Clarity

Open Heart

A string of guilt washed over her as she stared at the ivory walls that she memorized by heart. The deep warmth that she always felt when she entered his home soon vanished. The emotions she was feeling were unsettling, gnawing on her bottom lip she tried to figure out why she felt the way she did.

“Xianghua.” The way Benedict’s voice naturally rolled her name off his tongue was electrifying.

A small shiver crawled down her spine as her eyes focused on the wall ahead of her refusing to let him see her this way. When she heard his footsteps echo, her voice immediately stopped him.

“Please, don’t…come any closer.” Her voice broke by the end. Her vision started to blur from the distraught emotions that were erupting from her. She licked her lips, Xianghua tried to bottle up her emotions as quickly as possible. “You shouldn’t see me like this. You’re my employer.”

Xianghua naturally jumped when she felt his cool skin clasp onto her arms as if he was holding her up. His presence was vivid; he easily towered over her small five foot two stature. “You were my friend first.”

Tears slipped from her eyes when she felt his lips touch the crown of her head. “I’ll always be here for you. No matter what.”

Her hands shockingly took his, squeezing her eyes harshly more tears rolled down her innocent cheeks as she mumbled her thanks in her native tongue.

Benedict stood behind her as that moral support system that she always needed despite knowing that he was the source of her heartache. He has known for a while that his trusty little assistant indeed had feelings for him and he truly felt gutted that he didn’t feel the same way.

Pressing his forehead onto the back of her head, he closed his eyes wishing that her heart would be relieved from the hurt and actually find the happiness he is still trying to find. Even though he expected Xianghua to leave after learning the harsh revelation that he didn’t return her feelings, she stayed.

Tears were being shed, but he knew that she was staying. Her body melted into his when he touched her. He should be thanking her; for putting up with his nonsense and actually being the better person out of the both of them.

“No, thank you. Xian.” The little endearing nickname elating the poor woman’s heart and she knew that he wasn’t going to hold it against her like she assumed he would. Instead, he embraced her and still accepted her. That was all she wanted; was to be near him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really excited for this story. I have so many ideas swirling through my head during my travels. I still am going to travel a lot more, but hopefully I will update as frequently as I can with all my stories. Please provide feedback :)

P.S. how you pronounce Xianghua is SHUNG-gwa. Hope that helps