Status: In progress?

A Few Heartbeats Away From Disaster

I Thought We Had A Damn Good Thing

It had been 4 days. Four days since Mike left. I knew I shouldn't have let myself get close to him- I wasn't good at having friends. I don't even know why the five friends I have stuck around. Then Mike comes and gets inside my head all within one hour and now he's gone and I can't get him out of my head. Tay noticed too.
"What is wrong with you?!" She threw a pillow at my head. We were currently in our hotel room listening to Of Mice And Men and I was writing. They were just nonsense lyrics that wouldn't ever actually get music behind them but it helped to get my feelings out. "You drag me with you on a random vacation, not that I'm complaining because is San fricking Diego but still! You drag me along and you're totally cool for the first day but now all you do is write! I mean come on Kar we leave tomorrow! Was this one of those creative get aways or something?"
"Sorry Tay I know you wanted to hang but I just... I'm not really feeling it ya know?" I shrugged. "It's like one in the morning Hun you should sleep." I said.
"Okay. Are you tired? I can stay up if you want...?" She asked half-heartedly. I knew she would if I asked her to but I didn't want her to have to deal with me. I shook my head and she nodded while turning on 'When You Can't Sleep At Night' which was our go-to sleep song. Within minutes she was out and I was gone.
I walked down to the beach with headphones in listening to Fall Out Boy. I hadn't been able to dance as good since Mike had left. Honestly I haven't really been able to do anything good since Mike left- writing, dancing, socializing. I know it sounds crazy because I only knew him for an hour but... I don't know something about him was captivating. Inticing. Brilliant.
I got to my spot on the beach and threw my sweater off. I was wearing yoga pants and my favorite tank-top; an Of Mice And Men tank with a floral '&' on it. It was like my lucky shirt so it should help me to dance. I turned on my favorite song to dance to- 'Yeah Boy and Doll Face'.

'Were you honest when you said' -left leg back kick, leap
'I could never leave your bed' - turn, left lean
'wake me up and let me know' - Arms up, right leg slow front kick
'You're alive' - hip rotate, right leg back
Fall.

I've never fallen during that song. Ever. Especially during that move- that was my favorite move! I sat frustrated for a second and hit the sand. What was Mike doing to me?! Not only was he messing with my head but now it was affecting my dancing. I can't believe I let this happen.
"Well are you gonna try again?" I head a voice behind me. I knew it wasn't him but I was hopeful.
"Mike?" I asked looking up, but as soon as I did I knew it wasn't him. This figure was shorter- much shorter and more muscular. His hair was thicker and a little more curly. He didn't have to introduce himself though before I knew who he was.
"Unfortunatly not. I'm sorry, Darling." He said stepping into view. "I figured I would find you here though. He said you came out here every night." And standing in front of me was a Mr. Victor Fuentes.
Most people who loved Pierce The Veil as much as me would have been star-struck looking into his big brown eyes with his extremely toned arm extended for a hand-shake but all I could think about was how much he was like Mike. His eyes were more captivating than Mikes, but Mike's held a more mysterious look whereas Vic's was more sincere and calming. They held themselves the same confident way and they had the same cheeky grin, except Vic's was a bit bigger. I shook his hand and smiled.
"Did, uh, did Mike send you?" I asked hopefully. He looked at me sympathetically and shook his head.
"No. Well not directly. He just, he's been so different since he met you and then when you guys stopped talking he just... I had to do something so he would stop moping around. He wouldn't talk about you for a few days; he'd just sit at his drumset and.. actually he didn't really talk at all. But every night at around this time he would leave without a word and I didn't really think anything of it because it's Mikey, ya know? But then he came home the other day and I confronted him about it." He was about to continue when I interupted
"Wait, where was he going?" I asked, I mean I had an idea but I didn't really think he would do that after the way I treated him.
"Here, duh. Well obviously not here here but to come keep an eye on you. To make sure you're okay." He said. "But anyways after he told me that he had been coming here I knew that I had to talk to you. I don't know what happened but all he said was that 'You would never want to be with him.' Maybe that's true, I don't know, but you should at least talk to him I mean, he's so beat up, Karmen."
"I didn't- I- Oh my god Vic that's not what I meant at all. I was just freaking out I- I didn't-" I stuttered and shook my head and Vic probably thought I was insane.
"Hey I'm not the one you need to explain that to." He said.
"Well, where's Mike?" I asked looking around. Maybe Vic brought him with, but Vic just shook his head.
"I don't know he just said he was going to keep an eye on you. He never said where he would be." He looked at me and I swear I physically saw him get an idea. "Well I have an idea but it's crazy and you're not gonna like it." He said with a grin.
"I'll do anything." I said. With that he just winked and pushed me in the sand. The next thing I knew he was grabbing my Ipod and phone and running down the beach.
"What the fuck!" I screamed standing up to brush myself off. Before I could though I heard a familiar voice.
"Karmen! What the hell was that? Are you okay?" I turned toward the boardwalk and saw a familiar sillhouette running towards me.
"Mike!" I screamed running to him. I forgot about the dirt covering me and the fact that Vic just stole my belongings and ran to him. When I got to him I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He was a little caught off gaurd but was inviting of the gesture. "I'm so sorry Mike." I said into his neck. "I didn't mean any of what I said. I'm so so sorry."
"Hey it's okay. It's okay, I forgive you!" He pulled away from me to look at my face. "I forgive you." He said. I wasn't willing to waste anymore time. After the few days we spent apart I knew that he wasn't going anywhere. I was willing to take a chance and let him in. So I leaned in and kissed him. Nothing seriously sappy or heated, just a gentle kiss so that we both knew that there was something there. I went to pull away to look at his reaction but he followed me, leaning closer to me as I tried to lean back. We both laughed at ourselves, smiling into the kiss, before he let me pull away.
"Now, are you forgetting the fact that someone just assaulted you and stole your stuff?!" He asked putting me back on my feet.
"What? Oh you mean Vic!" I laughed. He looked at me puzzled.
"Vic? Vic stole your stuff?!" He asked incredulously. I laughed and explained how it was a plan to get him to talk to me. Just as I was done explaining Vic returned.
"Hey man!" He said casually. "What's new?"
"Well I just found out my brother likes to beat up helpless girls on the beach and take their stuff!" He said while, partly playfully, punching Vic on the arm and grabbing my hand.
"Well he's also chilvarous enough to return their things and make sure their okay." He said giving me my stuff back and raising his eyebrows in question.
"I'm fantastic." I said looking up at Mike. He smiled back and bumped into my hip with his.
"Ahh how cute!" Vic said in a sarcastic voice. "So Mike, I take it you aren't coming back home for a while?" He asked. I hadn't noticed that Mike had been looking at me until I looked at him in anticipation.
"No. " He said smiling down at me. "I think I'm gonna be out for a bit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Thank you SO SO SO much for reading! I LOOOOVE your guys' comments sooo much! It really means a lot! Comment, Subscribe, and Recommend- It means the world to me!