Status: Complete

Never Gone

Never Gone

Walking through the graveyard with Xander close beside her, Willow could see the stone that she knew belonged to her lost love. She could feel part of Tara, and knew without being told that the marble she was looking at was her heart's grave. When they stopped a distance away from the stone, Xander turned to look at Willow.

"Are you sure you can handle this?" Xander asked, concern clear in his eyes.

With a nod, Willow walked the rest of the way, kneeling in front of the grave after placing two stones on top of it. "Hey, Baby. It's me," Willow whispered, running her finger over the letters of Tara's name.

"I really miss you
There's something that I got to say"


Willow felt her heart break again as she stared at the stone, whispering to her lost love.

"The things we did, the things we said
Keep coming back to me and make me smile again"


Willow smiled sadly as she remembered their time together. Even though it seemed so short, she was grateful that she got to love Tara. She let her mind wander for a moment, remembering their first kiss, the first time she told Tara she loved her, the first time they made love. Willow brushed a tear from her eyes before continuing speaking.

"You showed me how to face the truth
Everything that's good in me I owe to you"


Willow closed her eyes as she whispered the last sentence. "Its always been true, Baby. You were the light that helped me see in the darkness. When I lost your light, I got so lost in the dark, that I couldn't find my way. I only got out because Xander lit a candle and helped me out." Willow felt her heart break as she remembered Tara laying dead in her arms, the hole in her chest.

"Though the distance that's between us
Now may seem to be too far
It will never separate us
Deep inside I know you are
Never gone, never far
In my heart is where you are"


Willow ran her hand over the stone again. "You'll always be in my heart baby. Because you are my heart. You always will be because you're my always." Willow brushed the tears that was falling down her cheek from her face.

"Always close, everyday
Every step along the way
Even though for now we've gotta say goodbye
I know you will be forever in my life
Never gone
No No No"


Willow felt a sob escape her lips. "You're never gone, Baby. I'll see you again someday, and then I'll pull you into my arms and never let you go again. I'm so sorry. So sorry, Baby." Willow whispered the words as more tears slid down her face.

"I walk alone these empty streets
There is not a second you're not here with me
The love you gave, the grace you've shown
Will always give me strength and be my cornerstone"


Willow rested her hands on the grass in front of her trying to hold herself together until she finished telling Tara what she needed to say.

"Somehow you found a way
To see the best I have in me"


"You always had faith in me, even when I didn't deserve it. You even somehow managed to believe in me again even after all the times I hurt you. I never deserved you, Baby, but somehow that didn't matter."

"As long as time goes on
I swear to you that you will be
Never gone, never far
In my heart is where you are
Always close
Everyday
Every step along the way
Even though for now we've gotta say goodbye
I know you will be forever in my life"


Forever, the one word caused Willow pain. "We were suppose to be forever," she whispered as more tears streamed down her face.

"Never gone from me
If there's one thing I believe
I will see you somewhere down the road again"


"I need to believe that, Baby. I need to know that we'll be together again one day, because I can't bare the thought of never seeing you again."

"Never gone, never far
In my heart is where you are
Always close
Everyday
Every step along the way
Even though for now we've gotta say goodbye
I know you will be forever in my life
Never gone, never far
In my heart is where you are
Always close, everyday
Every step along the way"


Willow brushed more tears from her cheek as she stood. "Always in my heart," she whispered, running her hand over the stone.

"Never gone, never far
In my heart is where you are"


As Willow whispered the last words, she turned and walked back to Xander, wondering if she'd ever be able to breath without her heart hurting again.