Status: In progress?

Be My Escape

We Can't Even Mouth The Words That Will One Day Save Us From Ourselves

Be My Escape Chapter 12
Vic’s POV
Although I was having fun with Kellin, I knew I had to go sometime. So I kissed him goodbye after cuddling for hours, and made my way home. Kellin had offered to give me a ride, but I wanted the time to think so I declined it. The night air was cold, and I involuntarily tugged on the ends of my sleeves on my hoodie.
Before I knew it, I stood outside my house. I sighed, afraid of what might be waiting for me when I go in. To avoid my parents, I climbed in through my bedroom window, which was thankfully on the bottom floor. For some reason, I couldn’t stop thinking about what happened with my parents, yet all I wanted to do was forget about it. From the moment it happened, it had been in the back of my head, but Kellin had somehow kept my mind off of it.
When I told my parents, I had expected them to be more… Understanding. It shouldn’t matter to them anyways, right? I’m their son. So what if I like guys? I sighed, trying to push the thoughts away. After turning so that I was facing my wall, I heard a knock on my door. Figuring it was Mike, I yelled to him to come in.
Little did I know, it was my mom coming in to talk to me. She was the first to speak, and I was surprised to hear her voice, rather than Mike’s. I refused to turn around to speak to her though.
“Victor. .?” She whisper-asked. Part of me wanted to ignore her and pretend that I was sleep, but I knew I’d have to face her sometime and couldn’t ignore her forever.
“What ma?” I asked, my tone a bit rude. At this point though, I didn’t really care.
“I’m sorry about the way your father treated you earlier. But just know, that I support you and whatever decisions you decide to make in life. Because in the end, no matter what, you’ll always be the same Vic.” She replied with a small smile.
“It’s funny you say all those things now, yet you had nothing to say when my own father was talking about how much of a faggot I was? How about when he was talking about how awful I am? I didn’t seem to matter that much when all you did was stay quiet.” And to this, she said nothing and just hung her head down. “I think you should go mom.”
“I’m sorry, just know that. You know I can’t help what your father says and does. When he’s mad, there’s nothing you can do about it except just wait it out. He’ll come around, I promise.” Was all she said back in response. She stepped out of my room, closing the door behind her. I could hear her start to cry and I felt awful, but there was no way I was going to make it better now. She needed to know how I felt, even though guilt flooded me. I then ending up thinking about my dad, which was the last thing I wanted to do. I wish more than anything now that I had kept my mouth shut, instead of assuming that they’d just be okay with it.
I tried to push the thoughts away once more, so I could get some sleep. So I thought about the only thing that made me happy nowadays, Kellin. Thinking about him made my miss him, and his warmth, although I had been with him all day. I could feel myself slowly drifting off. And least I would fall asleep happy.
******
I woke up to my phone vibrating violently, indicating I had a phone call.
“Hello?” I answered, my voice groggy as ever.
“Hey, I’m here to pick you up for school, I don’t want you to have to deal with your parents, so I came kind of early, sorry. I smiled at the gesture, even under the circumstances.
“Well, considering I just woke up, I just need to get ready and then I’ll be out. Okay? I promise I won’t take long.”
“Sounds good.”
I jumped out of bed, opening the drawer to my cream colored dresser next to my bed, and pulled out the first pair of skinny jeans I could find. Over that, I pulled on my black Of Mice & Men tee. I grabbed a brush from my nightstand and ran it through my currently wavy, chocolate-brown hair. I considered straightening it, but remembered Kellin was waiting. To distract from my hair, I put on my favorite grey ‘Anthem Made’ beanie. Content with knowing that this was the best I was going to look in my rushed time, I threw on my Vans and headed out the door, thankful Kellin came early.
As I approached Kellin’s car, I saw he had bags under his eyes and a coffee in his hand, meaning he didn’t sleep well at all last night. His hair was wavy, like mine, except he didn’t have a beanie covering his usually messy raven black hair. I opened the passenger door, and got in.
“Hey, babe.” He said once I was in, leaning over to kiss my cheek. I smiled, it was amazing how I still felt butterflies whenever I was around him. He made me feel complete.
“Hey. Sleep at all last night?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Not really. I kept having nightmares.” He responded with a frown. I felt bad that he was having nightmares, but I wasn’t sure if he would want to talk about it or not.
“I’m sorry baby.. You should have called me.”
He shrugged and leaned over again, pecking me on the lips. What was supposed to be a simple kiss turned into much more. Although I wanted to continue, I pushed him off me. He mockingly pouted, to which I just rolled my eyes. “I think you’re forgetting that we’re still in front of my house.” I pointed out. He nodded knowingly, and placed his hand back on the steering wheel, then backed out of my driveway. On our way, one hand left the steering wheel, and found it’s way to mine. I smiled because of how lucky I am to have him. He’s perfect in every single way possible, he’s more than I deserve.
The rest of the car ride was filled with silence, but it wasn’t awkward. It was more of a comfortable silence than anything. The whole time, he would occasionally bring our hands up to his lips, and kiss my hand softly, which caused me to blush every time.
When we finally got to the school, Kellin stopped the car, but we didn’t get out. He crawled over the seat and sat himself on my lap, pecking my lips repeatedly. “So, where were we?” He smirked, kissing me once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry I've been taking so long to update, I'm the worst procrastinator ever oops. The more comments each chapter gets, the faster I'll update :) Thanks for reading & sorry this sucks xoxo