Clarity

Starbucks and Familiar Faces

Bad thing about working at Starbucks?

It can be pretty slow.

So when it's quiet and empty, me, Caity, and whoever else is working with us on that day make ourselves frappuccinos. And then we go on Tumblr, Twitter, play a few round of Bejewled Blitz, then go on Tumblr again.

But, today, when a group of guys in their mid to early 20's walked in, my phone was gone. As was my vanilla bean frappuccino.

I quickly realized that the two guys that Caity and I had run-ins at the movies last night were in the pack of guys. I kicked Caity's shin to get her attention, and she followed my gaze to where the boys were.

"Are those the guys from last night?" she mouthed to me.

I nodded and walked off to the side as the blonde that spilled his drink on Caity walked up, and shoved Caity gently towards the register. She smiled as the boy recognized her, and her face turned pinker as they talked quietly.

The boy I had bumped into was talking to a guy a few inches taller than him, with orangish brown hair and big brown eyes. They both had sunglasses they must've been wearing tucked into the collar of their shirts, both of them in plain white T-shirts.

Must've planned it.

Caity turned towards me, her face a light shade of pink. She walked towards me to make the guy's drink, but stopped next to me. "His name is Carl, he remember's me, and I'm 99 percent positive I'm going to write my name and number on his cup because I feel really confident right now. Oh, and the guy who you bumped into is waiting to order, and you're going to take his order and be fabulous and write your name and number on his cup, too. Now, go!" Caity shoved me towards me the register, as I did with her before.

And, man, is this guy attractive.

***Michael's P.O.V.***

I stood at the register, watching as the two baristas spoke. The one who had taken Hags' order shoved the other forward towards me, and she sighed before looking up at me.

Her eyes were big and brown, and they were the same eyes I had seen last night. She gave me a small smile, and I returned it, my smile bigger and wider. "I remember you," I said to her.

Her cheeks flushed a light pink as she smiled again. "Really? I think I could say the same."

"Hey, I really am sorry about bumping into you," I told her.

She shook her head, her braided ponytail flying behind her visor. "It's not big deal. Seriously."

I nodded, "Ok, well, for starter's, I apologize for bumping into you last night. My name is Michael and I would like a regular coffee with enough room for milk. Oh, and you are?"

She giggled, looking back up to me. "Elena."

"That's a very nice name," I winked, handing her my money.

She nodded, taking my five dollar bill. "Keep the change," I told her, she looked up at me in surprise, but nodded and put away my money.

I walked over to Carl, where he was currently inspecting his coffee. "What are you doing?" I asked, taking a plastic stopper to chew on while I waited.

He thrusted the cup in my face, and I took it lightly to see a name and number written in swirly handwriting. I looked over at the register to see the girl that Carl spilled his soda on taking Staal's order. "Is that her number?"

He nodded, pulling his phone out immediately. "Yup. And I'm definitely using her number to my advantage."

I frowned. "Dude, I don't think she's gonna appreciate a booty call."

He shrugged, "You never know, man."

"Regular coffee," I heard Elena say.

I turned to see her pushing my coffee across the counter, a sleeve already around the middle. I took it from her, my fingers lightly brushing against hers. "Thanks," I smiled.

"No problem."

As Carl and I waited, I couldn't help but notice Elena had written her name as well, along with her number. "Dude," I nudged Carl with my shoulder. "Look."

Carl looked at me cup, a smirk spreading across his face. "How did we even get this?"

I shook my head, taking a sip of my coffee. "I have no idea, but I do know that if this even works out, they're in for a crazy schedule."

"You got that right," he said.

They have no idea.