Sequel: Celestial Cataclysm
Status: No matter what happens, keep fighting.

Wretched Apocalypse

Chapter Twenty - Saviour (CC)

Last nights events surely took a toll on everyone. I hardly slept, so did Jake, he kept tossing and turning in his sleep. Andy and Ashley weren’t such a problem, apart from their sexual activities in the bed right next to us. I had to put up with all the noise, even with a pillow over my head I could still hear them trying to be as quiet as possible. It was now early morning and Jake stirred slightly as he woke up from his terrible sleep.
​​
“Morning,” he spoke with a yawn.
​​
“Mm, morning,” I huffed, kissing him gently on the lips.
​​
“Didn’t you sleep?” Jake questioned.
​​
I shook my head as he sighed, wrapping his arms around me as he rested his chin on my shoulder.
​​
“Those two were being noisy,” I grumbled, pointing to Ashley and Andy.
​​
The couple were lying on a hospital bed, Ashley on top of Andy as he played with the necklaces around his lover’s neck and they were whispering stuff in each other’s ears, chuckling away. I’ve never seen two people so happy while a fucking apocalypse is happening. Yet, then again, Andy’s attitude was slightly changing, he was becoming more authoritative and we either had to go along with it or try and fight back at him, but no one really dared.
​​
“Hey you guys, we’ve got news,” a voice spoke.
​​
I turned my head as I saw Chris standing by the door with Brandon beside him.
​​
“What is it?” Andy’s voice called from the other end of the room as he shifted off the bed, throwing a shirt on.
​​
“There’s an entire base camp set up in Boston. Military, survivors, doctors...they have an antidote Andy,” Chris whispered.
​​
Andy’s eyes widened as he turned back to look at Ashley.
​​
“Did you hear that?” he asked with a smile.
​​
Ashley smiled as he ran up to Andy and they embraced in a hug and I felt a lump in my throat as I started to get a little emotional. I felt Jake’s finger run across my cheek and I looked down at him as I smiled.
​​
“We need to get there quick though, I think they will be running out soon,” Brandon spoke.
​​
Andy pulled away from Ashley as he turned back and nodded slightly.
​​
“How is the situation outside?” I asked.
​​
“There’s more zombies arriving, no idea where they’re coming from but...we need a plan, we can’t just go out there like we have the past few times,” Chris replied.
​​
“Alright, get everyone together we will meet downstairs,” Andy mused as he ushered Ashley back to the area they had set up in the room.
​​
Chris and Brandon left as I let go of Jake and slipped out of bed, going to my duffel bag to get fresh clothes.
​​
“Mind if you throw mine over here?” Jake asked.
​​
I smirked as I reached into his bag and threw some clothes at him as he hopped out of the bed. I quickly put my clothes on as I packed up my bag, knowing we wouldn’t be back in this room. I grabbed my gun as I slung it over my back before slipping on my protective gear that we’d found in the store room. Jake came up behind me and kissed me playfully on the neck and I chuckled as I tickled him and he laughed as he ran away from me.
​​
“Come on guys,” Ashley soothed as he smiled softly before leaving the room.
​​
Jake took his hand in mine as we walked out of the room, following Andy and Ashley down the long hallway and then down the stairs. We saw everyone else grouped up in the main entrance, the large metal door tightly secured. I looked over at Jack who was scowling at not only Andy, but also Ashley, myself and Jake, making me raise an eyebrow before he looked away. Andy cleared his throat as he and Chris stood at the front of the door, looking at all of us.
​​
“Okay, we’re going to Boston, but, we need a plan because there are more zombies heading our way, this is New York after all so there will be more,” Andy spoke, resting his fingertips under his chin. “So, has anyone got any ideas?” he questioned, looking at everyone.
​​
“You could go sacrifice yourself,” Jack scoffed in a whispering tone.
​​
“Pardon what was that?” Andy asked with a slight growl, glaring at Jack.
