This Is Not What It Is.

XIV

It's been two weeks since I left the Phoenix in Pennsylvania. I miss her. My gift to her is going to be amazing. I just have been talking to Tino all about it. Tino is behind me. He thinks it’s a good idea. I have been thinking about asking her. I’m in my house, well really in my backyard, relaxing on my lawn chair, and Tino laying down next to me.

“Do you honestly think it’s too soon to moving in with her? We've been together for 2 months, but I'm crazy about her,” I ask him.
“Well I mean, if you really think she’s the one, it won’t. If she is just a fling, it’s not even worth it,” Tino answers.
“I don’t know yet, I mean she saw me drunk flirting with some girl,” I say.
“Really? You guys went out and you got drunk?”
“Yeah, I was having fun. I mean she’s not even old enough to drink.”
“She’s 20? I thought she was maybe as old as Alan.”
“I really like her. I think she really likes me.”
“I think you should slip it into a normal conversation for like asking if you can stay for a month and see how that goes. It could be a trail run.”
“I don't know. What if it goes terrible?"
"Then you can wait about living with her."

The silence filled the air before Tino spoke again.

"Maybe you could get a condo there. Maybe in case things don't work one day and you cool off at the condo and come back," Tino says.
"That's not that bad of an idea," I say.
"We'd have a house to live in whilst we are Philidelphia," Tino also added.

I just nod and close my eyes. My phone buzzed next to me. Tino was relaxing in the lawn chair next to mine. I open my eyes as i look at my phone. One text message from Phoenix.

Hey Baby. I miss you. I love you. Skype me whenever you get the chance.
I sent a text back. I'm relaxing with Tino for a bit, then I'm pretty going to take a long nap. I'm exhausted. I love you too pretty girl. I miss you too.
My phone dings almost instantly. Tell TinoBear hi for me. I can't wait to see you in two weeks.

"She says Hi Tino," I say as I look at him.
"Tell her hi," Tino replies with.

I smile as I type my reply. Tino says Hi. I need to Skype you about something, but It can wait till the end of my nap.
I waited for her to reply, which happened a few seconds later. Oh really? Okay. Have a good nap TeddyBear.

I laugh as I read the message. I place my phone down. I lay down on my stomach. I place my arms down in front of me. I rest my head on my arms. I close my eyes. I slowly fall asleep.

/)•ZzZz•(\

I woke up in my bed. Thank God for Tino brining me and not leaving me out there to fry. I slowly got up and yawn quietly. I dragged myself to the kitchen. I go to the fridge. I pull out a bottle of water. I had a bit of a headache. I checked the time. 4:50 AM. Well, looks like I'm up for the rest of the day. I start to make myself coffee. I pour myself a cup once it is done. My house was lonely. I wonder when Phoenix is going to come down to visit me. I walk to my laptop and tap the mouse. The screen wakes up and I click on Skype. I see that Phoenix is online. I click video call. It rings. I rest my coffee cup next to the laptop. I walk away and turn on the light and sits back down in front of the screen.

"Hey baby," I say tiredly.
"I love you," She says.
"I love you too. Sorry, I didn't call you earlier. I took a long nap," I state as I start to take a sip of coffee.
"It's fine. What did you want to talk about?" She questions. Straight to the point with her
"So, Ummm, maybe I could stay with you for like a month....as a trail run, to see if we could....," I trailed off.
"Really?" She asks.
"Yeah. I want to," I answer.
"Yeah, I would love that. That sounds so amazing," She exclaims.
"Awesome, so, I go visit you in two weeks I'll bring a lot more stuff," I say.
"I love you so much Austin," She says.
"I love you so much too Phoenix," I say back.
"How was Tino?" She asks.
"He's good," I say.
"I have to go. I have to take Tux to the vet. Poor baby has allergies," Phoenix says with a smile spread on her lips.
"Okay, take Tux. Love you," I say.
"Love you too," She says.

She hangs up and the screen goes back to the chat page. I smile as I close the laptop. I drink the rest of my coffee. I yawn as I go to the bathroom. I take a shower. I get dress in shorts and my Slipknot shirt. I walk outside to my car. I get in my car and drive to in n out burger. I park my car and get out. I go in the burger joint and order my food. A pair of arms wrap themselves around me while I was standing in line.

"Hi," The voice spoke.
"Hi Alan. Fancy seeing you here," I say.
"I was too lazy to make lunch, so sue me," He says.
"I might sue you," I say in a singsong voice.

I get up to the cash register, order my food, and pay. Alan had deserted me to sit back down at his food. Once I got my food, I sat down across from Alan. We ate in a comfortable silence.

"Did you have fun at Phoenix's?" Alan asks.
"Yeah, I mean she doesn't drink since she's still 20, so no drunken fun or sex," I answer.
"Did you two have sex at all?" Alan questions.
"No...we made out heatedly but never did the deed," I reply.
"That sucks. Did you want to bone her?" He asks bluntly. I stayed quiet, "YOU DID?!?!"
"Of course, she's my girlfriend," I say.
"I could have the pants off of that girl in seconds," Alan mumbles.
"Watch it Ashby. Don't you dare steal her from under me," I say.
"Maybe, she's using you," The prick mutters.
"She is not," I state rather loudly.
"Relax dude. It's cute to know how much you care for her," Alan states.
"I hate you," I mumble.
"You do not. You love me," Alan says.
"Dammit, that's true," I say.
"A girl would never come in between us. I can see the way you two look at each other. It's love, like honest to god love. I'd be stupid to not say she's the one for you. I would never steal away your happiness from you," Alan lectures.

