Deadly Affairs

Deadly Affairs- Chapter 13

Getting ready for work the next morning, I felt totally relaxed. I already knew what was coming so I really wasn’t going to freak out. Besides after releasing a lot of stress and pent up anger as well as getting laid last night I really didn’t have anything to freak out about. I didn’t wake up over top of Kellin choking him so that’s also another good thing. In a way I felt like I shed a layer of skin, I had been in this rut of not killing anyone even before I met Kellin and I was supposed to make Kellin one of my victims but a part of me couldn’t do that, one that I didn’t understand at the time but now I do. I had an attraction to him but more than that I had a connection and now I can be with him without any worries or problems coming our way since my boss is dead.

Walking up to my workplace, there were cops surrounding the area and a lot of workers outside the building. I began to smile and little but quickly stopped then pretended to act confused as to what was going on. I saw Justin and a couple of the other interns in a little group so I decided to go see what they knew.

“Hey, what’s going on?” I asked approaching them.

“Our boss was killed.” He had this shocked look on his face.

“You’re joking, right?” I said widening my eyes.

“No, the janitor found him in his office on the floor this morning.”

“Holy shit, that’s crazy.” I looked around at other coworkers and the police to see everyone else’s reaction. “Do they know who did it?” I turned back to Justin.

“No, they haven’t said anything about who did it, I wonder who did though.” He said.

“Alright well it’s a little too early for me to be dealing with death like this is just outrageous and crazy, I can’t believe someone did this; I’m going to go to the coffee shop, I’ll be back.” I wasn’t coming back though. As soon as I turned the corner from my job I was walking down the street whistling and smiling, headed to Kellin’s house so I could put his book back. Once I got there I quickly picked the lock and put the book back in its rightful place then left heading home.

I spent the day watching the News as they covered the big story on the murder at my job. It was quiet entertaining to watch and hear them say they have no clues or suspects; it was just an all-around good feeling. Around 8pm Kellin came knocking at my door and by that time he had already heard the news that my boss was dead. He gave me his condolences as soon as he got inside the door followed by a big hug which was a little weird because I thought he would’ve known I didn’t have a good relationship with my boss seeing as I’ve told him and he’s witnessed it himself but I guess it was just a natural thing people did when someone dies, they like console the person and give sympathy even if you weren’t close to that person. If he knew I killed him he wouldn’t be consoling me. I just played along and acted shocked about the death for a while then went back to normal. We went into my bedroom and got in bed watching movies, Kellin thought it would take my mind off the whole murder investigation that’s going on at my job. We didn’t really talk much the entire night all we did was cuddle until we fell asleep.
______________________________

The next morning I was woken up by someone knocking on my door loudly. I groaned slowly sliding Kellin off my chest and got up to answer the door. When I opened the door I was greeted by two detectives standing there while I was in nothing but my boxers and a t-shirt.

“Good Morning officers, is there anything I can do for you this morning?” I said giving a slight smile. I’ve had to deal with detectives before so I wasn’t in panic mode to the fact that they were at my door step. It was probably just a routine thing seeing as I worked for the man who was killed so they’re most likely just going to ask me a couple questions then be done with me.

“Victor Fuentes, Hi I’m Detective Hotch and this is Detective Walker we would like to ask you a few questions about your boss, John Mason.” The male detective, Hotch said.

“Sure come on in.” I said opening the door fully. They walked in and I led them to the living room. They sat down on the couch. “Do you guys want coffee or something?” I asked in a nice tone.

“Sure, we’ll take some coffee.” The lady, Detective Walker replied politely.

“I’ll go brew some up.” I smiled walking into the kitchen. Once it finished brewing I grabbed three mugs filled them up with coffee and brought them to the detectives then sat down in the chair opposite of the couch.

“You know Mr. Fuentes you can go get dressed and we’ll wait.” Detective Walker said.

“Oh, it’s fine. Once you guys leave I’ll be crawling right back into bed.” I smiled.

“Okay, well let’s get started then.” Detective Hotch said pulling out a pen and a small notepad. “You know your boss was murdered two days ago, right?”

“Yes, I found out when I arrived at work with all the cops there. Very confusing and tragic, my condolences are with his family.” I said sympathetically.

“A couple of your employees said that he made you stay late the night of the murder, is that true?” the lady cut in.

“Yes, to finish up my work. He didn’t like me very much so he picked on me a little and made me stay later than the rest. I even had to come home and go back to the office to drop off files and copy papers and other stuff.” I said.

“When you say he didn’t like you very much, what do you mean by that?” The lady asked.

“Well everything was good when I first started working there and then he found out I was gay and started treating me different. I’m assuming it was a personal view on the subject. I never let it bother me because I have to make money so I’ll take a little heat.” I lied. I never really got an answer to why he didn’t like me and I didn’t really care for an answer anymore. I was just saying anything to make sure they didn’t see me as a potential suspect.

“And you say you went back to the office, was it that same night?” The man asked while still writing in his little notepad.

“Yes, it was the same night. I had some files at home that needed to be put on record before the next day so I went home picked them up and went back to work filed everything, finished up my work and went home.” I said casually.

“And how long would you say you were at the office when you went back?” The lady asked.

“Around about 45 minutes to an hour tops.” I drunk a little bit of my coffee.

“And can anybody verify that you were home?” The man looked up from his notepad.

“Yes, my boyfriend Kellin he actually came over and spent the night.” I said smiling. Detective Hotch finished writing something in his notepad.

“His last name?” Detective Walker cut in.

“Quinn. Kellin Quinn.”

“Okay, well thank you for your time you have a nice day.” Detective Hotch said. They walked to the door and I followed behind. I opened the door and let them out; closing the door I stood there for a second looking out the peephole. Detective Hotch fixed his coat and felt his pockets, I’m assuming looking for his keys and that’s when I heard the lady begin to talk.

“I don’t know Jared. I just didn’t get a good vibe from the guy.” She sighed looking back at the house. He chuckled at her.

“You never get a good vibe from anyone.” He said still chuckling.

“No, but I mean it this time. He was just too calm about the face that his boss died.”

“Well you heard him, he didn’t like that he was gay. Would you be crying over someone who didn’t accept your lifestyle?” he asked finally finding his keys.

“Still…” She said.

“Alright, relax will check out his alibi and go from there.” He began walking off the porch and she followed. I clinched my jaw together getting upset that the woman couldn’t leave well enough alone. They wouldn’t find anything because Kellin actually did come over after I got home from work that night and if they review the security footage, like I know they will they will see me getting in the elevator and going up to the 3rd floor then leaving an hour later. I covered all my tracks but the fact that this lady just won’t let it go is not sitting well with me, not at all. I felt Kellin’s arms wrap around my hips.

“What are you doing?” he asked in a groggy tone.

“Nothing.” I turned around and smiled at him. “Let’s go back to bed.” I took his hand and led him back to the bedroom trying to shake the thoughts of Detective Walker snooping around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heads up: we're getting down to the final chapters :)