Status: Complete <3

You Have My Attention

Hairspray

I'd assumed that after yesterday, everyone would be ignoring me. However, with the exception if Ashley, the rest of the band seemed to be acting fine with me - even Jinxx, who was cold towards me earlier. Jake must have told them about what I told him earlier, and convinced them not be be mad at me. He really is a sweetheart; I reminded myself to give him a hug later.

After I made breakfast - making sure to make Jinxx's first - I went about as normal, changing the bunk covers and sweeping in between the bunks while bopping along to My Chemical Romance songs that were blasting through my headphones. When someone tapped my shoulder, I paused halfway through 'You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison' and spun around, a blush on my cheeks from where I'd been caught singing along rather loudly.

As soon as I saw that it was CC in front of me, I practically tripped over my words in a rush to apologise for the other day. I still didn't know what exactly had upset him, but the fact that I'd upset him was enough.

"Oh, CC! C, I'm so, so sorr-" I started, reaching out to put my hand on his arm before thinking better of it. He just shook his head at me before smiling and pulling me into a hug. The shook that he wasn't mad at me made me freeze in surprise for a second before I relaxed into his embrace.

Without pulling back, CC reassured me not to fret in that cheerful tone he adopts when he speaks to people affectionately.

"Sshh, silly, it's fine, Jake told me what happened. If anything, I should be apologising to you. I'm sorry that Ashley came onto you like that, it was inappropriate of him. Sorry." As he said this, he leant back and gently rubbed the sides if my arms. "And I loved the MCR rendition by the way" he added, making me giggle embarrassedly.

He surveyed the room around him and smiled when he realised the zebra blanket he'd lost weeks ago was washed and folded on his bed (I'd found it down the back of the couch yesterday while hoovering).

"It looks really tidy, are you done cleaning in here?" He asked with a hopeful look in his eyes, poking me lightly in the side.

"Just about, yeah" I replied, looking around for any last things I'd forgotten to pick up.

"Then would you mind helping me with my hair?" He asked shyly. My mind briefly flicked back to when Ashley had asked me the same thing and to the flirting that had occurred after, but I promptly ignored it. Mainly because I'm sure CC wouldn't do that and also because I was sure I wouldn't mind it if he did it.

"Of course, back room?" I asked, tying the bin bag I was using up and dropping it into the kitchen bin as we walked out the bunk room and through the kitchen.

"Yup!" He laughed, practically skipping along behind me, which put a smile on my face. Even the glare Ashley sent me as we walked through the lounge - where the other four members of Black Veil Brides were gathered - didn't wipe it from my face.

*****

"So, am I just straightening the back and then teasing the top bits?" I asked CC, who was sat in a chair in front of me.

"Yes please" he tilted his head back to grin up at me before grabbing a pair of purple straighteners that had 'Property of CC!' written up the side in black marker pen, and handing them to me along with a bottle of strawberry scented heat defence spray.

"Strawberry scented?" I commented, sending a mist of the spray over his raven hair.

"Yup! It smells amazing, don't deny it!" I had to agree with him, it was rather nice.

It actually makes me want to nuzzle my nose into his long hair and- right, I need to control my thoughts before they go any further...

I straightened the ends of his soft hat until it hung silky and straight down his back in neat lines. Exchanging the straighteners for a can of hairspray and a comb, I set about teasing the top of his hair.

I've always been prone to embarrassing myself, I just really wished I didn't have to do it in front of CC of all people. Because we were talking while I was shaking the hair spray in preparation, I hadn't noticed that the can's nozzle was the wrong way round; as soon as I went to spray some on CC's hair, I got a mouthful of sticky, bitter hairspray.

I started choking and coughing, making CC turn around in his chair and jump up when he saw me struggling. After he removed the can from my hands he patted me on the back until I stopped coughing so violently and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. With his free hand, he pinched my side gently.

"Hey, don't you go and die on me! I've grown rather attached to you, you know?" He laughed lightly, squeezing my shoulder before picking the hairspray can up and handing it back to me, with the nozzle pointing away from me this time. As he sat down in the seat again, I couldn't stop the thoughts in my head from turning into words.

"Right back at you, C".
♠ ♠ ♠
So, so sorry this is so late! Stressful week... Anyway, I hope this gives you a bit of happiness before the next chapter *devious grin* xD

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt