This Is Not What It Is.

XIX

Arriving in Los Angeles, I am tired as shit. Austin got our bags. Austin had texted Tino to come pick us before we took off. We are waiting outside. I am snuggled into Austin’s side. Soon a car pull in front of us. A smiling Tino pops out of the car and so does a very pretty Abigail. I let go of Austin and go hug Abigail. She looked so pretty and I have half ass make up and stupid shorts and shirt. We get our bags in the back of Tino’s car. Austin called shotgun. Tino and him high-fives.

“This is my life,” Abigail says as she lets out a small laugh.
“Can’t wait for this to be my life,” I say back to her with a small laugh.

We all get in the car. Tino and Austin blast Slipknot all the way Austin’s house. Abigail and I just made small talk. The guys obviously forgot we were back here and closer to the car speakers. We get to Austin’s house.

“Casa de Carlile,” Tino says as he pulls up into the empty drive way. Austin had a garage, that clearly his car was in.
“Looks nice,” I say.
“It’s no five thousand bedroom two story ranch with millions of acres of land,” Austin says.
“Sometimes simple is nicer,” I say, “It gets lonely.”
“Why is your house so big?” Tino asks.
“Because I have a recording studio in it and rooms for every member who does recording with me,” I answer with a small laugh.
“Sounds lovely,” Abigail says with a small smile.
“I take care of my boys, and sometimes girls,” I comment.

We all get out. Tino took all the bags and Austin unlocked his house. Abigail and I stayed outside. I told her after the boys got ahead of us that I was nervous about this week. I took out my phone to send a tweet to calm my nerve.
@PhoeEllaDeath: Hello Beautiful LA. Hello Beautiful People. I am here to fuck shit up.

We walk in after I slide my phone into my carry on bag that was still around me. Abigail and I were making small talk once we walked in.

“Welcome to your new home baby for the week,” Austin says and takes my hand.
“See you later right?” Tino says with a smile.
“Of course, we’ll get beers and catch up,” Austin answers.
“I’ll be staying here, I guess,” I say quietly.
“Bye guys,” Abigail says with a smile.
“Bye,” Austin and I say at the same time.

Abigail and Tino share a quick kiss then they leave. Austin automatically shows me around. First was the living room, he explains that this was mostly used for is entertainment purposes. Then it was the kitchen then the dining room. He explains that we doesn’t really eat in there unless his dad was over. He then shows him to his room, saying that it’s technically our room, unless I want to sleep in the guest room. I told him I was going to sleep in ‘our’ room, whether he likes it or not. This earned a smile. He shows the bathroom and the linen closet. He also says there’s another bathroom that’s down the hall. He shows me his little loft area, it’s set up for like movies and video games. His N64 sitting there out in the open. I shake my head at his childishness. It was amazing to think this is going to be my home for the next week. I love him so this must work. I was scared shitless, because I mean he is here for a doctors appointment. I hope he doesn’t mind me being here. He pulls me outside to his little patio. It over looks the ocean. Damn, this is so amazing. Only thing is, is that I would never give up my ranch home for this. My heart belonged on the east coast but his on the west coast. We end up back in the bedroom and we unpack. Well, I unpack after Austin clears out a few drawers for me. We end up snuggling in bed.

“Aus?” I ask quietly.
“Yes love?” He answers.
“Would you move out to the East Coast for me?” I question, “Like don’t get me wrong California is beautiful, but, I can’t see myself living here, ever.”
“I don’t know. I can’t see myself living anywhere but here,” Austin says.
“What are we going to do? I mean eventually we’ll move in together. I can’t just abandoned everything I built in Pennsylvania. I love you so much, but…” I start.
“Whoa, cool it babe. Listen we’ll just do these commutes and when one of us is on tour the other will stay in their assorted coast. Yeah, it’ll be rough, but…we’ll make this work. I love you too much to make this not work. Alright?”
“Okay…you should get ready, you’re going out with Tino in a few.”
“Come with?”
“I don’t want to drink.”
“I didn’t say you had to drink, just come along. I know Alan will be there. The guys will be there with their girlfriends.”
“Okay, fine. I am going to get changed.”

I get up and pull out a nice shirt and some skinny jeans. I’ll admit I brought way more than a week worth of clothes. I slip on my shoes and shove my phone and wallet into my pocket. Austin gets ready as I decide curl my hair.

“Alan is going to swing by to pick us up,” Austin says with a smile.
I smile at the thought of seeing my ginger bestie, “Awesome, Shot gun…by the way.”
“Why do you get shot gun?” Austin asks.
“Alan is my gingy bestie and I called it so,” I say with a triumphant smile on my face.
“Okay, okay, fine.” Austin gives in.

Soon or later, Alan finally knocks. I answer the door and we both embrace in a tight hug screaming “KITTY!” and “BIRDIE!” Austin stands and watch us, shaking his head. Alan and I finally let go. We get in the car and get to the bar, well its more of a restaurant-y bar. All the guys got beers and the girls got girly drinks. The guys are standing around the bar, talking.

“So how are things with Austin?” Anouk asks me.
“It’s pretty great. We have a bit of an issue I guess,” I answer with a small nod.
“What the issue doll?” Abigail asks.
“Well, I live in Pennsylvania and Austin lives out here. I don’t see myself living out here. He can’t see himself living in Pennsylvania. One day I would love to live with him. It just blows that I honestly can’t see this relationship going any further,” I say as I take a sip of my grasshopper drink. I’m enjoying the mint.
“Doll, it’ll be okay. Don’t worry. I believe that you two have a strong relationship. Y’all will work it off,” Anouk says with a smile.
“You guys can do it, you guys did the a month before he went to visit you. You guys will be fine,” Abigail says.
“But, I don’t know,” I say with a small sigh.
“Positive babe,” Anouk and Abigail both say at the same time.

Austin walks over, “Babe, I love you.” He kisses my cheek.
“I love you too,” I say as I lean over and kiss his cheek back.

He walks back over to the guys. His breathe reeked a small amount like alcohol.

“What’s that about?” Abigail asks.
“Uh..I’m not sure. He probably feels bad for dragging me out here, when he knows that I hate him getting drunk,” I say with a small smile.
“At least he cares,” Anouk says with a smile.
“We need to talk about the living thing though. He suggests that we keep our houses and just go back and forth,” I say.
“Well, baby, that might be the best thing,” Anouk says.
“Just cool out baby girl, just know that he’s obviously staying around for a long time,” Abigail says.

We went back to drinking. It’s been a long night of the guys drinking. I am a light weight so i feel too tipsy to drive us home. I guess we’re all taking a cab home.
♠ ♠ ♠
This might be bit short, but I need to update and this chapter is going no where.