You Don't Know Me at All

Chapter One

Natalie's POV

I had just gotten to school with my twin sister, Natasha. We said bye to our dad and headed toward Huntington Beach High, which is where my dad and some of his friends went to school. I guess he was just trying to keep the tradition going by enrolling us in there, as well Uncle Matt and Aunt Val since they enrolled our two cousins, Hunter and Jameel as well. Tasha saw her friend, Josephine, waved goodbye to me saying she'd see me later, then ran of to Josephine. I continued walking toward the school when someone jumped on my back. Just as I was about turn around to sock someone in the face, I saw it was just my best friend, Yismel.

"Fuck Mel, you scared the shit outta me. You're lucky I didn't punch you in the face", I said.

She laughed at me,"My bad. Where's Jordan at?"

"He said he'd be here by 3rd period", I answered.

Jordan was our other best friend. I met him in the 2nd grade when he became my neighbor after moving here from Lubbock, Texas. Mine and his parents kind of forced us together and I guess we just stuck to each other. We met Yismel in the 6th grade when she moved here from Atlanta. It was just us from then on, we didn't really need anybody else.

We headed to our first class, which was Algebra, which I happened to hate. The teacher hated me and I hated the teacher.I had a feeling today wasn't going to be any different from any other day. We'd be at each others throats, I'd get detention, he'd call my parents, and if they weren't available, he'd call one of my uncles,Uncle Matt usually came though. We walked into the classroom and headed to our seats in the back.

"Ms. Russo, Ms. Haner, so glad you could join us today. It's rare when we see your two's faces in here.", Mr. Lechter greeted with a tone of false cheerfulness.

We sat down,"Wish we could say the same. We thought we'd bless you with our presence and brighten up your life"

Yismel and I took out our notebooks. We're not dumb, just flat out lazy; when we actually do the work, we pass. Mr. Lechter started doing a lecture on quadratic equations, which I already knew about. Tasha and I were actually home schooled when we were younger. When dad's band, Tasha, and I went on the road, our parents and the guys would hire the best tutors in the country. They were very advanced in their teachings and were teaching us high school material when we were only like in the 4th grade. So why I had to sit here and re-learn something makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I sighed, putting my head down ;deciding to not listen to this boring lecture anymore.

"Is my teaching boring you, Ms. Haner?", I heard Mr. Lechter ask from the front of the classroom.

I slowly lifted my head up and I heard Yismel mutter 'Uh oh'," As-a-matter-of-fact, I do."

"How so?", he asked.

"Not only will I never need to know this shit later in life, but I already learned it in like 5th grade.", I answered cockily.

He scoffed in disbelief.

I scoffed right back,"What, you don't believe me?"

"Not for a minute. Tell me what a quadratic equation is then.", he challenged.

I cleared my throat before answering,"A quadratic equation is a uni variate polynomial equation of the second degree. A general quadratic equation can be written in the form of ax to the second power plus bx plus c equals 0,where x represents a variable or an unknown, and a, b, and c are constants with a ≠ 0.If a equals 0, the equation is a linear equation. But keep in mind that dividing the quadratic equation by a gives the simplified monic form x to the second px plus q equals 0, where p equals b divided by a and q equals c divided by a. The constants a, b, and c are called respectively, the quadratic coefficient, the linear coefficient and the constant term or free term. Quadratic equations can be solved by factoring,or "factorizing" in British English, completing the square, using the quadratic formula, and graphing."

Everyone had a shocked look on their face, including Lechter. I slapped Yismel's awaiting hand when I was done.

I sat back and put my hands behind my head,"And no I will not tutor any of you."

That oughta teach him not to doubt me.

And that's my morning for ya.

Natasha's POV

Josephine and I were in our 3rd period class, which was English, but the teacher was absent so we had no work to do. We were just talking until a boy we knew named,Jerry walked up to us with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey Jerry.", we greeted in unison.

"Sup ladies, how's it goin'?", he smiled.

"Pretty good, what's up?", I smiled back at him.

"Well, my parents are out of town for the weekend. So, I'm throwing a party at my place and I was wondering if you lovely ladies wanted to come.", Jerry offered.

