Status: HIATUS

Help Me Remember

Ch.7

I was awoken out of my peaceful sleep by an obnoxious phone. I rolled away from the warmth and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked groggily

"Hey there Candy," The person said with a cheery voice.

Knoxville... I thought with a sigh.

"What do you need Johnny?"

"Your soon to be husband's been trying to get ahold of you because he was starting to get worried."

I heard the phone being handed over and Jeff's voice came through the receiver.

"Are you ok Candy?"

"I'm fine Jeff. I just crashed at the hotel because I didn't want to wake you."

I felt Zak shift next to me so I got up and headed out of his room.

"Alright. How was the investigation?"

"It was...um... a little weird."

I heard Zak's door open so I stopped because I knew he would want to talk to me.

"Jeff. I'm going to have to let you go, the guys are holding a meeting before I come by the office."

"Ok, I'll see you when you get here. Love you."

"Love you too," I said and hung up.

I turned around and Zak was right there.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Candy. I think it would be best if you stayed here in L.A for a couple of days."

"Why?" I asked looking at him confused.

"because the special group investigation we're doing is going to be dangerous."

"Zak, I'm part of the team. I'm going to go wether it's dangerous or safe. Did you forget that you're the one that hired me to be a part of this team? And because I'm part of the team I'm going," I said sternly while crossing my arms over my chest.

Zak sighed and said, "Fine."

I dropped my arms to my side and blinked a few times.

Zak's not going to put up a fight?

"What?"

"You're right Candy. You're a part of the team and I shouldn't be telling you wether to go or not, it's up to you. I'm just trying to keep you safe. But if you do want to come along...You might want to brush up on your history on Bobby Mackey's," Zak said and went back to his room.

Bobby Mackey's?!

I knew what Bobby Mackey's was from watching the episodes, this place was no freaking joke. You had to be a professional investigator for this place or you'll end up getting hurt by the unseen forces that reside there. I slowly made my way out of the hotel and to Jeff's production office.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

I made it inside the office and heard Johnny.

"Well look at what the cat dragged in..." He looked at me then said, "You look like hell."

"Thank you," I said sarcastically, "I feel like it too," I finished and flopped on the couch with a long sigh.

"The investigation that bad?" Jeff asked coming over and sitting next to me.

"Bad? No. Weird? Yes. A lot of weird things happened last night, including a minor possession."

"possession? It wasn't you was it?" Jeff asked with a hint of worry.

"No. It was Zak. He was fine throughout the séance that they did but once that was over things started changing."

"Like what?" Johnny asked sitting on the couch across from me and Jeff.

"I can't tell you guys much more. It's part of the contract."

"It's only me and Knoxville. Nobody else is going to hear it."

I thought for a second then said, "Both of you promise not to tell anyone?"

They nodded and I began.

"Well first off I didn't participate in the séance, I stayed in our base room..."

"Base room?" Johnny asked confused.

"In the paranormal field you have one room that has all your monitors and equipment. It's called your base or command center, which ever one you prefer. Anyway...I was in the base room watching the séance and the group kept hearing a little girl. When that was over we started investigating the hot spots."

Johnny was about to ask another question but I beat him to it.

"A hot spot is where the most paranormal activity is. I went back to the base after awhile and Zak decided to go to one of the other floors by himself. When he showed up on one of the stationary cameras he didn't look like himself. Me and Nick went to search for him and we couldn't find him for about 20 minutes. When we finally found him he wanted to stay in one of the rooms but there was a bad feeling in there so me and Nick pulled him out of the room."

"Is he ok?" Jeff asked.

"He's pretty tired from last night, other than that he's fine."

"So where are you guys headed next?" Jeff asked.

"We're actually going to have a ghost hunting session with about 20 people at a place called Bobby Mackey's."

"Where's that at?" Johnny asked.

"I think it's in Wilder, Kentucky," I said.

"Can we come?" Johnny asked.

"Knoxville," Jeff groaned with annoyance.

"I would love for you two to go but there's no more tickets."

"Oh. How much were the tickets?" Johnny asked.

"Well for regular ghost hunting $50. For dinner, Q and A, and ghost hunting $150.00."

"Damn. That's a lot," Jeff said.

"I know. It's not us making the prices though, it's our manager who does it."

"Hope you guys catch something," Knoxville said then pulled out his phone, "I gotta go. I told my daughter I'd be at her volleyball game."

