Status: Give it a try?

Sleepless Nights

One of One

Diana sat in the kitchen with a cup of steaming hot coffee planted between the palms of her small hands, her eyes were dark and huge circles started to form under her eyes. She wanted sleep to take her over, but it didn’t. It was like the sleep didn’t like her, and it hadn’t liked her since November 9th, which was over six months ago, where her beloved best friend and her brother died in car crash.

The two had been to a party, but her best friend Martin insisted that he would drive home from the party, and promised her brother Levis that he wasn’t drunk, and that he was in the state to drive. He wasn’t in the state to drive. The two drove right into the side of a parked truck, and the airbag didn’t pop out, so they crashed their head into the front window, and both died at the place.

Today it was exactly six months since the crash, and exactly one month since Diana had a full night of sleep. Since the day, she had only slept for maximum two hours in one week. She’d mostly just tosh around in the bed, and in the end she would give up and go downstairs and watch some television, only to make sure that she wouldn’t wake up her boyfriend.

It was one month ago where the insomnia started, and it depressed Diana that she couldn’t sleep because she really wanted to sleep, and she missed lying in bed and having a full night sleep in her boyfriends arms. Her boyfriend was in a International traveling business man, and he was on trips a lot at the moment, so he just wished that his girlfriend could just lay down and sleep and cuddle with him when he were home from tour. Her boyfriend was Matt James.

Diana sipped on her coffee, and looked out of the window of her and Matt’s house in Sheffield, England. It was almost ten AM, and the sun was already shining on its fullest. She decided that she’d go shower and then wake up Matt.

Diana stepped into the bathroom, and quickly turned on the hot water, before she stripped down her pajamas and threw that and her underwear in the hamper. She looked in the mirror, only to see the huge bags forming under her eyes. She sighed sadly and stepped into the hot shower and began washing her body and hair. Her body felt numb, but every time she tried to sleep it never worked, and she’d just lay with her eyes open and tosh and turn in the bed. Matt would even try to lay his arm around her, to get her to calm down but it never worked.

When Diana had washed every inch of her body she stepped out of the shower and dried off, before she wrapped the towel loosely around her upper-body, so that it barely covered her ass. She went out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, where her lovely boyfriend was sound asleep. Going to the closet she quickly found some clothes to wear, and tossed it on her side of the bed before she closed the closet door again.

She put on her panties while still having the towel around her body, but when it was time for her to get on her bra she dropped the towel, and let it fall to the floor. She picked up her bra and quickly put it on, before she took her short and slipped them on. Just as she was about to put on her shirt, Matt stirred in bed and slowly his eyes opened and he looked at Diana with a small smile on her lips.

“Morning baby” he mumbled and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands.

“Morning sunshine” Diana said softly with a small smile in her face, before she put on her shirt.

“Awh why’d you do that” Matt pouted, which only made Diana giggle as she went to the bed, laid down next to Matt and placed a small but passionate kiss on his lips.

[img][/img]

The pair sat in the living room later that day. Matt had his arm safely around Diana, when he suddenly hurt her sniffle. He looked down at her with concern written all over his face, and just as she was about to whip her tears away, Matt stopped her arm and turned her around to face him.

“What is is sweetie?” he asked her softly and placed a hand on her cheek.

“I just want to sleep. Matty I just really want to sleep” Diana cried and threw herself into Matt’s arms, and he held her tight into his body.

“I know baby, I know” Matt said quietly and kissed her forehead.

“And I just miss Levis and Martin so much. I don’t even know what to do anymore, I mean it’s been six months, and I can still see the picture of them laying there lifeless, dried blood all over their faces and… … Matty can’t you just help me sleep? Help me forget this awful thing?” Diana continued while still crying in the crook of Matt’s neck.

“Schh baby, everything will be just alright. We’ll take you to the doctor tomorrow, and then we will find out what we can do about it, okay?” Matt whispered smoothly into Diana’s ear.

“I don’t even deserve you, you’re too good for me” Diana whispered, the tears were slowing down and her breath was becoming more and more normal and steady.

“Don’t say that baby. I will never leave you, and you know that” Matt said sternly.

[img][/img]

The next day Diana had only slept ten minutes, and she was still quite upset but her talk with Matt the night before had helped a lot on it. Diana and Matt had been to the doctors, and they immediately gave Diana some extra strong sleeping pills, in hope that she would be able to sleep. The doctors did warn the couple though, there was a chance that Diana would be sleeping for about two to three days straight, due to the lack of sleep she had.

The same night, the couple where cuddling in their bed just watching some movie, which neither of them paid attention to. Diana yawned loudly, “go to sleep baby, I’ll be here when you wake up again” Matt whispered softly, and kissed his girlfriend’s forehead.

And for the first time in one month, Diana had a full night of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best one-shot I've written, but give it a try? :)