Sequel: Celestial Cataclysm
Status: No matter what happens, keep fighting.

Wretched Apocalypse

Chapter Fifteen - Worried (CC)

We’d safely made it to an abandoned house that was in the outskirts but seemed to be pretty well boarded up and well organised inside. We were split into our own rooms upstairs again and I of course was with Jake. He was sitting at a desk with a few pieces of paper and pens by his side as he scribbled away on the paper. I think he was making up a plan as he seemed to have a clear mind on where things were. I walked up behind him and slipped my arms around him gently to not scare him and he relaxed into my embrace.
​​
“How’s the planning going?” I asked, resting my chin on his head.
​​
“Better than I expected, I mean, after all this crap...I just seem to have a lot of knowledge still running in my head,” he replied.
​​
“Hmm, you’re so brave and I love you, you know that right?” I asked.
​​
Jake rested his hand on mine and turned his head slightly, a small smile on his face.
​​
“Of course I do and I love you too,” he answered.
​​
I smiled a little as I lent forward and placed a kiss on his lips, a happy sigh leaving his lips. I pulled away and moved some hair out of his face as I looked into his eyes.
​​
“I’ll protect you, I promise,” I whispered.
​​
“I’ll do the same for you,” Jake replied.
​​
I chuckled as I let my arms slip off him and I walked out of the room as I made my way down to the small lounge area. I saw Billie and Jinxx sitting there talking and I decided to join them.
​​
“Hey CC,” Jinxx spoke.
​​
“Hey, what are you guys talking about?” I asked, sitting down.
​​
“Trying to figure out how to get Andy and Ashley back. I have high hopes that Andy is going to be alright, until we get to New York or something, he’ll need to fight the turning phase back,” Billie explained.
​​
“You think he can stand that?” Jinxx questioned.
​​
“He’s Andy, when has he ever not been strong, remember, when he had to shoot...y’know.​​The only time he’s ever cracked was his parents back in Ohio,” I answered.
​​
Jinxx nodded as he lent forward, clasping his hands together, a sigh leaving his lips.
​​
“Something wrong Jinxx?” Billie asked.
​​
“Nope, not at all,” he replied with a slight smile.
​​
I patted his back gently and he gave me a reassuring smile and I smiled softly back.
​​
“Guys we’ve got a problem!” Jake yelled as he ran out of the room, his gun beside him.
​​
“What is it!” Billie called.
​​
“Zombies are surrounding the house!” he yelled, knocking on everyone else’s doors.
​​
I cursed to myself as I ran up to Jake and I’s room and grabbed my gun, going over to the window as I unlocked it. I shoved it up and lent out as I saw the creatures below. I fired several shots, the ringing piercing my ears as I groaned slightly and tried to shake it away.
​​
“Die you fuckers!” I screamed, massacring the monsters that have killed half our friends.
​​
“Guys get to every window and blast the bastards!” Chris roared as I heard his feet thundering down the stairs.
​​
I reloaded my gun and continued to fire, headshot after headshot, the house getting covered in putrid blood and guts. I smirked happily as I gunned the last one on my side down and made my way out of the room after securing the window again.
​​
“Anyone need any help!” I yelled.
​​
“I could use some help!” a voice called.
​​
I followed the voice as I came into what was left of the kitchen, seeing Devin by the window.
​​
“How many?” I questioned.
​​
“Quite a few,” he replied as he fired his gun, a screech echoing afterwards.
​​
I walked up to the other window and unlocked it, only to be pushed back as a zombie attacked.
​​
“Fuck!” I yelled, scrambling to my feet.
​​
I didn’t have time to grab my gun so I took a risk and fly kicked the zombie, sending it back out the window, giving me time to grab my gun.
​​
“CC are you okay!” Devin yelled.
​​
“Yeah I’m fi- Devin zombie!” I roared.
​​
I swung my gun up with one arm as I fired at the zombie, but that was after it sunk it’s yellow teeth deep into Devin’s arm as he hollered in pain. I pushed him back out the way as I locked the window I was at and started firing manically out the window Devin was at. Screeches erupted as I brought down all the remaining zombies and slammed the window shut.
​​
“Ugh it hurts,” Devin sobbed.
​​
“Shit, Devin...hold on it’ll be alright,” I whispered.
​​
“Guys! Somebody help!” I yelled.
​​
I heard feet thunder down the stairs as I dropped down beside Devin. Jinxx and Mike appeared in the doorway and Jinxx’s eyes widened as he ran to Devin.
​​
“Devin what the hell happened!” he yelled.
​​
“I-I got attacked,” he stammered as he shook a little.​​

