All Back

Overwhelming

Melanie walked onto the set that she would be using for her Elle shoot that evening. Though this should be one of the most exciting photoshoots she had, she was far from excited. Since arriving home late yesterday night, she couldn't take her mind off the boy she encountered at Robin's party. Since the day he broked her heart, Melanie promised herself that if she was to ever see him again she would avoid all contact with him like she has these past years, but now she couldn't believe she agreed to have dinner with the kid. It was just too overwhelming for the young girl.

"Hey Mel," She turned around to see Robin rushing towards her. "Are you excited, you're going to be on the cover of Elle?" The red hair girl hugged her friend, but when she didn't hug back she knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong?"

Melanie shook her head, "Oh, nothing. I just have a lot on my mind."

"Babe, don't worry. You're going to be fine," Robin took her hand, and lead her to the dressing room to get her ready for hair and makeup.

~∞~

"So what happened last night?" Robin asked, as she finished the final touches of her work.

Melanie went over to the rack of clothes the crew had put out for her, and began rummaging through. "What are you talking about?"

"You and Zayn," She said.

Melanie began choking on her own air. Robin raced over to the girl and pat her back excessively. "Don't die on me now," Robin laughed watching her slowly come back to life, "So how do you know Zayn?"

"Um," Melanie hesitated.

No one knew about her past with Zayn, only her family and friends from Bradford. Announcing that you are one of the worlds most famous boyband's, ex-girlfriend is not something you want on your record, espically if you're trying to make it in the industry as well.

"Um, I've known him since secondary school," She somewhat lied.

"Oh, well that's cool. It must've been nice to catch up again, huh?"

"Not really," Melanie mumbled to herself.

"What?"

"Oh yeah, definitely," She said, rolling her and almost gagging.