‹ Prequel: Everything Has Changed
Status: Updates may be slow, sorry!

All Kinds of Time

2

They dropped the boys off at Donna’s on the Friday evening and then went out to dinner.

“I love them.” Gerard smiled as they sat down at their table. “They’re just...”

“Tiring.” Frank laughed, accepting two menus from the waiter and passing one to Gerard. Gerard grinned at him.

“Exactly.” Gerard smiled, putting his hand on the table. Frank reached over to squeeze it and they smiled at each other. “It’s - what did we even talk about before we had kids?”

“I don’t know. What did we do with all the spare time we had?” Frank asked. Gerard snorted.

“We slept.” He laughed. They ordered a bottle of wine and settled into conversation about Frank’s work.

“Oh yeah, that’s why I meant to tell you when you got back!” Gerard exclaimed. “Grant’s invited us to Scotland in a few weeks, the children too!”

“Oh wow.” Frank agreed. “Hopefully they’ll be better on the plane than the time we tried to take them to Florida.”

“That was a wild shot, to be fair.” Gerard smiled. “They were never going to remember it anyway.”

“At least in Scotland we’ll be able to let them loose outside. When you’re done talking comics with Grant.” Frank said with a smirk. Gerard looked at him witheringly.

“You are just as bad. At least when I do it, half of its business. You’re just a loser.” Gerard pointed out. Frank raised his eyebrows.

“I’m a loser?” Frank questioned, looking pointedly at Gerard. Gerard laughed and grinned at him.

“Loser on business.” Gerard corrected. “Anyway, I have the date somewhere at home, so if you can you can take some time off work.”

“Like I’m going to miss it.” Frank scoffed. “I’ll delegate. It’s a sign of good management.”

Gerard smiled and laughed. “Good sign of laziness, you mean.”

“It’s like you don’t want me to come.” Frank teased. Gerard smiled at him and leaned over the table to kiss him.

“Feels like we haven’t been alone in ages.” He murmured, stroking Frank’s cheek softly. Frank kissed the palm of his hand quickly.

“Can’t wait for later on.” Frank murmured, reading a hand up to his cheek and lacing their fingers together.

“Neither can I.” Gerard admitted.

“Sorry, would you like to order now or should I come back in a minute?” The waiter asked, shifting from foot to foot beside them.

“Yeah, we’d like to order.” Frank chuckled, and they broke apart while they ordered.

*

They stumbled through the front door at half ten and Frank pushed Gerard up against the wall, kicking the door hard firmly and kissing him roughly. Gerard wrapped his arms around Frank’s neck and pulled Frank closer to him. Frank pulled away to kiss down Gerard’s neck frantically, nipping at the skin and scraping his teeth along Gerard’s collarbone. Gerard moaned and his knees buckled, the only thing keeping him up being the thigh that Frank had shoved in between his legs. Gerard rested his head on the wall and let out a deep, contented sigh as Frank began sucking on his neck.

“I love you, Frank.” Gerard gasped, moving his hands to run them up Frank’s chest underneath his shirt.

“I love you too, Baby, so much.” Frank moaned, pulling at Gerard’s clothes. They struggled out of their clothes, moving no further through the house than to the living room, where they collapsed on the couch in a mess of limbs.

“Feels like forever since-” Gerard broke off as they returned to making out messily on the couch.

“Yeah.” Frank groaned, unbuttoning his shirt and throwing it over the couch and then unbuttoning Gerard’s, trying to untwist the sleeves from Gerard’s arms. “You think we can make it to the bedroom?”

“We can try.” Gerard panted, waiting for Frank to get off his chest before he could get up. As they pulled each other towards the bedroom, Gerard paused by the bathroom.

“Wait we just-”

“No we don’t.” Frank murmured against Gerard’s neck, mouthing at it. “We don’t need anything, just you and me and preferably a bed, though right now I’m willing to do you up against this wall.”

“So romantic.” Gerard gasped as Frank pinned him up against the wall.

“Don’t you know it.” Frank muttered, dragging his teeth along Gerard’s jawline. “Bedroom. Bed.”

“Yeah.” Gerard breathed, pulling Frank through the bedroom door and on top of him as he fell backwards onto the bed. “Feels like forever since we last did this.”

Frank unbuttoned Gerard’s pants and shoved them down his legs roughly, kissing his inner thighs softly.

“Love you. Want you. Need you.” Gerard breathed, pulling Frank up and kissing him slowly.

*

Frank woke up the next morning with an arm slung around Gerard’s hips and his mouth pressed open against the back of Gerard’s neck. He kissed Gerard’s neck gently and felt Gerard stir.

“Hey.” Gerard murmured, turning over to face Frank. “I’m in, like, twelve different kinds of pain.”

Frank chuckled. “Sorry about that.”

“You should be. Totally your fault.” Gerard smiled, stroking Frank’s jaw. Frank ducked in quickly to place a kiss on the tip of Gerard’s nose.

“And I am extremely, extremely sorry.” Frank replied. “But...have to say, I’m not all that remorseful.”

“Neither am I.” Gerard smiled, dragging his hand down to rest it on Frank’s chest.

“When are we going round to your mom’s?” Frank asked, kissing the side of his mouth.

“Not until lunch...we have hours yet.” Gerard smiled, getting up to swing a leg over Frank’s hips, bracketing his upper body with his thighs. Frank smirked and pulled him down to kiss him deeply, holding Gerard’s sides firmly as they kissed.