Status: Writing

You Know That I'm Right.

Serena - Lonely days can't be here

I woke up with the sunshine shining in to my bedroom filling it with the sudden view of dust. I really should clean more often. The stone floor was cold and I quickly put on a pair of fluffy socks and made my way down the stairs. Every room was empty and quiet, like only me and ghost occupied this large house. The garden was turning brown and orange outside the windows. The tennis court was visible as the leaves had fallen down from the bushes surrounding it. The pool looked cold and uninviting unlike its charm in the summer when me and Blake would spend hours outside by it.
The kitchen was a mixture of mahogany wood, marble and steel. Everything was cold this morning. To get rid of my morning mood I turned on the coffee maker and made myself a bowl of cereal. I had nothing to do today and it was unsettling. I knew Blake was home alone but I didn't want to smother her like I had lately, always wanting company. I wasn't good at being alone. Sitting still for hours watching movies or reading a book like Blake could do was impossible. Ants crawled all over me as soon as I tried to be still and alone. Most of my other friends were on the cheerleading squad and they had followed with the football team this weekend for their game.
After half an hour of TV and a sad breakfast I couldn't hold myself and picked up my phone to text Blake and ask if she wanted to do something.
"Hey sleepyhead, do you wanna do something today? I'm bored."
"You're always bored." Blake murmured on the other side of the phone line, I'd woken her up. "What did you have in mind?"
I had nothing to come up with, I just wanted company, desperately.
"Dye my hair, I don't know I just don't want to be alone today it's so boring."
"All right, I can come over and we can… take a drive and do something spontaneously." she sighed but I think she smiled, it felt like one of those sighs, a hint of laughter hiding behind the puff of air.

An hour later Blake walked inside and greeted me with a smile. She'd never been much for physical contact, but could I blame her? The only one she ever felt close with was me and her dad. I could understand her mom and why she acted the way she did. While Blake hid behind her shield of pretend apathy I had aways and will always try to see every side of the issue. Her mom lost her only sense of direction. Blake and her were so alike it's the reason they crash into each other now I've guessed many times. They're both too headstrong for their own good. The only problem is that they're so alike and yet so different. Blake has a violent tendency if something doesn't go her way or if someone crossed her way and upsets her while her mom has the classic passive aggressive intellect and slowly plan her revenge so that it can't be traced back to her. I've been like a fly on the wall when it comes to Blake and her family. My parents are barely home and I spent most of my time there, until recently when Mr. Ashworth died. It felt it a strange place now, the room where his home office had been closed for months. The mahogany walls and large windows to never see the lights from the hallway again until a new family moved in.
Blake noticed I was looking at a specific spot for too long and snapped her fingers in front of my face, making me flinch backwards.
"Hey sleeping beauty, not clear in the head yet?" she smirked and sat down on the couch next to me, placing her feet on the wooden coffee table. A show about real estate was playing and I hand't changed the channel for a long while I realized.
"You watch this? I always saw you as a cartoon person." she smirked again and I glared at her, not being able to not smile.
"What do you wanna do?" I leaned my head back and stared at the ceiling, bored.
"You're the one who asked me over, I thought you would have a plan by now." Blake sighed and started leaning her head left to right over and over slowly. "Go shopping? You always like that."
"No, I don't feel like that today. It's always filled with rude old ladies this time strangely."
"Remember last week when that one with the blue hair tried to push you away, she was fucking insane. I don't wanna get old and bitter."
"Blake, you're already bitter."
"Well then I don't want to get old, live fast die young."
"Don't say that, you'd be the cutest coupon shopping lady ever."
"I take that as an insult, I'll be rich ass hell in that case. Coupons are for soccer moms."
"Are you aware that you somehow manage to insult yourself with whatever you say?"
"It's a gift." she smirked again and I rolled my eyes at her.
"Did you take the car here?"
"Yeah, it's freezing outside. It's just October can the shitty weather wait? I don't want snow on Halloween."
"Speaking of, what are you going to be?"
"I wanna be a couch potato." she said sarcastically and threw her hands up. "I don't want to go to Chris DiScanio party, it's going to be as bad as last year, worse dare I say."
"Speaking of Chris DiScanio, he's been checking you out for weeks." I raised my eyebrows up and down to irritate Blake. I knew she didn't like Chris, I didn't really either but I wanted to see her reaction. It was as amusing as I had imagined. Her finger went inside her mouth and she pretended to vomit at the mention of his name.
"He's such a douche, why can't there be good people in this town? I mean is it so hard? Why does everyone have to be so stuck up?" she sighed and went on with her rant about the people our age in this town. She had a point, but I tried to see the best part of everyone, you wouldn't survive high school otherwise. Blake was a picture perfect example of that. She survived with great grades, but not a day passed when she didn't want to rip someones head off.
"The only ones I like are Nick and Alec." my head perked up at the mention of Alec, and Nick but that wasn't as hard to imagine. They had been friend before I started dating him, I think they still talk now and then now as well, which was good.
"Alec? What has happened here? What did I miss? Tell me everything." the questions fell out of me as easy as 1, 2, 3. Blake glared at me and my excitement. I understood her but I always wanted her to make friend on her own. Did I just sound like a mother?
"It's nothing big, he lives down my street, neighbors with Nick actually. We talked a little yesterday and yeah."
"Talked as in he absolutely wanted to fuck you." I was only teasing but it would never not be fun.
"Jesus Serena, wash your mouth with soap." she laughed and stared at me amazed. I threw in a few sexual jokes now and then to throw her off her track. She was used to it but each time she was taken back by my small boundaries.
"I'm joking, I'm joking. No but what did you talk about? This is revolutionary." she sighed and I sat up on my knees facing her. She turned in my direction, this was going to be a discussion.
"I was about to go on my usual run, and I thought that I could run by and see dad. However I couldn't and I… I started crying, a lot, and then he just, showed up." her hands were showing each word, she always talked with her hands when she was involved with the conversation. The pause before she confessed she and been crying made me sad. I've known Blake since we weren't able to walk. She should be comfortable to tell me things, everything. I want that out of the most important relationship in my life. It's improved a lot the last few years however. She would never tell me any of this four years ago.
"And we started talking and he asked me if I was alright, and you know me I tried to play it off because, I have serious issues." she sighed and threw her head back, still disappointed in herself about her difficulty how showing her feelings. "Well, I told him that I was crying because of dad. And then he told me he lost his parents too around the same time." she looked up and met my eyes for the first time during her retelling of last night. "Do you remember that boy who came to visit every summer?"
"Yeah, your first crush. You were a real player." the cogwheels in my brain started to spin, why would she bring that up unless.
"No!" I dragged out the O dramatically and let my mouth fall open. "Alec is cute guy who you almost had your first kiss with!" I shouted and placed my hands over my still open mouth.
"I wish I never told you that." she pointed my in the face and smiled while trying to look serious. "If you ever mention that to him you're dead. He thought I had a crush on his brother."
"Well you did didn't you?" I again wiggled my eyebrows and she once again on her part rolled her eyes.
"Did not, you did however."
"Oh shush." I smiled and was suddenly figuring out an entirely new plan for Halloween. There was no way I was letting Blake slip out of this incredible opportunity. I'd been there before, letting her run head over heels from something that could have such positive potential.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took longer than I thought it would. But here is the next chapter and again, I hope you'll enjoy and please comment and subscribe!