Status: In progress?

Be My Escape

But there's just something about this dizzy dreamer and her bleeding little blue boy

Sorry this chapter is so short! I’m working on Chapter 6 tonight, and it’s gon be super intense to make up for it soooo. :) Yeah! Enjoy! <3333

Alex and I sat cross- legged across from each other, tears falling down both of our faces. I had just told him every single thing, and he still had yet to reply.

He sighed and tapped his fingers on my knee, trying to get my attention. He opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah. I will be. It’s just a lot to take in. Why would you do it though? Why didn’t you call me or SOMETHING? You know that no matter what time it is, where we are, who we’re with, that I’ll answer. That I’m here for you. But me getting upset won’t change the fact that I’ve already happened. I’m just sorry. I made you feel alone. I know I did. You felt like you couldn’t come to me. I wasn’t there when you needed me. If it had worked I don’t know what I’d do with myself. Who would I go to concerts with? Who would I party with? Who would I be best friends with? Who would I do anything with? I especially wouldn’t be able to go and do stupid things and embarrass myself then laugh about it later with anybody. But I need you to make me a promise. I need you to make me a promise that if ever feel the need to do it, that you’ll call. I promise I’ll be a better friend and that I’ll be there next time. I can’t guarantee that you won’t sink, but I sure as hell will help you swim.”

I was speechless. I couldn’t believe that I had meant that much to him. I pulled him into a hug and felt more tears pour down my cheeks.

“I’m sorry! I promise I’ll come to you next time. I wasn’t thinking straight, and it just… Happened. I’m sorry.” I whispered.

He didn’t reply and we just sat there hugging. With anybody else, it might’ve been awkward just sitting here, hugging, but with Alex it wasn’t. I felt awful for disappointing my best friend. There was nothing I could do about it now, except comfort him.

Moments later, Alex’s boyfriend, Jack, walked in.

“Hey babe are you ready for-” he stopped when he saw us in the middle of Alex’s living room, hugging.

“Ready for our movie date?” Alex asked. “Yeah. Do you mind if Kellin jo-”

“It’s fine. I don’t want to intrude. I think I’m gonna go get some breakfast anyway.” I said, cutting him off although I had lost my appetite while talking about what happened.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” I replied with a smile, getting up. I needed fresh air anyways.

“Call me when the movie is over!” I called out while walking out the door. I stepped outside letting the breeze hit me, blowing all of my hair in my face.

While walking around, I felt my phone buzz inside of my pocket. I pulled it out to see a number I didn’t recognize…

“Uhm… Hello?”

“Kellin? It’s Vic.”

“Hey!” I exclaimed, excited to hear from him, eve though it had only been a few hours.

“Hi. Are you doing anything right now? We need to talk.”

My stomach churned, those words were never good. Especially under the circumstances we were in. “Nope. . ”

“Meet me at the cafe in ten?”

“Yeah sure. No problem.”

And with that he hung up.

While walking to the cafe, millions of thoughts crossed my mind. What could he want to talk about? Is he mad? Is he regretting what happened at the hospital? I shook my head in an attempt to clear my head.

When I got there, I sighed in relief. It wasn’t crowded, and there was an empty table in the back. I tapped my fingers on the table nervously, waiting for Vic to arrive. When he did, my stomach dropped. He was so perfect, and I couldn’t believe that I had gotten a chance to get close to him. When he saw me, he smiled and headed over to me. He got to the table and sat down. Neither one of us spoke, daring the other to speak first.

He put his hands over mine and smiled. “Do you want anything?”

“No thanks, I’m fine.” I said, wanting him to get whatever he needed to say done and over with.

“Okay, well you’re probably wondering what I brought you here to talk about.”

When I didn’t answer, he took that as the que to go on. “ “Anyways, it’s about the doctor. They called me instead of you. I had put my number down because you were uh.. Unconscious. They called me and so I was told to pass it on. Besides medication, you’re going to be under said suicide watch. The doctor said it won’t be as intense as most cases because she worked with you and you didn’t give her any trouble. She doesn’t think it’s what’s best for you to put you under all that pressure. You will have to see a therapist 5 times a week. If you’re not showing any “progress” it will be every other day.”

I groaned, taking in everything he was saying. “They want you to get better. I want you to get better. You’re perfect to me and it hurts me to see you in pain.” Vic said quietly.

I blushed and reached over the table, cupping his cheeks in my hands. My blue-green eyes searched his mocha brown eyes. I saw his eyes flick down to my lips, but that could’ve been my imagination. I waited for him to make the first move, if he was even going to. I looked down at his lips and looked back into eyes. He took the hint and smiled, leaning in. Before I knew it, his lips were on mine. I could definitely kiss him forever and not mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is so short! I’m working on Chapter 6 tonight, and it’s gon be super intense to make up for it soooo. :) Yeah! Enjoy! <3333