"Hope you fall down the bleachers. That would be good footage," Jeff said laughing.

I smacked him lightly in the chest and said,

"Jeff that's not nice."

"It might not be nice Candy but Jeff's got a good point."

I just rolled my eyes.

Can these two go for one day without hurting themselves or others?

Once Johnny left Jeff said,

"Candy. We need to talk."

My heart rate picked up from that sentence. That 'We need to talk' is every girls last dream of hearing.

"Sure. What's going on?" I asked while trying to keep my nervousness down.

"Well we're going to have to put the wedding off."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

Is he getting cold feet?

"MTV booked the crew to head to England. Come to find out they head this booked in months in advanced without telling me."

"They really know how to ruin things don't they?"

"I'm sorry Candy," he said then kissed me.

"It's alright."

I then thought of something and asked,

"When are you guys going to England?"

"I can't say. It's part of the contract I signed," He said smirking and mocking me from earlier.

"Jeff. C'mon."

"Fine," He sighed, "In a week. Why are you asking?"

"Well me and the guys are headed over there to investigate. And I was thinking why don't we just get married there?"

Jeff thought about it for a few minutes then said,

"I like that idea."

"Alright. Jeff can you do me a favor?"

"What's that?"

"When we do get married... Don't let your crew ruin the big day."

"I'll try but I'm not making any promises."

"Trying's better than not."

Then my phone vibrated so I pulled it out to look at it. I put it back in my pocket and looked at Jeff.

"It's time for me to head to the airport."

"Already?"

"Mmm Hmm. I've got to go and get my stuff and head that way."

"Instead of doing that...How 'bout you get your stuff, drop the rental off, and I'll take you to the airport?" Jeff offered.

"Sure."

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

We made it to LAX with me having ten extra minutes.

"I hope the investigation goes well."

"So do I," I said and looked down at the shirt I was wearing.

I had on one of many Jackass shirts that Jeff had. It was the one that was black with the skull and crutches. It was a little big but who cares? I was going to get on a plane to head to Kentucky. By the time we get to our destination it'll be the end of dinner time, going into relaxation time or bed time. I looked up and saw Nick at the entrance of the airport.

"Looks like it's time for me to go."

"Alright Candy," Jeff said kissing me, "Call or text when you've made it to the hotel safely."

"Don't worry. I will," I said then gave him one more kiss before exiting his car.

"There's Candy," Nick said smiling.

"Hi Nick. Are the others inside?"

"Yeah. They've already been through security."

We headed inside and went through the security. Once that was over I sat down next to Aaron, which he hand his phone in one hand and a Starbucks in the other. I heard a noises coming from his phone so I leaned over to see what it was.

"What'cha playin'?"

"Candy Crush. You wanna play?"

"Sure. But I don't know how to play."

Once Aaron had completed the level he was on, he handed me the phone.

"You've never played Candy Crush?" He asked disbelieving.

I nodded my head and he shook his head.

"Candy. You've been missing out."

Billy sat down next to me and said,

"When did you get here?"

"I don't know. Probably 15 minutes ago."

"Billy. Did you know that Candy's never played Candy Crush?"

Billy looked at me shocked.

"What?" I asked looking at them, "I'm sorry that I don't play games like you guys," I said sarcastically.

"Don't worry, we'll show you how to play," Aaron said with his goofy grin.

Within a few tries I finally got the hang of the game. They told me to be careful, it's addicting. I didn't believe them until Aaron had to take his phone away from me so we wouldn't be late for our flight. Aaron was sitting in the front on the left side, Nick was in the front on the right side, Billy was in the back in the middle aisle, and I was stuck with Zak in the middle of the middle aisle. The plane made it's departure from LAX and I tried to relax.

"Are you nervous about the place Candy?"

I looked at Zak, boy he had beautiful eyes.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not nervous...I'm terrified."

Zak pulled me into a protective embrace and whispered in my hair.

"I won't let anything happen to you Candy. I promise."

"How?" I mumbled.

He didn't know how to answer that. He knew for a fact that it's hard enough to protect himself from negative spirits but as of right now they only thing he cared about was keeping Candy safe.

"I just won't," He said, finally answering my question.

Candy smiled a little and for some reason she snuggled her head into Zak's shoulder. Before to long she felt his head laying on hers lightly. His breathing was at a slow and steady rate. So she closed her eyes and fell asleep with him.