Status: I'm excited for this story, so let's see how it goes!

Exits and Entrances

Lost In Stereo

Tay absentmindedly tapped her foot to the music as she glanced around the room waiting for the boys, a glass of diet coke in hand. Cameron had gone to pick them up because their car had broken down halfway to the grill on which their set was to start in 20 minutes. Another band were playing and she had to admit that they were good, she just hoped that her band could go after because the girls in the crowd (and some of the boys) were going wild for the three guys on stage. 

"Wo-o-oah how was I supposed to know that you were o-o-over me, I think that I should go."
She found herself harmonizing with the boy on the stage, the one who'd held her attention since she had got here around half an hour ago. He had light hair with a pink streak, or at least it looked that way under the glow of stage, and he matched it with a cheeky grin and a incredible talent. He laughed at something the other boy said, and make a witty comeback.

Tay pulled herself away from him, laughing to herself.  "You've ever been interested in a guy before Taylor, and you're not starting now." She muttered, brushing her fringe from her eyes.
"What was that?" An arm slid over her shoulder and she turned to look at the familiar faces of her band.
"Finally got here then," she teased, swinging her legs on the stool she was sat on.
"Wouldn't miss it," Mike grinned back, taking a swig out of her glass and passing it around. Tay tried to take it back but knew it was hopeless and just let then have it.
"So Tay," Jordon said in a girlish tone, squeezing her shoulders. "Admiring the eye candy on stage?" 
She rolled her eyes in what she hoped was looked genuine, "No."
"Aww, has our little girly got a crush?" Ben pouted at her, laughing at her red cheeks.
"No," 
"She does! Look at her!" 
A round of laughter spread around the boys.
"Fuck off, we have a show to play." She said, avoiding eye contact as she slid off the chair and walked toward the backstage door. 

"So we're All Time Low, thank you for having us! Just before our last song, you need to know that we have Rian on the drums," A little pause in his speech allowed him boy to bash the drums. "We have Zack on the bass," a riff echoed around the room. "And this goofball on guitar is Jack."
Tay looked toward the stage, eager to get the name of the boy. 
"And the fuckface is Alex," Jack quipped quickly before Alex could finish.
Tay watched their banter in stage, getting drawn away by the mingling crowd around her. Alex. She smiled slightly.

"Tay! C'mon!" She turned, walking after Cameron as she listened to the music. The boy, Alex, was definitely attractive, definitely talented and definitely someone Tay could get used to meeting. And the best place for that? Hopefully back stage.

"You look gorgeous, now get your arse over here. Tay nobody can even see your hair properly when you're up on the stage!" Ben literally dragged her away from the mirror and towards the side of the stage where All Time Low were coming off. 
"Are you sure I look okay?" She whispered, biting her lip and pulling on her red beanie. 
He nodded, "Why are you even worried? You're not usua- is this because of that guy?" He asked incredulously.
Tay ignored him, standing up straighter as the lights went down and the screams went up.
She stood nervously, hoping her boys would just think it was pre-show nerves and had nothing to do with the boy advancing on her.

"Oh My God, We killed it dude!" Jack said clapping Alex on the shoulder and the bassist, (Rian was it, she thought), jumped onto his back. 
"I told you it was a good idea to play Damned if I do ya," the drummer laughed as he passed Tay, giving her a polite smile.
No, the drummer had been Rian, the bassist was Zack. The boys walked past Tay and her friends with nothing more than polite acknowledgment and Tay couldn't help but feel slightly let down. She wasn't sure what she had expected, but it made sense nothing would happen to her. She wasn't a girl to get a cliched story.

Tay gripped her mic, about to walk into the stage and forget about the boy with the smile that made her heart flutter, when said boy ran back into the wings. He smiled at her in passing, grabbing a jumper off on of the boxes.
"Go kill it," He said with a wink, running back out of the wings. 

And she did.

"Man, that was brilliant!" Zack said, a sloppy a grin on his face and he slipped through the crowd to the bar.
"Did you see that girl at the front?" Jack smirked, "She was practically throwing herself at us."
They chatted about the set, talking to a few girls who had the guts to come up and say hi and very soon Jack and Zack had both wondered off with a girl, Rian had gone outside to call his girlfriend and Alex was left on his own. He orded another drink and glanced at his watch before looking at the stage, She was cute. Rians mum was going to be picking them up in about an hour, which meant he could either leave on his own, or hang around on his own until the guys came back. 'if ur not back in 20 im going' He quickly typed on his phone, sending it to the three guys.
"I'll be right back," Alex said to the guy on the bar, before sliding to the side of the grill to go to the loo. When Alex returned he noticed a rise in chatter and it took him a moment to realise that the band who had been playing had finished their set, slightly pissed that he had missed the end he returned to his seat to find his drink on the bar and someone in his seat with her back turned to him.

"Hi, um a beer please," Tay said, flashing her fake ID the the guy on the who gave her a look but obliged never the less.
She grabbed it from the side and turned around almost walking into someones chest.
"Hi," Alex said, taking a step back to give her room. "Sorry." he said sheepishly.
"Oh no, my fault." She said, blushing slightly and shaking her hand where her drink had tipped slightly.
"Do you need me to get you a new one?" He offered, smiling at her flustered face.
"No no, It's fine. I'm fine." She said, avoiding his eyes.
Alex laughed, leaning against the bar. "I'm Alex."
"Tay," she said, finally looking up at him and smiling.
"Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're not 21." She laughed and he grinned, he could get used to that sound very easily.
"No, I'm 16 next month." She pushed her self back onto her stool and he took a seat next to her.
"So you joining Clairmont?" He asked, referring to the high he was starting his second year in next week.
Tay groaned, "Yeah. Is that where you go?" he nodded, "At least I'll know one more person then."
"Don't you have any friends going up?"
She shook her head, "No, I just moved here. I knew Cameron from when I was a kid and we just hit it back off."
"Well count yourself another friend then."
She smiled and went to reply when a person catapulted onto Alex's back, wrapping their arms around his neck.
"Alex, do you want- Oh Hi," Jack looked taken aback at Tay.
"This is Jack, my baby," Alex joked, kissing his cheek, "This is Tay, she's joining Clairmont next week."
Jack smiled, "You're the girl from that band right? You're good."
Tay grinned, "Thanks, you're not to shabby yourself."
"She killed it alright," Alex said with a wink, nudging her with his foot.
Tay pulled her foot back surprised and fumbled to catch her phone as it slid out of her hand.
"Lex, Ri's mom is outside so we gotta get going," He threw Tay a smile, "I'll see you around Tay."
Alex slid off the stool and grabbed her phone, she held her hand out for it but he kept it and dialed a number into it whilst pulling out his own phone.
"Ring me if you ever need someone to spill your beer on you," He smirked, chucking her the phone and turning to follow Jack.
She nodded, watching his back fade into the crowd.
"Let him ring you," a voice said from beside her. Tay turned to see a girl with dark hair and blonde lowlights.
"Pardon?"
"Lex is lovely, but he can be a bit off an arse." She said, holding out her hand. "I'm Cassadee Pope, Rians girlfriend. But you can call me Cass"
"Taylor Jardine, it's Tay." she said, hesitantly shaking her hand.
"I'm with Ri, so I should probably go, but it was lovely to meet you Tay, I'll grab your number off Alex. I need more girls to hang around with," she laughed. "See you around."
Tay smiled, waving after her.

Maybe a new school wouldn't be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, this is my first fanfic and something I've been thinking about for a while now. So comments would be appriciated! - M xox