Status: Complete <3

You Have My Attention

The British Lot

With wet cheeks, I turned away from the empty parking ground and wandered back into hotel.

I felt pain in my chest - a pure sick feeling constructed from mental distress as I made my way through the revolving doors, dragging my feet slightly along the linoleum floors as I tried to stop sobs escaping my throat. Since I was walking with my head down, I wasn't watching where I was going - not that it would have helped if I was looking up since my eyes were glazed over with tears, anyway. Because of this, I ended up walking straight into someone and mumbled an embarrassed apology before trying to move away, eyes still on the floor until a hand gently gripped my arm.

Looking up, I saw a man with dark hair looking down at me through glasses with concerned eyes.

"Whoa, you alright?" the man asked, his British accent surprising me and even making me smile a little to myself - I love British accents, there's something about them that makes me want to listen to them speak for ages. The man himself was dressed in a grey skull t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans; in his hand he clutched a coffee cup. A black fringe swept across his forehead and gently skimmed over the top of the black glasses that rested on his nose.

"Huh, um, yeah, I'm fine" I tried to move away, embarrassed that a stranger could see me crying, but he kept his hand on my arm.

"No, really, what's wrong? Maybe I can help?" the tall man looked only a couple of years older than me and seemed genuinly worried.

"I'm just sad because some people I trusted... I just... They left... I thought... I thought I meant something, you know?" the man let go of my arm and sighed gently, before looking at me with compassionate eyes.

"I think I know where you're coming from, being screwed over by people sucks. Relly badly. But hey, smile - I'm sure you can find something to be cheerful about, even if it's only that the restaurant here has good coffee and breakfast muffins" he gestured to his coffee and sent me a lopsided grin, which I returned with a nod. "Why don't you come get some and come meet my friends - they're already in there and most probably eating all of said breakfast muffins" he informed me with an adoring smirk as he obviously thought of his friends.

"Do they also have cool accents, like you?" I asked, looking towards the hotel restaurant and then back at the man.

"Yes" he confirmed. "I'm Laurence Beveridge, by the way" Laurence introduced himself as we both started moving towards the restaurant, our shoes squeeking slightly on the shiny floors as we walked.

"Lukass Kendrix" I responded, walking through the door as he held it open for me and spotting who I assumed to be his friends. They were the only new people to have come into the restaurant since I was in there a few minutes ago and I could already here their distinctive accents.

Surely enough, their table was the one I followed Laurence over to as whilst I studied the four people sitting there. On the corner sat a boy with hair that looked straight out of an anime - it was black with a blonde and yellow fringe that swept across his pale face. Next to him sat a smaller blonde haired boy, who - as Laurence had predicted - had a chocolate muffin in his hand and was leaning into the side of the boy next to him. At the other end of the table sat a man with a beard, swept over hair and a hat covering his head even though we were indoors, and he was staring at the phone in his hands whilst the others chatted - he looked up as I approached with Laurence, though.

"Bevers, you're back! And you brought people!" the one with the anime hair exclaimed, grinning at Laurence and looking at me with a welcoming expression, obviously unfazed by the fact I was over here.

"Person, Kier, singular, unless you're seeing multiple of him. In that case, what are you on?" he asked, only to have Kier waggle his eyebrows at him as a response.

"Aren't you going to introduce us, Laurence?" the small, blonde boy with the muffin asked, happily chewing on it whilst looking at me with interested eyes, which turned a little confused as he obviously looked closer and noticed that I'd been crying. Thankfully, I'd managed to stop actually crying as we came into the restaurant, not wanting to make a spectacle of myself.

"Of course - this is Lukass; Lukass, that's Kier on the end, Drew with the muffin, Shane is the guy next to him and the antisocial bugger on the end is Luke" Luke scowled playfully at Laurence when he said that before pointing out that he'd put his phone away now.

"Luke and Lukass" I hummed with a smile before telling them it was nice to meet them.

"We actually have a friend called Luke Lucas" Drew replied, grinning as he finished the muffin and reached for another that was lined up on his plate.

"Drew, stop eating so many damn muffins!" Shane chuckled as Drew stuck his tongue out at him and started on the new muffin, uncaring for his friend's opinions of how much sugar he was consuming.

"Never! Anyway, sit down guys" he said the last part to Laurence and I couldn't help but feel happy that these guys had just welcomed me over to hang out with them even though they didn't know me. It felt good that there were people out there kind enough to try and look after you when something's wrong - even though only Laurence, and possibly Drew, had any idea anything was wrong.

For the next hour, we talked amonst ourselves, consuming many cups of coffee whilst we ate the hotel out of chocolate muffins. I learnt that the guys were actually in a band together called Fearless Vampire Killers and right now they were on their first tour outside of the UK with William Control - a guy I knew of from Aiden and the fact that he worked with Black Veil Brides on their last album. Eventually, though, it was time to leave the restuarant - the staff wanted to close up to prepare for lunch.

"I think they're getting fed up of us eating their muffins" Shane commented as we exited, making us all laugh.

During the time I'd spent with them, I could almost forget about the fact I'd been abandoned by the people I called friends - family even - and worst of all my boyfriend.

Not quite, though.

As we left the restaurant, the reality hit me in the face that as soon as the British boys and I parted ways, I would have no where to go; I would be homeless.

There was nothing I could do to change that reality, though. Nothing.

All I could do was slap on a smile and pretend that everything was going to be okay.

"Um, Lukass, are you okay? You sort of fazed out" Drew's voice dragged me from my thoughts and I realised I'd stopped walking. All five of the boys were looking at me whilst I stood there, blushing gently with embarrassment.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I replied, starting to walk again and prompting them to move to. I'm sure they could tell I wasn't being completely honest, but they didn't question it. Well, more accurately, they didn't have time to, because once we were outside of the hotel, I heard someone shout my name and suddenly I was being pushed to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is a little late, it was actually done yesterday but I was too tired to proof read and I didn't want to give you all a chapter that I hadn't gotten properly ready to post.

It's here now, though! :)

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt