Status: Writing

You Know That I'm Right.

Serena - You can have me so easily

I walked into the cafeteria with Blake at my side. Several people said hi to me and her as we stood in line and I obviously cheerfully replied the same, Blake however didn't. We picked out our food and sat down by some of our other friends.

As we were sitting and talking about Jenny's latest boyfriend I glanced around the room and my eyes landed on Nick, my ex-boyfriend. He was sitting with the new boy who everybody had been talking about today. Nick suddenly met my eyes and smiled towards me, it felt so good that we were still friendly with each other even after our beak up. I wish things hadn't ended sometimes, he was and still is the sweetest guy ever and he was the only guy who had made me feel on top of the world. I raised my hand and waved at him and smiled back. Everyone at our table stopped talking and looked at me then Nick, discreetly thought.
"I didn't know you were on friend level" Ashley spoke up and raised an eyebrow. I knew she had always had a thing for Nick and disliked that we had a relationship in anyway. Blake met my eyes and smiled warmly towards me. She knew everything that you could possibly know about me and she always supported me.
"Yeah we didn't have a break up fight we just both decided to end things and we're friends, no big deal" I said and broke my eye contact with Nick an smiled towards my lunch company.

School ended faster than it used to it felt like. I walked to my car alone, Blake had told me she had plans after school. I never pressured her to tell her every little detail since I knew how private she was even if she mostly did tell me everything. I started my car and drove home with the radio playing softly in the background. Humming along quietly I was reflecting over the day. Days like these when I have to drive home alone without company made me miss Nick and my other ex-boyfriends a lot, I know it's crazy and also horrible but I couldn't help myself. I was a person who often found herself feeling alone and I hated it.

When I got home I locked up the double doors and stepped inside my house, or maybe mansion you should say. The shoes ended up in the hall and I went up to my room, two stairs up. There were only one room that was on the third floor, my bedroom. It wasn't massive but it was indeed large and with a own balcony as well. I threw myself on the king sized bed and closed my eyes. After ten minutes I had started to drift into a peaceful sleep when my phone vibrated on my bedside table. I sighed and sat up, looked at the display and smiled.
"Hi Blake I thought you had plans" I said an laid back down on my back with my free hand under my head.
"Well those plans changed, can you pick me up at school and… can I sleep at your place? Mom and I had a fight last night and I would rather not see her right now" I could hear Blake's sadness all the way though the phone.
"Of course you're always welcome to stay here you know that"
She sighed and laughed lightly, letting me know she was alright. "Yeah I know that just making sure"
"I'll come right away, sit tight, look at boys in the meanwhile"
"Shut up" she muttered and I laughed as she hung up.
I skipped down the stairs and then got in my car heading to school again. On the way I was wondering what could have changed Blake's plans but decided to ignore it, if I was meant to know it she would tell me.

As I reached the school I couldn't see Blake waiting anywhere the parking lot. I checked my phone again and saw she had texted me to meat me at the football field. I shrugged my shoulders and walked towards the field. I did tell her to look at boys after all, and the first day was always the try outs for the football team. But the seniors usually already had a place there if they wanted one and only the youngest tried out now. But I wouldn't judge her for looking at younger boys, and also the older ones were there of course. My mind always wandered away until I was lost and forgot what I was originally thinking about. I saw Blake sitting up at the bleachers on the top row with a book in her lap, but her eyes were fixed on the field and the players. I think she might have a crush on one in the football team, she's always exited for a game but never watches the sport on TV so I have my suspicions. I won't pressure her as stated earlier. I waved to some in the team who I knew and they excitedly waved back. I looked up to Blake put she was looking down in her book ignoring the team suddenly. I sighed and walked up to her.
"Everybody knows who you are as well, you're not invisible. Most of the guys in the team thinks you're smashing hot" I said as I sat down and laughed at my friends red cheeks.
"Fuck off Serena" she laughed thought so I know she wasn't mad, and I knew she loved when I said comments like that. But it was true thought. Many of the boys in school had crushes on Blake, she just refused to realize it. She is so gorgeous but she's too insecure to see it and it breaks my heart, that's why I compliment her as much as I can, she needs it. She doesn't get anything like that from home, not since her dad died. It's just her and Mrs. Ashworth now. I've never tried to talk to Blake about it, I know I can't. It wouldn't work the way she'd want to and it would only pour salt in her wounds.
Blake noticed I was lost in my thoughts again.
"Hey beauty queen stuck in her day dreams, let's go home and watch some movies and eat like, fruit salad or something"
"Health freak" We laughed and walked down the bleachers. I walked behind Blake and tried to figure out who she might like in the team. I wanted the best for her and I hadn't seen her truly happy in a long time. I know a boyfriend won't magically make her that but it will be a bit on the way hopefully. We were almost down the bleacher when I followed her eyes to where they had been for a few seconds. But I couldn't tell who she was looking at.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, thank you for reading.