​​
“Nothing Andy,” Jinxx mumbled, elbowing Jack in the ribs.
​​
Andy’s eyebrows furrowed before he shook it off, looking around at the rest of us.
​​
“I-I have an idea,” Ricky spoke, shifting his feet.
​​
I looked over at him, raising my eyebrow. That was the first time in a while we’d heard him speak, to us anyways, he always talked to Chris or Ben.
​​
“That being?” Chris questioned.
​​
Ricky sighed as he walked over to where Andy and Chris were and faced us.
​​
“One of us should grab a car from the parking lot seeing as there’s still two fully functioning left there, then gather flammable things, throwing them out of the car and possibly barging through any of the zombies might work too,” he explained.
​​
“You’re joking, that’s suicide!” Ben yelled.
​​
“That’s why I volunteer,” Ricky replied.
​​
I gasped as I covered my mouth with my hand, the rest of the groups eyes widening as we stared at Ricky.
​​
“Ricky no,” Ben protested.
​​
“Ben, this is the only chance that everyone will get out alive. Trust me, I’ll try my best to make it out,” he whispered.
​​
I could tell he was lying through his teeth, he was basically risking his life...for us. Ben looked at him defeated as he wrapped himself up in Ricky’s arms, sobbing slightly as the rest of us stood there silently. Ricky pulled away as he looked at Ben and smiled softly.
​​
“We should get going if we’re going to get there in time to help Andy,” he mumbled.
​​
Most of us sighed as we nodded and slung our bags over our shoulders, grabbing any necessary weapons from around us. Andy motioned me over to the door as I grabbed some pins, sticking them in the lock as I fidgeted with the pins. Surely enough the pins clicked against the lock and the door swung open.
​​
“Let’s go,” Andy ordered. “Ricky you go on and grab that car, we’ll set up some Molotov's for you,” he continued.
​​
Ricky nodded as he sprinted over to the parking lot and I looked away as I got a cold chill down my spine. Jake rested his hand on my back and I looked at him, his eyes were filled with worry and I whispered in his ear, trying to reassure him it would be alright. But I knew it wouldn’t, Ricky was heading right into a death trap.
​​
“He’ll be fine Ben, he told you that remember?” Brandon soothed, his hands placed on Ben’s shoulders.
​​
“I don’t believe him,” Ben mumbled.
​​
My stomach churned as I heard a car roar to life, crunching against the gravel as Ricky drove down to meet us. By then Ashley, Andy and Chris had created several Molotov's for Ricky and the rest of us to use if we needed it. Ricky sat in the car as the guys walked over and gave him some of the bottles filled with gas and a rag.
​​
“You be careful, be strong,” Andy whispered, patting Ricky on the shoulder.
​​
“You too...and don’t turn,” he mumbled as Andy nodded slightly at him.
​​
Ben walked over to Ricky after Chris, Ashley and Andy came back, his body quivering. I couldn’t hear what was being exchanged but I’m sure I heard an ‘I love you’ and ‘Be safe’ in it. They shared a passionate kiss as Ben pulled away and Ricky looked at us, saluting with a smirk. I chuckled slightly, saluting back at him as he sped off.
​​
“Alright guys, let’s run along the rocks and try get a clear few of these fuckers so we can take some of them down for Ricky,” Andy issued, reloading his gun.
​​
I took a deep breath as we all reloaded our guns before we started to run toward the hills. A lot was playing in my mind, would we actually make it to Boston? I hope to god they still have antidote when they get there. Ashley will be crushed if we’re too late.
​​
“Line up!” Chris ordered, crouching behind a rock.
​​
I ran to his right as Jake followed after me, crouching a few metres from me on my right. We looked out into the streets of a New York boulevard, seeing the gleaming red car that Ricky was driving. My heart was pounding in my chest as I saw zombies arriving in all directions.
​​
“Go, go, go!” Andy roared, ducking beside Ashley.
