How To...

How to wait for the phone to ring.

1. Stare at the phone.
Find a comfortable position and stare at it like you never stared at anything before.
The phone will spring to life, everything will turn blurry, your heart will start pounding and drop to your (heart) panties, you'll pick up and expect to hear his angelic voice and then it'll turn out it's actually your grandma.
Disappointed? Crushed? Get used to it, you're in the dating game.

2. Send mental messages to the guy.
He might be psychic and pick up on them and then you'd know for sure you're totally meant to be.
Or he could just ignore the mental nagging which is easier to avoid then dodging you in real life.

3. recall the good times.
It doesn't matter if you were together for one week or 6 years, every couple have their good times.
It's always more healthy to think about his cute smile and sparkly blue eyes and that time he vomited all over you and giggled then actually to carry on with your life and it'll guarantee to keep the bitter voices in your head fresh.

4. Make excuses.
Why didn't he call? You have the answer(s).
He was busy at work, his mom didn't pass the message, his phone drowned in the ocean, he failed the HTUTFP (how to use the fucking phone) exam therefore it's not his fault he's dumb, he's shy, he's tired, he's playing hard to get, he loves you but can't deal with the intense feeling you evoke in him, he's too busy applying for your marriage license, he's in a coma.
It doesn't matter that the guy is in perfect mental and physical health, make up every single excuse just to avoid the truth. He either doesn't want anything to do with you or he actually does have his reason. His male therefore don't even try to use logic reasons.

5. Doubt till you drop.
He doesn't call? It's been an hour or a week and still nothing? You're past stage 4 in this guide? Move to 5 and doubt yourself to sleep.
You're too fat, too shy, too sweet, too pretty, too bad, too stupid. It's all about you.
Fuck him, at this point he's got nothing to do with this relationship, it's all about you.
He doesn't actually want you or like you, he went out with you just cause he got bored, and hey poor chap, it's a long summer.
So after the excuses stop working (or making sense) look for fault in yourself. There's must be something in you that scared him away. You obviously did something wrong! Tsk tsk.

6. Be pissed.
That's the fun stage!
Hate his two timing (number 4 comes in handy) can't use a damn phone guts! Hope he rots in hell and then realise he missed the love of his life.
Make a voodoo doll, print out his picture and use it it for your hamster cage (poo on his forehead, Arty!), rip it to shreds or if you're a photoshop queen, stick his ugly mug on a sheep's body.

7. Three cheers for sweet revenge.
That's right, he didn't call, he thinks you're just a toy who will wait by the phone forever? Let's get him girls.
Next time out dress to kill. Put on your nicest outfit, put on make up and do your hair. Look your best and go out of your way to ignore him. Flirt with guys and make sure he sees it.
If this doesn't make him call at least you'll attract other guys who know how to use the phone.

8. Bitch to friends. That's what they're made for.
3 AM in the morning? In the middle of a hot date? Call your girlfriends anywhere and anytime to tell them about your new theory (But Alice, I just know he got hit by a bus. I can sense his pain! Its not his pain, it's the cramp you've got from sitting by the phone all day), tell them about the recent cute little things you remembered (Oh Alice, you should've seen his freckles, it's the cutest thing ever!)
It's also useful to see who your real friends are. True, Alice can get sick of your bitching but if she's a true friend, she won't leave you to dwell in misery all alone, she'll dwell with you.

9. Stalk him.
Just happen to show up at places he might be in. There's nothing wrong in saying hi to someone you haven't talked to for ages (keep the bitter tone out of your voice). Burst into tears in front of all his friends and call him a liar. There's nothing that'll keep your guy closer to you then an emotional scene.
If you know where his mom works, go there and offer help to pay the phone bill cause obviously that's why he didn't call, cause they didn't pay and there's no phone line in their entire mansion (good girl, you're effectively used number 4)
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I promised to do the MCR thing next but I didn't get enough items so I'm still working on that.

This one was written out of a bitter experience of the writer so don't take any of the mentioned above seriously, let alone use it.
It may be rewritten later so look out!

Again, advise and feedback would be nice!