Josephine and I looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders before turning back to Jerry,"Sure, we'll go"

He grinned,"Great, party starts at 8. See you guys later", then he went back to his friends.

"This should be fun. I gotta tell my parents", I said to Josephine who was staring into the distance like a dazed schoolgirl.

"Josey, Jo, Josephine!!!!!!", I hollered.

She jumped,"Huh, what?"

"What were you lookin' at?", I asked.

"Dontcha just think that Jerry is the cutest thing alive?", she said dreamily .

I shrugged,"He's alright, he's no Orlando Bloom, but he's cute"

"He's so dreamy", she sighed, laying her head on her hand.

I rolled my eyes,"Then make a move tonight at the party"

She put on a horrified face,"I can't do that, I'll look desperate"

"She's right ya know, she will look rather thirsty", I heard my sister, Natalie's voice beside us. Did I mention that Natalie's in my 3rd period class, well she is.

"Really? And how is that?", I looked at my sister.

"A girl isn't suppose to make the first move. Don't go to Jerry, make Jerry go to you, Josephine", Natalie explained.

"How would I do that?", Josephine questioned.

"Easy. Play hard to get, don't act too eager, always keep him guessing. Don't reveal too much about yourself, that way he's more interested to get to know you", Natalie advised the tan young girl.

"Oh, ok. Thanks Lee", Josephine smiled.

"No prob small fry", she teased.

If my sister was good for something, it was giving good advice and telling it how it is.

***After school***

We had just gotten home and I was about to ask Mom and Dad if I could go to Jerry's party. I was kinda nervous considering I don't go to many parties, that's more Natalie's thing. I walked into the living room where I saw my parents and Natalie on the couch watching TV. I sat down with them and they smiled at me.

"Hey mom, dad", I said nervously.

"Sup kiddo", Dad smiled.

"There's this party tonight at a friend's house. Can I go?", I asked.

They looked at each other, then back at me."Sure why not? It's Friday night"

"Really? Great, Josephine's dad is taking us. I'll go tell her I can go", I ran upstairs to my room. I grabbed my phone and called Josephine's number.

It rang 4 times before she picked,"Hey Tasha, what's up"

"They said I could go!", I grinned.

"Seriously? That's awesome. We'll pick you up at around 7:40", she informed.

"Okay, that's cool. I'll see you later", I hung up after she said bye. I'm so excited right now!

Natalie's POV

I watched as Tasha ran up to her room in excitement. It's good she's going to a party, she's always stressed out over her school work and extra curricular activities and shit. I looked at my parents as they watched TV and thought about asking them if I could go too.

"Can I go to the party too?", I asked.

"No way Natalie, uh uh", Mom answered.

"Why not? Dad?", I looked at him.

"I agree with your mom Nat", he backed her up.

"But why, that's not fair!", I stood up in front of them.

"Because every time you go to a party, something bad always happens. Besides, your teachers told us you haven't been showin' up to your classes. So do you actually think you deserve to go to that party?", dad asked me.

"Uh yeah. I went to class today!", I hollered, not that it mattered.

"That doesn't matter". See?."You're supposed to be in all your classes, every day!", mom scolded.

"I'll start goin' to class okay? Now can I go?", I tried to negotiate.

"No", mom scoffed."Now end of discussion"

"Ugh, I hate you guys!", I growled stomping downstairs in the basement a.k.a. my room.

"Love you too!", they called.

They got me so fucking mad I swear! Just because I don't go to a few stupid classes and I get into a few a lot of fights, they want to stop me from going out. Dad is such a hypocrite, because I know that when he was younger, him and my uncles would get into a shitload of fights, they've even started brawls. So what's the big deal if I decide to walk in their footsteps? I grabbed my phone and opened the basement window. I climbed out of it and dusted myself off before making my way to the place I always went to when I was pissed off at my parents. Ten minutes later, I found myself in front of the house I call my escape.

I walked up to the door and rung the doorbell. After a couple seconds, my cousin, Jameel opened the door.

