Status: Writing

You Know That I'm Right.

Nick - Friends like friends

It's been two weeks since school started and it was currently Sunday. I was playing video games with Alec at my house.
"No don't fucking jump-kill me you ass" Alec shouted and I laughed at the fact he was the worst loser I've ever met, even worse than Blake. She had even thrown the controller so hard on the ground it broke in two once after she lost. She then said sorry about twenty times and bought me two new ones. I laughed lightly at the memory and Alec looked over at me.
"My rage isn't that funny you know" He muttered and laughed a little.
"Oh I was jus laughing at a memory"
"What memory resembles my bad temper?"
"My friend Blake is almost as competitive as you, you know what she might be even worse"
"I'd pay to see that"
"Come to the next soccer game and you'll see for yourself"
"Wait is this Blake Ashworth you're talking about?" Alec dropped his controller in his lap and looked over at me eyebrows raised, then realized and tried to hide it.
"Yeah Serena and I, her best friend, dated for quite a while and we became friends, and I knew her a while before too." I said and smirked. "Why you wondering?"
"No reason, I want a rematch now come on." He picked up his controller again and went to the menu of the game to change character.
"You like her?"
"I've been here for a moth dude, calm down." he scratched his neck and I saw he was blushing.
"Oh yeah, they why are you blushing?"
"Fuck you, alright she's really really cute. She sits next to me in creative writing and the table in front of me in lab."
"Oh la la." a pillow came towards my face and Alec hit my arm.
"Shut up."
"She lives just up the street you know."
"What? Don't tell me shit like that!" he was staring at me then the window. I couldn't hold back my laugh at his clear affection towards Blake. "Now I can't do anything while knowing she's close. Thanks man."
"You're welcome, don't be such a creep and you'll be fine."
"Again, fuck you."

After Alec had walked home to his aunt I was left alone in the house. I was about to watch a movie when I saw the two picture frames on my dresser. Why hadn't I gotten rid of those? Serena's blonde hair was visible from the other side of the room. Just like her entire essence would be if she was in the room herself. It was about six months since we broke up but I still had her hanging over me like a dark cloud. The top draw was almost empty and I quickly put the photos there so I wouldn't think about her. But I couldn't let her go. She had ben my first girlfriend who I'd actually liked a lot. Before it had only been because everybody else had girlfriends and boyfriends. Group pressure and a few girls who wanted nothing more but to call themselves my girlfriend for some reason hadn't helped my resistance for relationships without feelings. Virginities were thrown all over the school and even there I had let go of my opinion. All until Serena waltzed her way to me after a game and since then the roles switched and I was wrapped around her finger. Her ability to lure anyone into her charm was incredible. She was a good person and always nice and polite, that was the final trap and the key was thrown into the ocean to never be found. She didn't even realize it at times. She knew she was beautiful, she knew boys loved her and knew how much everyone adored her but she never used it. It was always there but never had it ever gone to her head. This wasn't a high school movie where the Queen Bee was a bitchy witch, she was nice to everyone and it would always be like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've soon posted all the chapters I've written so far. It might take longer before a few others comes out but so far there aren't many readers. Hopefully there will be more soon but so far, enjoy the few who do!
Thank you again for reading, please leave a comment on your favorite part of the chapter!