I never thought about that. I stayed quiet and Alan smiled. He realized that he was right. I come to the realization that she is in fact the one. I want to make her mine and call her Phoenix Carlile. Or is it Phoenix Ella Carlile. Is Ella her middle name. I take out my phone to compose this text before I forget.

Is Ella just your middle name or your last name?

I put my phone down and look at Alan.

"Love you Ashby," I mumble.
"I love you too Carlile," He says.

I laugh quietly and look down at my empty plate. I could have sworn I had some fries left.

"Did you eat the last few of my fries?"
"Maybe."
"Prick."
"Cunt."
"I hate you."
"No, you don't."
"I do."
"You don't."
"I do, I really do."
"Lies."
"I don't lie to you Assby."
"You did, twice."
"Come back to mine and entertain me."
"Entertain you?" His smirk appears.
"You fucking know what I mean..."
"Mario Kart?"
"Yes!"

Alan and I both get up. We throw away our trash. We go out to our car. Alan stas behind me all the way to my house. I park on my garage and Alan pulls into my driveway. We stumble inside the house. We went into my living room. I set up the game system. We started playing. Alan wasn't that good. So it was fun whooping his ass a lot. My phone ring and we paused. Phoenix.

"Yes baby?" I say as I answer.
"I...," she sniffled.
"Are you crying baby?" I ask.
"Yes," she squealed.
"Why?"
"I need a smoke and York....and I need you to cuddle. I need Ashkitten."
"Medicine, did you take it?" I ask. I look over at Alan who eyes were locked on me. I shrugged.
"I can't find them," She whines.
"Take deep breaths. Go to the kitchen. They are in the cabinet with all the teas. Get a glass of water and take your pills. Make yourself some tea. When you are making your tea get on Skype me and Alan will video call you."
"Okay....." She says quietly.

The line went dead and I look at her.
"She forgot her pills," I say filling Alan in.
"S-She's going to be okay?" Alan asks.
"Yeah, I hope so," I answer as I look through my phone. I compose a text to York.

She forgot her pills cause she couldn't find them. Please call her to make sure she's fine, and call Isabella to go see Phoenix if possible. I told her where her pills are.

A few moments later a reply. Thank you so much for filling me in. Usually she calls me first. So thank you.

I just smile as I read it. I grab my laptop and open it. I click on Skype. I saw Phoenix on. I click call. She answers with in seconds. Alan and I got in frame.

"BIRDY!" Alan says.
"KITTY!" She says. I laugh. "TEDDY BEAR!"
"Teddy Bear?" Alan questions.
"Do not tell the guys, I'll have to kick your ass Ashby," I state firmly.
"Okay Teddy Bear,” Alan says as he pinches my cheek.
"I love you Teddy Bear," She say.
“I love you too," my voice drops, "Honey Bee."
"Honey bee?" Alan says as he bites his lip to hold back a laugh.
"I can't wait to see you Austin," She says.
"I can't wait to go out there for a whole month. I've never really lived on the east coast," I answer.
"How come I'm not invited to this birthday Fest?" Alan asks.
"Alan you can come," She says.
"Did you get my text?" I ask out of the blue.
"Yeah, and yes it's my last name," She says.
"What's your middle name then?" Alan ask.
"I don't have one," She answers.
"Laaaaaaaame," Alan says.
"There is always one prick," I mumble.
"What is with you calling me prick all day?" Alan says.
I hear a laugh from the computer, "I said prick a lot when he was out here. He must have picked it up from me," Phoenix says.
"This guy is like craaaaaazy about you girl. Good for you," Alan says.
My cheeks flushed red, "I'm not...crazy about her. I love her cause she's my girlfriend."
"Awwwh baby," She coos.
"I hate you guys," I mumble.
"Lies," both Alan and Phoenix said to me.
"Hey, Alan, if Of Mice and Men broke up would you become a stripper?" Phoenix asks looking serious.
"Uhhh, yeah...wait. Do I get those cute shiney undergarments?" Alan asks. I just chuckle.
"Yes," She says.
"Yes," He says.
"Oh my god," I comment.
"Would you be a hitman, Teddy Bear?" She asks.
"No, never! Why?" I ask.
"Fan fiction reasons," She says.
"Be a hitman Aus, I'll be a stripper. We will be a team. I can scope out your enemies as I give them a lap dance and report to you and you can kill them," Alan says.
"You are rediculous...fine," I answer.
"I'm a gay stripper right?" Alan asks Phoenix.
"Yeah, of course," Phoenix answer.
"Did Isabella ever come?" I ask.
"Not yet..." Phoenix starts.
"Isabella?" Alan pipes up.
"She's taken," Phoenix and I both say.
"Of course," Alan mumbles.
"But she'd adore your gingerness. She loves gingers even though she's not dating one," Phoenix says.
"I love you," I say.
"I love you too," She says back, "well I'm going to lay down, I've had a long day."
"Okay, good night babe," I say.
"good night Birdy," Alan says.
"Good night loves," she says.

We hang up and look at each.

"I should get going," Alan says.
"Good night Ashby," I say.
"Night Aus," He says.

I watch Alan leave before getting ready for bed myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to do the Alan thing. I like arguing and it made Austin realize she's the One. How did you like Austin's POV? Maybe like a few more of Austin's POVs sound good? I have a good plan in my head for the future.