"Hey Lee, come in", she smiled letting me into the house. We walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Where's Uncle Matt and Auntie Val?", I asked her.

"They went grocery shopping, they should be here any minute", she answered.

"Alright, is Hunter home?", I looked around the house.

"Yeah he's in his room, Hunter! Natalie's here!!!", Jameel hollered.

I then heard the sound of feet coming down the stairs, then my cousin, Hunter walked in.

"Nat, what's up?", he side hugged me.

"The usual, mom and dad pissed me off", I told my younger relative.

"Ah", he nodded, knowing well about the situation.

I heard the front door open and saw Uncle Matt and Auntie Val walk through a whole bunch of grocery bags. I walked up and grabbed some as Hunter and Jameel went to the car to get the other bags.

"Hey sweetie, what're you doing here?", Val hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Why do you think Val? Bri and Chelle pissed her off, so she comes here to avoid her problems", Uncle Matt was spot on.

Val sighed,"What happened this time Lee?".

"They wouldn't let me go to a party tonight.They said I start too many fights and that I don't attend any of my classes, which is total crap", I explained.

"It's not total crap Natalie. You do both of those things. Your parents aren't pulling this shit out of their asses, you actually get into a shit ton of fights and you don't even show up to your classes. And if you do, it's only like once or twice a week. You gotta get your act together Nat. You can't keep coming here when your parents get you mad. If that was the case, you'd be living here", Uncle Matt lectured.

I sighed, knowing he was right,"You're right. I told them that I'll start goin' to my classes, but they still wouldn't let me go to the damn party."

"How do they know that you're telling the truth? You've said the same shit over and over again. They don't trust you", he argued.

I know they didn't.

Brian's POV

Me and Michelle were in the living room watching TV. We had just got done lecturing our daughter, Natalie. Our Natalie is kind of a bad seed. She acts out, lashes out at us, skips school, gets into fights, she's even been arrested a few times, only God knows what else she's been doing. Her sister, Natasha is the exact opposite. She respects us, has perfect attendance, is never mean to anyone, I don't even think she's ever cursed. Whereas Natalie has the mouth of a sailor. I didn't really like the way we ended things a few hours ago, so I decided to call her down.

"Natalie!", I hollered. No answer.

"Natalie! Get down here!", Michelle tried. Still no answer.

I went downstairs to the basement where her bedroom was. I walked in and saw that the window was open.

"Shit, not again", I muttered and headed back upstairs.

Michelle looked back at me,"Lemme guess, not here?".

"Of course. I'm gonna go get her", I said grabbing my car keys and rushing out the door. The drive is about 20 minutes, but Natalie is a fast walker so it probably takes her about 10 minutes. I parked in front of my best friends' house and knocked on the door. My niece, Jameel answered the door.

"Hey Uncle Brian. She's in the kitchen with Dad", she pointed toward the kitchen, already knowing why I was here.

I saw them at the table and I pissed off.

"Let's go Nat. I'm tired of this shit, I really am", I growled.

"And I'm tired of your shit too Dad", she growled right back. See what I'm saying? Disrespectful.

"Not here, not now. Just come on", I said grabbing her arm and leading her into the car. I practically threw her into the car. I'm not taking her shit anymore.

She had her arms crossed and glared at the road.

The ride home was silent and as soon I parked in the driveway, she stormed right in the house.

"Don't you walk away from me!", as I got in the house. "Get back here!"

She turned around and glared at me. I swear she hates me.

"What? What could possibly have to say right now. You said it all an hour ago!", she yelled.

"You can't just run away to Matt and Val's house whenever you don't get your own way, that's not how it works. You work out your problems, not run away from them", I scolded.

"What the fuck ever. I'm goin' to my room", she dismissed.

"I swear if you don't get your shit together, I will send you to your grandparents in Alabama and we both know they don't take shit from anybody. Half the shit you do here, you wouldn't even get away with down there", I threatened.

"You don't have the balls", she smirked, testing me.

"Oh really. Michelle, hand me my phone", I asked my wife.

She handed me the phone and I dialed Michelle's dad's number,"Hey Leo, it's me Brian. You might have a new house guest."