Horns Sound

SAD

“Are you sure this is how you want your teammates to meet me? I can tell you exactly how this will go. It's not going to end well. You know how I am with groups. Brandon, please.” Madeline was freaking out while she applied makeup in the vanity mirror, when he walked over to her and put his large hands on her shoulders.

“Mads, you've already met everyone that matters. Nothing that's said will change how much I care about you. Come with me, stay attached to my side all night, you don't have to speak to a soul that isn't me, just go with me.” His mouth slowly made its way up her neck.

“That's not fair and you know it.” She leaned into each tender kiss he planted.

“I do know it, and I'm desperate. You've forced me to take this drastic measure.” Softly he nibbled at Madeline's ear lobe. “Please don't make me go alone.” Brandon continued sucking and biting at the area around her ear.

“Fine.” She groaned.

“I love you.” He whispered, sending shivers up her spine. It was the first time he had said those three little words since they started dating seven months ago.

“I love you too,” the sincerity in her voice was genuine, “ass hat.” She added snidely.

“I'm what? An ass hat?” Brandon's hands clutched at her sides.

“I'm putting on makeup, you better not do what I think you're going to.” His fingers arched at the ready.

“And what might that be?” They made eye contact in the mirror and he sprung into action tickling her until she gasped for air and begged for mercy.

“Stop. Please. You're not an ass hat. I love you. I'll socialize. Just. Stop.” Strong arms made their way around her torso.

“You don't have to interact with humans, Mads, I just wanted to hear 'I love you,' minus the sass.”

“You could've just asked.” Madeline threw a crumpled tissue at Brandon.

“But that wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.” She shook her head and finished applying her lipstick before she snuck off to her closet to slip on the beautiful black one sleeve cocktail dress she had purchased weeks ago. “Are you almost ready?” Brandon called.

“I'll be out in two seconds!” Madeline pushed her arm through the single lace sleeve and came out with her back to him. “Zip me?” She questioned. He moved from his place on her bed and walked to her. His hands unsteadily pulled the golden zipper up.

“There,” he paused, “you look amazing." She turned to examine not only herself but Brandon as well.

“You look pretty dapper yourself.” Brandon took her hand and guided her out to his car. Madeline sat with his hand in her lap, trying to lose some of her nervousness. The drive was short and quiet, words weren't needed to describe the emotions he knew were coursing through her, because two months prior, she had finally revealed to him why she kept putting off meeting all of his teammates.

***
“It would be so much easier to take them all out in one foul swoop.” Brandon whined.

“No. Alright? This isn't up for discussion.” Her normally sweet disposition turned terse.

“Why?” He pestered.

“Because it's not.”

“That's a bullshit answer and you know it.” They were both exchanging heated words.

“Just drop it.”

“No, why does this have to be so drawn out? You're making this unnecessarily complicated.”

“Stop. I told you, I don't want to meet your teammates all at once. Accept it.” Madeline was at the island in her kitchen slicing up potatoes for dinner, when Brandon decided to bring the debacle up for the second time that day.

“Why are you being so difficult?” The knife she had been using slipped and cut the side of her index finger. She let the knife clatter onto the stone counter top.

“God damn it, Brandon.” She choked rushing over the sink to clean the wound with tears flowing steadily down her cheeks. He witnessed the kitchen catastrophe and ran to her. Madeline grabbed a handful of napkins and pressed them to the wound.

“Are you okay?” He asked apologetically, his hand rested gently on her back.

“I'm fine.” She grumbled before she stalked off to bathroom to grab a band-aid. Angrily she ripped open the medicine cabinet and searched for the box of band-aids she knew she had. Optimus Prime loomed behind an extra bottle of contact solution and she hastily grabbed the box and it's last occupant. With Brandon on her heels she shakily tore open the casing and placed the Autobot decorated strip across her finger before throwing the wrapping away.

“I'm sorry about your finger, but you need to answer my question, Mads.”

“I have social anxiety!” She blurted.

Brandon squinted and opened his mouth a few times unsure of what he should have said. “Everyone's nervous when they meet new people, especially when they're important to your significant other.”

“You don't understand. I'm not physically able to communicate with people I don't know, unless I practice for days on end beforehand. I can't handle group situations at all. It looks like I'm having a seizure because I shake when I'm nervous and people make me nervous. I will have a mental break down if I get caught in a crowd. I vomited twice before I first met you and ended up puking all night after Lemonjellos. I can't do it, Brandon.”

“Okay, you can meet the guys separately, it's not a huge deal. Thank you, for telling me.” Madeline's eyes didn't waiver from the floor. He placed a tender kiss on her forehead and took her hands in his. “I can't imagine how hard it must've been for you going to that meet and greet, but I'm glad you went and that you gathered up enough courage to keep talking. Just like I'm glad you told me about this, I'm here for you if you need me, Madeline.” He hadn't used her full name since those first few awkward dates, that was how she knew he was serious. Her hands fell from his and wrapped themselves around his torso.

“Thank you.” She murmured into Brandon's chest.

***

“You've got this.” Brandon whispered into her ear before they entered the hotel dining hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, so I realized I never really set a time frame for when this story was taking place. It started off around now, meaning post Stanley Cup victory. I hope that clears some things up. Also, in the next few chapters there are going to be a lot of flashbacks. Anywho, I hope you enjoy the chapter and thank you for reading/subscribing!!