“Oh god, no...no!” Jinxx roared.
​​
“Mike get him out of here, and get me a bandage, quick!” I ordered.
​​
Mike nodded as he grabbed Jinxx by the arm and struggled to get him out, that was until Chris and Brandon turned up and had him pinned in the other room.
​​
“Let me go!” Jinxx yelled.
​​
I dropped my head into my hand as I sighed heavily, my other hand rested on Devin’s forehead to keep track of his temperature. Mike came back into the room as I lifted Devin’s arm gently and Mike started to get to work on adding pressure to the wound.
​​
“Will I make it?” Devin croaked.
​​
I wasn’t sure, but I couldn’t tell him the truth. I had to lie, and never have I lied in my life.
​​
“Yeah, you’ll be fine man, I promise,” I whispered.
​​
He screamed as Mike fastened the bandage and I pinned him down on the floor as he groaned through gritted teeth, tears streaming down his face.
​​
“Just kill me!” he yelled.
​​
“Shut up Devin you’ll get through this!” I barked.
​​
He continued to sob as Mike stepped away and I helped Devin stand up, his legs shaking slightly. He’s really taken quickly to the bite, quicker than Juliet, Sammi or Andy. That is, if Andy was still doing okay. The sudden thought of Andy and Ashley made my heart lurch again before I looked back at Devin.
​​
“Get him to his room, we’ll let him rest,” I issued.
​​
Mike and Billie took Devin by the arms and helped him out of the room as they slowly walked up the stairs. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I suddenly collapsed to my knees and Jake was then by my side.
​​
“Woah, easy CC, you alright babe?” he asked.
​​
“Just...” I gasped. “I can’t take all this anymore, I want this to be a dream,” I sobbed.
​​
Jake pulled me into his arms as I wrapped my arms around him, his soft whispers calming me slightly.
​​
“CC, you did good, I mean...by helping Devin, that was brave of you,” Chris spoke.
​​
I shuddered as I wiped my tear stained cheeks on Jake’s shirt, which he didn’t mind at all before I pulled away and clasped his face in my hands.
​​
“We need to find Ashley and Andy, we can’t leave them any longer. No matter what it takes, we need to find them, we need to leave a trail or something. Anything to get Andy to New York as quick as possible,” I whispered.
​​
Jake nodded as he placed his hands on mine.
​​
“We’ll find a way. And Devin too, he’ll be okay, right?” I questioned.
​​
I looked into Jake’s eyes as I shook my head, tears brimming on my eyes again.
​​
“I’ll tell Jinxx,” he whispered.
​​
I nodded as a scared whimper left my lips and Jake helped me to my feet.
​​
“Guys,” Jinxx spoke, his pale face looking at us.
​​
“Jinxx,” Jake started. “Devin...he’s in pretty bad shape. We don’t think he’ll make it I’m so sorry,” he continued.
​​
Jinxx put his hand over his mouth as he dropped to his knees and started sobbing, the tears from my eyes now falling. He’d lost Sammi, now he was going to lose Devin, the poor guy. I looked just behind Jinxx and saw Jack, who seemed to have a small smirk on his face. Something inside me felt like he was untrustworthy. I could kill the bastard if I had a chance. But I can’t. I am no monster. ​​
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hell, Jack's a sneaky one isn't he? So I've basically left you with questions of whether Devin will make it or not even though Jake said he might not make it. Ah, I'm horrible. But anyways, just going to say that Andy and Ashley's chapters are going to start getting a little longer. Why? Because basically at the start Andy and Ashley were the power couple to begin with. I was going to make this just an Andley but then decided not to. But yes, they have been the core ingredient to the love in this fan fiction so there chapters will be growing in length. The others maybe slightly but not so much.