Status: In progress?

Be My Escape

There's A Look In Your Eye, And It's Screaming Goodbye

Vic POV
Well, today was the day. today I cam out to my parents, and the day I came out younger brother, Mike. I was also coming out to my closest friends, Jaime and tony. Not To mention my parents. was I even really gay? I mean, before Kellin, I had only liked women, and I guess I still do. So I was. . . Bi? I shook my head. All of this was still confusing to even me. I had barely gotten any sleep last night, thinking about how today was going to go. I mean yeah, the entire school was going to know now, but I wasn't really sure if I even cared. I wasn't really noticed, but I also wasn't disliked. Things would change, whether it be for the better or for worse, I'm not exactly sure. The only people who mattered were the ones who will stick around. After changing into a band tee and dark skinny jeans, I stepped into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I picked up my blue toothbrush, noticing how bad I was shaking. Deep breaths Vic, deep breaths. It's going to be okay. All these people loved me, my sexuality shouldn't matter to them. . . Right? I felt dizzy. This always happened when I over-thought things. Everything was going to be fine. I walked down the stairs to see Mike already done getting ready.
"Ready to go, bro?"
"As I'll ever be." I muttered. I was going to pick up Tony and Jaime and explain everything to them, all at one time.
When I showed up at Jaime's house, Tony was already there. Two birds, one stone I guess. They hopped in the backseat and were currently arguing which was better- Star Wars or some other movie. I was going to tell them when they got into the car, but my nerves got the best of me.
Finally, after 10 long minutes, we were parked in front of the school.
"Bro, are you like, okay? You're shaking like hella bad." Mike stated, staring at my shaky hands on the steering wheel.
"Yeah, I just, I really. uh, I really need to tell you guys something." I replied, looking up from the windshield, noticing that Tony and Jaime had stopped their arguing to listen to me.
When I hadn't said anything, Mike raised his eyebrow, urging me to continue.
"Okay, so I think I'm gay. . . I'm still attracted to girls, but I've never been attracted to guys before so I'm not sure and-"
"Then how do you think you're gay? If you've never been attracted to guys, and you're still attracted to girls?" Jaime interrupted, clearly confused.
"Because I'm dating Kellin." I answered bluntly. Mike and Jaime's mouths hung open, saying nothing, but Tony just smiled.
"Called it," he muttered.
"Well, I mean, I'm shocked, but I don't think of you any differently. You're still my best bud," jaime replied with a gentle smile.
"Same. but I don't understand why you didn't tell me sooner." Mike answered, with a frown on his face.
"honestly Mike, I wasn't even sure about it myself. But I promise you that if anything like this, or if something big happens, that you'll be the first to know." At that, he smiled and slung his arm over my shoulder. "If you're happy, I'm happy."
I nodded, silently thanking him. I took my key out of the ignition and looked at the hellhole ahead of me. I mean school.
I sighed and got out of the car, slamming the door behind me. With my brother and my friends, I walked towards it. I was really nervous about today, even if I didn't care what anybody thought. At least the people I cared about had supported me.
Walking into the building, I noticed Kellin by his locker with a kid I had known as Justin. They were talking. Well, Justin was. Kellin just sat there, fiddling with the ends of his hoodie. I had planned on going over and introducing him to everyone. but I didn't want to interrupt. Several minutes later, I looked over and saw Justin getting up, brushing off his blue skinny jeans. He held out a hand to Kellin, which he took, and pulled him up. Justin said something to Kellin and then hugged him. After that exchange, Justin had walked away, leaving Kellin alone. Kellin looked up, his blue-green orbs meeting my mocha brown ones. I could feel myself grinning like an idiot. What was this boy doing doing to me? He grinned back at me, flashing me all of his perfect teeth. I walked over to him, reaching my hand. he raised an eyebrow, but took it, intertwining our fingers. I heard a few people that were talking before get quiet, and I had a pretty good feeling that I knew why. Ignoring them, I looked back at my friends. They had all known of Kellin, but had not officially met him, and I wanted to be the one who changed that.
"Tony, Jaime, Mike, this is Kellin, my boyfriend. Kellin, that's Mike, Jaime, and Tony." I said, pointing at them individually. They all shook hands and exchanged smiles and that's when I saw the crimson color against Kellin's porcelain skin. He was so adorable. It's kind of crazy how one person can hide so much of them with just a smile. If I hadnt known Kellin like I did, I probably would've thought he was the happiest person alive. I never would've imagined getting close to him.
For the rest of the day, Kellin and I acted like, well, a couple. We got some dirty looks, we got a couple of 'awww's' from girls passing by. This guy Ronnie had even muttered a "Fag", I can't tell you how original that was. When the day was over, I was glad. It had went way better than planned. Now all I had to do was tell my parents. When we got arrived home, they would already be there. After gathering my friends, and brother, I walked Kellin to Alex's car. Alex honestly still cared the shit out of me, honestly. I tried to get there early to avoid him, succeeding. I put my arms around Kellin's waist, pulling him closer to me. I pecked him on the lips, feeling him grin. I loved when he smiled, it made me feel like I was actually doing something right in my life. The kiss was short, but filled with passion. When we pulled away, I sighed. I never wanted to leave him. I had to talk to my parents though. "Bye Vic." Kellin said, smiling. "For now, babe." I reminded him.
While walking back to my car, I noticed that Mike, Tony, and Jaime weren't standing around the car, and that they had gotten in. "Are you nervous?" the always curious Jaime asked. I knew exactly what he was talking about.
"Kind of. I just dont know what to expect. I've never been in this situation before." Jaime nodded, I guess you could say, knowingly. The rest of the car ride was silent. I dropped Tony and Jaime off, saying goodbye, with them wishing me luck.
"Ya know, I'm sure it will be okay. With mom and dad I mean. They're the most understanding people we know." Mike told me reassuringly.
I just nodded. That weird feeling in my tummy was back. I pulled into the garage, next to my parents car. I sighed. Mike and I got out of the car simultaneously, still not saying anything. Walking through the door, our parents greeted us. "ma, dad, I need to talk to you guys."
They both walked into the kitchen, frowning. They could tell something was wrong. "What's going on Victor?" My dad asked me, concern flooding his features.
"I've been keeping something from you guys, and I was waiting for the right time to tell you guys... I'm gay." I said, laying it out plain and simple.
My ma looked down at her hands, messing with her fingers. A hint of. . Anger crossed my dad's face. I have never had my heart beating faster in my chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay this is kinda sorta not really long I'll be updating more tonight hopefully soooo :) yea. comment what you think please! xoxo