Sequel: Celestial Cataclysm
Status: No matter what happens, keep fighting.

Wretched Apocalypse

Chapter Six - Survival (Andy)

I groaned as I opened my eyes and gazed around the still darkly lit room. It was late evening here now in Scranton. I had the sudden urge for a cigarette so I quietly got up from where I was lying and walked out of the room. Somehow I ended up with Ashley practically lying on me. Jake and CC lay huddled together and surprisingly Jinxx was cuddling up to Devin, must be something going on there. I sighed as I found a spot in a corridor and lit a cigarette. I took in a puff and let it out slowly, closing my eyes. I’ve never stopped thinking about that day that I had to kill Juliet, but I must move on. For some reason I think I know where my true feelings lie, with Ashley. I don’t know what it is about him. I lent my head back against the wall, thinking of how we will get out of this mess, wondering if any other countries have been infected. I stomped the cigarette out and walked back down the hallway, a cold chill lurking through the air. Suddenly I felt a hand grab me around the mouth and I shrieked in fear. I went to scream again but my mouth was covered again.

“Shh, you’ll wake everyone up” a voice cooed.

“Ashley?” I questioned.

Ashley chuckled as he turned the light on, on his mobile. I frowned at him and crossed my arms. I didn’t realize how close Ashley and I were because it was a little cramped in this spot. Our bodies were pretty close and I felt my heartbeat beginning to rise.

“Um, Ash buddy, it’s a little cramped in here” I mumbled.

“I know” Ashley whispered.

I frowned as I went to move but Ashley pulled me back. Our bodies were closer now and I felt Ashley’s cold breath on me.

“You’re cold” I whispered, running a hand through his hair.

“Andy...” he sighed.

“Mmm?” I responded.

“I-I love you” he mumbled.

“I didn’t quite catch that” I mused.

Ashley placed his hands on my chest and I felt my breathing deepen.

“I said I love you” he replied.

I smirked as I pushed Ashley forward, both my arms above his head, my face close to his. Ashley stared into my eyes and I lent in closer. I felt Ashley’s heart pounding as I was just inches from his lips.

“I think I love you too” I whispered.

“You do?” Ashley questioned.

“Positive” I answered.

“But-” Ashley protested.

“Shh” I hissed, putting one of my fingers to his lips. “I mean it Ashley Purdy, I’m in love with you, no matter how much this zombie apocalypse scares me, it doesn’t tear me away from how I feel about you” I explained.

Ashley smiled and a blush crept across his cheeks.

“I had no idea you felt that way” he sighed, biting his lip a little.

I grinned and rested my hand on Ashley’s cheek and caressed it gently. He looked so beautiful in the moonlight that was peeking through a crack in the roof. I looked back to Ashley and saw a tear roll down his face.

“I’m so scared Andy” he choked.

I wrapped my arms around Ashley, holding him in a tight embrace as he sobbed. Out of all the people in the group, I didn’t expect Ashley to be this frightened. I know I was scared but I tried to stay as positive as possible. I’m making a promise to the guys that we won’t leave anyone behind, no matter what circumstances occur.

“I won’t let anything happen to you or anyone else I promise” I whispered.

Ashley tightened his grip around me and I listened to his shallow breathing. I tilted his head up and gazed into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

“Kiss me” he whispered.

“What?” I asked.

“I said, kiss me” he hissed.

I stood gazing at Ashley for a while before I lent forward and pressed my lips to his. I felt my inner core spark with pure emotion and passion. I’ve never felt this way before while kissing someone. Ashley must be special, he must be the one I need, the one I’ve been searching for. And even in such a horrible scenario like this, I still feel like I’m on top of the world. Ashley you complete me. Ashley pulled away as we looked at each other again and smiled.

“Plenty more where that came from” I chuckled.

“I could get used to that” Ashley mused.

“Only if you do me one favour?” I asked.

“That being?” Ashley answered.

I went to speak but a scream erupted through the building causing Ashley and I to run down to the room where we had been sleeping. We ran in and saw everyone awake, Jinxx cowering in the corner, the others cackling with laughter.

“The fuck are you guys doing, you had us worried!” Ashley yelled.

“Ben decided to scare Jinxx, it kind of worked” Chris chuckled.

“Poor guy, can’t get peace” Devin muttered.

“Says the one conoodling with him” Ricky teased.

Devin flushed a deep shade of red and we all burst out laughing. CC looked over at Ashley and I and raised an eyebrow.

“Hey now, what’s with the holding hands situation?” he questioned.

“Uh, we, um Ashley and I are sort of together” I mumbled.

“I knew it! My theory was correct!” Jake exclaimed.

“You guys knew?” I asked.

“Of course we did you dense bastard” Danny joked.

“Yeah, it’s okay for some” Chris spoke.

We all turned to Chris and saw him leaning against a chair, his hand sitting under his chin. What was he talking about?

“What do you mean mate?” James questioned.

“You’ve all got each other, while the love of my life is missing along with two of Ricky, Devin and I’s best buddies” Chris mused.

“Sorry” Ashley whispered.

“Save it, just go back to sleep, we need to leave here in the morning, early, before the numbers escalate” Chris ordered.

“How will you, Devin and Ricky travel?” I asked.

Chris looked at me with a smirk.

“We have a ride” he sneered.

*Time lapse next morning*

The engine of the car roared to life and I gave a sigh of relief. Overnight it had snowed and I thought that would affect the cars. Around the corner I saw Ricky, Devin and Chris waiting for us on three Harley’s.

“Well they really were organized” CC issued.

“Better than us” Jinxx mumbled.

“We thought nothing of this until I saw it with my own eyes, we’re all lucky we’re surviving” I snapped.

“Calm down babe” Ashley soothed.

I looked back to Chris and saw him give us the signal to continue forward. I revved the engine as Chris, Ricky and Devin took off. I sent the signal to Danny and then followed behind the guys in front of us, Danny and the boys following beside us. I kept my eyes on the road as we continued out of Scranton, leaving a blood bath behind. A horde decided to surprise us this morning while we packed the cars, but we destroyed them. We’d all become more aware of our weapons now, but ammunition was running low.

“So where are we off to now?” Jake asked.

“Wherever Chris goes, we go” I replied.

“So he’s like, team leader or something?” CC questioned with annoyance.

I sighed as I tightened my grip on the wheel.

“He seems to know what he’s doing, he’s more a leader than I’ll ever be, it’s his turn to shine” I explained.

“Seems legitimate to me” Ashley added.

I smirked as I pressed the button on the CD player and some of our music rung through the car. I tried to liven the mood a little, even though I knew exactly where we were heading. A place I don’t really want to see, my hometown, Cincinnati, Ohio.
♠ ♠ ♠
So people begged and begged for an update, so I gave in and got a chapter done. Sorry if it's crap. But, we have Andley finally, such a tender moment they had.