​​
Shoots rang out as we fired our guns freely. Trying to aim for any of the creatures would take too much time so we just had to hope we clocked a few. I heard multiple screeches as I saw a Molotov explode on a group of them.
​​
“Good job Ricky,” I whispered.
​​
We continued to fire as the tires of the car screeched, retreating back up the street before turning and coming back, barging into a few zombies while carelessly throwing another Molotov.
​​
“Atta’ boy!” Chris hollered as we ceased fire to let the guns cool.
​​
“Soon as the guns cool, keep going!” Ashley yelled.
​​
I turned back to Ricky in the car, he was coming back up a street, screeching around the corner. He had yet another Molotov in his hand, ready to throw it. Just as we were about to fire again my eyes widened. Ricky was nearing a gas station and I swallowed the lump in my throat.
​​
“No,” I whispered.
​​
“What the hell is he doing!” Brandon yelled.
​​
As Ricky zoomed past the gas station he threw the Molotov as it exploded on the petrol pumps, causing them to explode as it incinerated the remaining zombies. I breathed a sigh of relief as everyone else started cheering, Ricky looking up at us with a smile.
​​
“He did it!” Chris laughed with excitement.
​​
I turned to Jake to smile at him, but we were interrupted by a sudden screech. My eyes darted to Ricky as I saw the car swerve, my heart rate picking up again.
​​
“Ricky!” Ben yelled.
​​
*Crash*
​​
I gasped as the car crashed into a rock face, dust and smoke flowing into the sky.
​​
“Oh my god! Ricky!” Chris screamed as he got up.
​​
“RICKY!” Ben roared loudly as he started running down the hill.
​​
I followed behind as Chris and Brandon followed me too. The car started to smoke at the engine and I then remembered the spare Molotov's.
​​
“Guys no get back!” I yelled.
​​
Before I could even turn to run, the car exploded, the blast sending Chris, Brandon, Ben and I flying back as we crumpled on the ground. I yelled in pain as it pulsed in my ankle, my eyes blurry and my head feeling heavy.
​​
“Fuck!” Andy yelled, as I heard footsteps clambering down the hell.
​​
“Ricky! Ricky!” Ben yelled in a hoarse gasp as he started coughing heavily.
​​
“CC!” Jake’s voice droned.
​​
I whimpered as tears started filling my eyes, the pain now becoming dull but painful if I ever dared move. I heard the gravel scrape as Jake knelt beside me.
​​
“CC are you hurt?” he asked in a panic.
​​
“My ankle,” I rasped as I clenched my teeth at the pain in my chest. “And my chest,” I gasped.
​​
“Oh god, CC, it’ll be okay,” he soothed, dropping his head onto my chest as he sobbed.
​​
I knew it was going to happen, I knew he was going to die. God, why didn’t I tell him not to. Poor Ben...poor Chris, and Brandon. Tears flowed down my face as Jake sat me up and I hissed slightly from the pain before being wrapped in an embrace as I sobbed.
​​
“RICKY!” Ben screamed in heartbroken pain.
​​
I swallowed the lump in my throat as I continued crying. The only noises heard were sobbing, the flickering of flames and the ringing in my ears that hadn’t gone away.
​​
“Jake,” I wavered.
​​
“What is it?” he questioned, looking at me with worry.
​​
“I-” I stopped as my head started pounding heavily.
​​
“CC? CC! CC don’t! Stay awake CC!” Jake yelled, shaking me slightly.
​​
Slowly my eyes dropped and I felt myself slipping out of consciousness, Jake’s frantic sobs fading.
​​
“CC!” ​​
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo that tension between Andy and Jack is happening again. Also, I'm sorry if I hurt your heart for the dramatic Ricky death. There's one more group death in the next chapter and it's going to affect a certain person a lot. Anyways, I decided to be nice and give you two updates tonight. Only two more chapters until the epilogue! Eek!