's okay I delivered them to your house..."

I interrupt Josh by reaching up to give him a kiss on the cheek. "I love it," I tell him. "You're coming tonight, yeah?"

Josh seems flustered. "Yep. I got another present waiting for you tonight as well. You can claim it if you want."

"She'll claim it," I say. "I mean, I will. I'll claim. I'll be there. Yep." Oh god, I'm blabbering now. Where's Georgia to save me from this? "Okay I'm gonna get ready and you should too because no offence, but you kinda smell." Josh grins. "I'll see you later, okay?" And before I chicken out, I lean over to kiss his cheek again. What is with me kissing his cheek? "Have a good shower!"

I close the door on him, and immediately collapse myself against it. Why must I be such an awkward bumbling idiot?

"Did you kiss him?" Georgia asks, dressed in a cute tee and shorts. "All I heard was you blubbering away and then some kissy noises. Were you testing the 'Josh is better than a vibrator' theory?"

I try to ignore the jibe, though it's clear that my reddened cheeks aren't going to fade any time soon. "I kissed him on the cheek twice. He was so sweet; he even delivered white roses to my house so I wouldn't feel bad about leaving this one." I hold up the rose to Georgia and she smiles. "He said I should find him tonight because he has another present to give me. Do you know what it is?"

Surprisingly, Georgia nods. "If he decides to do what we talked about, you'll love it. I'm like, 110% sure you'll be the happiest gal in all the lands."

I giggle. "Happier than finding out Josh is better than a vibrator?"

Georgia laughs. "If he's as good as what I've heard, nothing will beat that. By the way, when are you going to tell him you like him?"

“What?”

“What?” Georgia raises an eyebrow. “Are you honestly going to tell me that if you have no feelings for him? At all?”

I blush. Why am I blushing? “Josh um, just wants to be friends. I’m happy to be his friend.”

“Uh huh,” Georgia says. “Look Nat, I love you and all, but you gotta cut the shit because that’s not foolin’ anyone. I think you’re in serious denial about your feelings for him.”

I shake my head. “I like hanging out with Josh and I like being around him but that doesn’t mean I have feelings? I mean yeah I think he’s hot but that’s it. We’re friends. That’s it.”

Georgia smiles. “Sorry for pushing you, but I’m also not sorry because the sexual tension between you two is unreal and I’m getting horny for even witnessing that. Let’s just enjoy your birthday, okay?”

I laugh. “I know you mean well, G.” I say. “All good. Thank you for being a dope best friend.”

Georgia throws a pillow at me. “Just because it’s your birthday doesn’t mean you’re allowed to be soppy as fuck.”

♡♡♡


The day continues with more wishing's of 'happy birthday's'. The boys - Mick, James and Colton - get the entire cohort of year 12 to sing me happy birthday as we sit down to eat breakfast in the main dining room. James spins me around in a hug, earning many disapproved looks from other guests. His gift to me as he eloquently puts it is "the gift of me, Nat. What more do you want?" His actual gift is some nice perfume and chocolates, which I will happily indulge in. Colton gives me a friendly hug and his present: a few carefully chosen mixes for different occasions. One for when I'm feeling artsy and in the inspirational mood, one to help me wake up so I don't need to go to Gloria Jeans in the morning (Colton doesn't approve of my daily spending habits), and one to help me get 'in the mood'. I'd been confused about that one until Georgia piped in and explained that it was what I should listen to paired with the gift she bought me. The boys ask why I was as red as a lobster. Georgia laughed. I couldn't explain why.

Mick's gift to me is one of my favourites, and one of the most surprising. He didn't bring it with him because he didn't want it to break in either of our bags, but he did show me a picture. It's an easel, complete with a cute red stool and a load of paper so that I could set up a little art space for wherever I was moving to.

His gift touches me the most, because of his previous disapproving thoughts towards my art. "Thanks Mick," I say sweetly, reaching up to hug him. "I know it's hard for you to accept that like, I'm in this arts thing for real, but I'm glad you do."

Mick smiles. There will never be a day that I get sick of his smile. "I know I give you a lot of grief, but everything I do; I do with the best intentions. Even if they are misguided."

I snort. "Very misguided, but I appreciate the apology."

Mick tries to ruffle my hair but I yank my head back in time. “Not a chance, Ryans,” I warn. “You can go ruffle someone else’s hair.”

Mick pouts, and then lights up when he sees Georgia running towards him. He reaches his hand out to Georgia’s hair but she manages to neatly dodge his hand.

“SOS,” Georgia pants. “Jolton are buying supplies. Distraction. Now.” Jolton, as in James and Colton. Those two are so close that they have a couples’ name.

We decided earlier that James and Colton would be the ones to buy alcohol, because James was the oldest and the least likely person to get caught, whereas Colton was smart and also knew which alcohol to buy for the money we had pooled together. He’s the brains, whereas James is well, whatever the opposite of brains is.

Mick chucks an arm around my shoulder and leads Georgia and I to Assface and Mr. Dalf. “Sir! Did you know it’s Nat’s birthday today?”

“Yes,” Mr. Dalf says cheerfully. “Happy birthday, Natalie! May you enjoy your day at Wet’n’Wild.”

“Not too much fun,” Assface warns. “Lights out at 11, remember?”

“Yes sir,” I say innocently, batting my eyelashes. “Thank you for the well-wishes.”

It turns out that’s all we need as a distraction, as James and Colton return. It’s lucky that they’ve had time to stash it in their rooms before we leave to Wet’n’Wild.

Mick sighs happily. “Everything’s set up for tonight, then?”

Colton nods. “Matt brought the pills. He’s planning to plant them in his dinner.”

“This is gonna be good.” James rubs his hand together. “Nat’s going to have the best birthday ever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit
i love nat's bikini

idek what to say
so many feels
coming from EVERYWHERE
SO MANY BOYS I CAN'T CHOOSE