Clarity

Pancakes?

***Elena's P.O.V.***

"Um, so that guy who spilled his soda all over me? Yeah, he was attractive," Caity gushed as we made our way up to our apartment.

I laughed. "I'm sorry, did you see the guy I bumped into? He was pretty gorgeous, if I must say."

Caity shrugged. "Eh, he was ok. But, c'mon, the blonde hair and blue eyes? Total package," she said, shoving the key into the lock.

I followed her inside our apartment, throwing my sweater on the couch. Grabbing the remote, I kicked off my shoes and turned on the TV. Caity sat down on the chair across from and sighed. "What's on?"

I began to flip through the channels, adjusting the distance glasses I wore when I watched TV or a movie. "Um, baseball, more baseball, hockey, more hockey, even more hockey-" I read off, but Caity cut me off quickly.

"Dude, get out of the sports section and go to the movie section," she said, throwing the top to an Arizona at my face.

I flipped her off, but went to the movie section, anyway. "Ok, Fast and Furious 3, Scream, The Haunting in Connecticut, Hangover, Iron Man 2, Grown Ups, Miracle, The Breakfast Club, ok, you know what no more searching we're watching The Breakfast Club," I decided, pressing ok to the selected movie.

Caity's jaw dropped, her mouth wide open, staring at me as if I didn't let Ryan Gosling in our apartment. "What?" I asked.

"You skip Miracle for The Breakfast Club?" Caity cried.

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

She sighed. "Miracle is my second favorite movie! Haven't you seen it?"

"Of course I've seen it, but The Breakfast Club is better and we're watching it because we can't watch it whenever we want because I still have yet to buy it," I snapped quickly.

Caity groaned dramatically, but snapped back up when she realized the movie was actually just beginning. "Ok, but since The Breakfast Club is basically my third favorite movie I'll watch it."

When the movie ended, it was almost 1 in the morning, and since we both had to go to work at 9 in the morning, we decided to sleep. Caity and I both worked at Starbucks, since it basically combined our two favorite things; Starbucks and attractive guys.
It obviously wasn't the best job, but we got free coffee and got to see attractive guys, so it was definitely a win-win for us. And, guys always tipped cute baristas.

But most of the time, we liked the free frappucinos.

So, anyway, the next morning, our alarms went off at 7. Being girls, we needed the time to get ready. I got out of bed, and while Caity showered, I ate breakfast. I didn't shower for a reason, because showering everyday makes my hair irritating, and since I showered the morning before, I didn't need one today.

Caity was out of the shower in 15 minutes, her work clothes already on. It was about 7:30, and I was still in blue sweatpants and a black tank top. "What's for breakfast?" Caity asked.

I shrugged. "I was gonna go get ready, so if you wanna make anything, feel free." I stood up and walked towards my bedroom, Caity silently complaining as I left.

"I'm making pancakes, but don't be surprised if they're half-cooked or burnt," she called after me.

I shook my head, laughing to myself as I walked into my bedroom. Quickly pulling on my uniform, I brushed through my hair and pulled it up into a ponytail, which I braided soon after. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, then put on my makeup.

"Elena!" Caity shrieked from the kitchen.

I groaned, but followed the actual smell of pancakes inside. "Do you have food for me?"

Caity smirked, "Yes. And they aren't burnt so hurry up and eat. It's nice today, so we're gonna take the subway."

Yeah basic day for us.