This Is Not What It Is.

I

This is the first day of Kissing The Reaper Tour. It was my band, Kiss Of Death, Of Mice and Men, and Tonight Alive. Of Mice and Men are the head liners. I adjusted my beanie and slipped on my Toms. I looked at the ground as I walked off the bus. We were parked at the first venue. I was nervous about this tour. I walked around looking for a convenient store. I finally found one. I walked inside and bought an Arizona Green Tea. I paid and left. I saw the line of fans and they cheered when they saw me. I laughed and waved. I got back on to the bus and sat my ass on the couch in the front lounge. I opened my tea and started to drink it. I watched my band mates talk. I was zoning out the talking and watched them talk. I checked my phone, seeing I had a text from the tour manager.

Interview with Austin and Jenna outside the buses about tour at 4:30.

I checked the time. 4PM. I put my phone away, and got up.

"Where you going?" York, bass player, ask me.
"I have to go look presentable for an interview in 20," I mumble going into the bathroom.

I pull off my beanie and start straightening my hair. It was long and brunette. I groan at the frustration of my hair. I put my beanie back on. I look at my face then quickly wash it. I looked at the time. 4:25PM.

"Fuck!" I groan and grabbing my jean jacket.

I slip it on as I walk off the bus, looking for Jenna and Austin. Austin and Jenna were standing outside Austin's bus. I walk up to them.

"Hey," They say at the same time.
"Hi," I reply.

The interviewer got her questions and look over at us, as we start the interview.

"Introduce yourself to those who don't know you," she says.
"I'm Austin, I do lead yelling for Of Mice and Men," Austin says.
"I'm Jenna, I sing for Tonight Alive," Jenna says.
"I'm Phoenix, I do lead yelling for Kiss Of Death," I say casually.

The interviewer asked things about tour and fun things. I didn't care for that interview. I start to walk into the venue. We had to do sound check. They checked everything. I was hanging in the Kiss Of Death dressing room. Austin came in to hang out with us. He got along with everyone besides me.

"Phoenix?" Austin questions.
"Hm?" I answer.
"Your screaming is awesome. You have an amazing talent."
"Th-thank you."
"You are welcome. And you are cute."
"Shut up," I mumble as I stand up.

Our band was called to the stage . I did my vocal warm ups as we got on the stage and everyone cheered. I was having the time of my life, like you do playing a show. Our set ended and I thanked everyone for coming out and to enjoy the other bands. We walked off stage and went back to the dressing room, I instantly grabbed a water bottle, drinking most it. I needed tea tonight. I sat on the couch, looking at the ground. I ruffles my hair and sighed quietly. I was tired of being alone, but I wasn't going to open myself up to anyone. I didn't want to date anyone in the band. I'd date Jenna, I laughed at my thought. All of sudden, Austin came running through my head. 'You are cute.' I smiled unknowingly at that compliment.

"Why are you smiling?" Simon, the drummer, asks me.
"Can't I just smile?" I counter ask.
"We never see you smile!" Spencer, the lead guitarist comments.
"Is it Austin?" Elijah, the singer/other guitarist, ask in his singsong voice.
"Wh-what? NO! Austin is just a guy who will hurt me. I don't need a man in my life. The only guys i need are you four," I say, standing up.

I walked out and down towards the Of Mice and Men dressing room. I knock on the door three times. The door opens and I see the ginger princess.

"Hey, Phoenix right?" He says/asks.
"Hey Alan. Do you have any cigarettes with you?" I reply.
"Yeah," he pulls them out of his pocket and hands me one and hands me his lighter, "Return the lighter when you get back."
"Of course," I say, shoving the cigarette in my mouth.

I walked outside before I lit up the cigarette. Aaah the temporary stress taker awayer. I look down at his lighter, smiling at it. It had a cat on it and letters on the bottom spelling out 'Alan'. I took out my phone to call my mom. I removed the cigarette from my mouth.

"Hello?" My mom answers.
"Hey, mom."
"Hi, baby girl, how are you?"
"I'm good, just standing out the venue to get fresh air."
"That's good, baby. Let us know when you are in town. Someone misses you."
I froze up, praying it wasn't my ex boyfriend, "Yeah, I'll let you know. I miss you."
"I miss you."
"I have to go, there is a signing in a few minutes."
"Alright, go have fun being famous.
"I love you mom."
"I love you too, Phoenix."
"Bu-Bye."
"Bye."

I hung up. I quickly put the cigarette out and walked back inside. I knocked on the dressing room door for OMAM. Their tour manager opened it.

"Alan's lighter." I say as I hand it over.
"Thanks. I'll get it to him." He took the lighter.

I walked down the hall to our dressing room. I walked in and the guys were listening to Katy Perry. I laughed at them. I sat down on the seat I left.

"I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT! THE TASTE OF HER CHERRY CHAPSTICK." Elijah sings.

I laugh loudly at him. He gave me a look but I kept on laughing. I love these boys. They are seriously some of my favorite people in the world. I got up and walk to the door. The guys kept singing. I walked out of the dressing room and started walking down the hall. I walked outside. I stood out there and snuck onto the bus, grabbing my lighter and cigarettes. I walked back outside and lit up a cigarette. I usually only have one a day, but I get stressed the first day of tour. I put out my cigarette, after I finished it, and walked back into the venue. I saw OMAM walk down the hall from the stage. I smiled when I made eye contact with Austin. I caught Austin smiling as I walked back into the dressing room. The band helped the crew load everything back up and we all got on the bus. I laid down in my bunk. The guys were just going to drink. This is going to be a long tour.