Horns Sound

I Think I Forgot Something

His fist was about to collide with the wall when there was another knock on the door. Did the delivery guy forget something, he thought. Without checking to see who was actually there, he opened the heavy white door with his free hand.

Madeline stood in front of him, bouncing on the the balls of her feet. “I wasn't trying to make an excuse to leave, Evan really will tear up my furniture.” She blurted.

“Then why aren't you sprinting home?” His tone verged on harsh.

“Because, I have this cool thing called a conscience, it kept nagging me to come back here.”

“Why?”

“To finish what you started.” Brandon stood slightly hunched over, trying to decipher what she had said. But with a step she was in his apartment. Two more and she was standing at his feet. Her hands reached up and gripped his shirt. A soft whimper escaped her before she pressed her lips against his aggressively. The pizza box he had been holding fell onto floor and slid a few feet across the hardwood. Brandon's arms instinctively wove themselves around her back and pulled her closer. She complied with his arms drawing her into him, and her body pressed against his completely. Madeline let her feet fall flat, but Brandon refused to let the kiss break, he craned his neck down to compensate for the height lost. Cautiously, her hands crept up to caress the back of his neck. He responded with a small groan and pushed her across the hallway, backed her up against the wall opposite of the one she had nearly had him pinned against moments earlier, and separated her legs with one of his own. Their chests expanded and deflated rapidly with each animalistic collision of their lips. The kiss was sloppy, but the desire that ran through their veins compensated for the lack luster showcase.

Madeline knew that it needed to stop, before Brandon got the wrong idea. She drew one of her hands out from behind his head and trailed her hand downward before she let it rest between his pecs. With her palm on his chest she nudged him gently, and thankfully he took the hint. Their mouths were finally detached, but Brandon was playfully placing tender kisses all over her face. “Close your eyes,” he whispered before his lips skimmed over each pale lid, “open them.” Madeline obliged only to have his eyes staring directly into hers. Deep and royal blues burst from around his pupils before fading to a soft aqua teal, but the sea green that outlined his iris brought everything together and created a tenderness only seen by those close to him. Whereas fierce golden amber blazed in hers outlined by a rich and inviting coffee brown, she was feisty but also offered great comfort to those dearest to her. Brandon blinked to stop the staring contest that seemed to have ensued and kissed the tip of her nose. He guided the tip of his own nose to the spot his lips last touched and paused to let his mouth hover over hers. His lips came down once and parted hers, twice and parted hers.

“I have to go, but I'm really glad I came back...” She slipped out from the cocoon he had fashioned with his body

“I am too.” He smiled euphorically and let Madeline leave through his still open apartment door.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter's extremely short, but I'm trying to update more frequently. I need ideas, all these reality tv shows I've been watching are doing shit for my creativity. Please feel free to leave anything you want to see in the future in the comments. Thanks for reading!