Status: Complete <3

You Have My Attention

Prank Partners

“Oh God, what are you doing?” I asked with a shake of my head as I noticed Jinxx sitting at the table in the back with some questionable internet pages open on his laptop. And no, for once in his life, the questionable web pages were not porn. A website called Free-Revenge-Ideas.com was opened full screen across the laptop and Jinxx was sitting there with a notebook giggling. “It’s not something I’m going to have to clean up, is it?” I asked, sounding full of mock dread and horror.

The older boy spun around in his seat slightly, looking like a deer caught in headlights. His visibly relaxed though when he realised it was just me.

“Oh, Lukass! Thank God, I thought you were Jake!” he chuckled, turning fully in his seat to face me. “And maybe, depends on what I can up with” he replied nonchalantly, tapping at his notebook with the pen he was holding.

“What are you scheming, Jinxx? And why does it involve Jake and a revenge website?” I questioned as I pulled up a chair next to him, intrigued about what he was planning.

“Well, Jake thought it would be funny to hide my makeup, straighteners and things before the show the other night, so now I’m planning my revenge. I’m stuck for ideas though; so of course, first place to look was Google” he explained, gesturing loosely towards the laptop with a devious glint in his eyes.

“Ah, I see! So, what have you got so far?” I asked, maybe I was crossing the line between friends and staff slightly, but Jinxx didn’t seem to have a problem with me being there.

“Well, I’m trying to think of things that would work in the confines of a tour bus, you know? There’s some stuff that I could probably do to his bunk but I’m not sure what would work…” he replied, sounding slightly downcast. I decided to look over at his screen and saw that the page he had open was showing a variety of pranks that could be played using people’s beds.

“What about the short sheet one? It would bug him to no end if he couldn’t get into bed and he’d probably be too tired to figure out what you’d done” I suggested, frowning slightly when he shook his head.

“I thought about that, but he’d probably also be too tired to care and just sleep on the floor in between the bunks. Considering he sleeps naked, I don’t really want make that a possibility…” he said, grimacing while trying to fight off a smile.

“Okay, so that’s a DEFINITE no then.” I said with finality. “What, it’s Jake that owns that strawberry mouthwash, isn’t it? The one he always says makes his morning because he loves to wake up to the taste?” I checked, a plan forming in my head.

“Yeah, what are you planning?” he asked mischievously.

“Well, I’m thinking you go for the old but gold prank and stick a load of salt into it, so when he uses it he’ll spit it out everywhere and have a horrible taste in his mouth for ages” I explained, pleased with the idea.

“Hell yes! That’s pretty damn good actually, Lukass. Thanks!” he high-fived me before snapping the notebook shut and chucking it on one of the shelves against the back wall. He pranced out the room with like an excited child and went – presumably – to the kitchen for the salt. What he didn’t know, was that - since I was the only one who ever used the kitchen now – I’d rearranged it so that I knew where everything was. Chances were though, that Jinxx didn’t, and Jinxx prides himself on being able to find everything. I was waiting for the moment he had to tuck his pride in and come and ask me where it was.

I peeked out the door to the backroom to see Jinxx searching through the cupboards for the salt and failing to find it.

Ha! He’s looking in the complete wrong place, it’s with the spices by the cooker.

“You alright in there, Jinxx?” I asked, keeping my tone light, like I wasn’t enjoying this situation a little too much.

“Yeah, yeah, it’s fine, all good!” He called back, probably still thinking I was in the back room. Because I am a lovely person, I made my way into the kitchen behind him quietly and retrieved the salt from the side, before creeping up behind him. Once I was standing about seven cm away from him, I lifted the salt over his head and dangled it in front of his eyes, making him jump.

“Jesus, Lukass!” he huffed, when he turned around and saw me there.

“It was by the spices” I said simply, stepping back to avoid the playful punch he sent my way.

“Yeah, yeah, I knew that…” he mumbled, taking the salt out of my hand and heading towards the bathroom where Jake’s mouthwash was located.

“Sure you did…” I giggled, shaking my head lightly.