Status: I'm excited for this story, so let's see how it goes!

Exits and Entrances

You're not quite Satan but I really think I hate you

"So basically," Alex explained as they walked towards the music block. "You have Maisy and her group of friends, they're the academic-cy people. Then there's the sporty popular guys, and then there's the wannabees. Then you have us, we're cool because we're in a band and go places where cool stuff happens and only let cool people in." He smirked at her and she rolled her eyes in reply. "Then you have the mixed group, this reasonably big group of girls and guys who look like they've been shuved together but for some reason they're good friends. And then there's the girls. The jealous ones, the ones who really don't give a shit, and the popular girls like Amber and Lisa. Most of the time the groups don't mush."
She nodded slowly, taking in how complicated the system seemed to be. "But what about Lisa?"
Alex hesitated and flipped his hair slightly. "What about her?"
"You dated right? But she's not in your group?"
He nodded. "Me and Lisa, we were... Complicated." He smiled cautiously, "It's not something I'd like to go into right now."
"Oh no!" Tay said quickly, "I'm sorry I was just wondering."
He laughed it off, "don't worry about it. Now c'mon, we need to get to music before it rains so you don't get my hoodie wet."
"But I'm not wearing your hoodie." She said confused.
Alex just grinned handing it to her, "You will." He said, sprinting off as a drop fell into Tays head and she was forced to pull the hoodie on and run after him.

As it turned out music wasn't a subject Tay would have to worry about. With the exception of All Time Low and Cassadee, there was only 9 other people in her class. Three stuck up themselves girls, two English kids Josh and Max, one kid whom Tay was pretty was high and 3 other boys who seemed to sit in the corner and make crude jokes.
Their teacher was very laid back, Mr Hatton joined in with the jokes and laughed at appropriate times and as long as you got the work done he was happy.
"Alright class," he called them all to attention. "I know last year we finished with a written project, so were going to be doing ensembles until Christmas." The class cheered. "You'll be put into groups of 3 and then you are free to so whatever you wish with your performance. So who want to get grouped first."
Cassadee's hand shot up along with a few others and Mr Hatton laughed.
"Up you get then Pope," he held out a hat with everyone's names in. "Take your pick and drop it back in if you get yourself." He glanced toward the group Tay was sat with. "You can drop Mr Dawson back in too, I know what you two are like." The class chuckled as a slightly red faced Cass dropped one of her slips back into the hat and pulled out a different one.
"Max and Eva." She said, smiling at Max and he rose from his seat and Eva followed them to a practise room grudgingly.
Tay found herself up at the front in the class about to pull two names out when her teacher stopped her.
"You must be Taylor!" He said, holding out his hand. "I'm Mr Hatton."
"It's Tay," she said with a shy smile.
He nodded. "Tay, I like it. Well then, pick away Tay." He said offering her the hat.
She pulled two names out and breathed a sigh of relief. "Alex and Finn."
Finn rose with a smirk from his corner, nudging his mates. Alex saw and scowled, sauntering over and sliding an arm over Tays shoulder. "Come on Braxton."
"PDA Gaskarth." Finn Braxton taunted, eyeing Alex's arm. "Public Display of Affection."
Alex flipped him off silently and unlocked the door to a practise room. Tay entered cautiously, looking at the equipment.
"So any ideas on what to do?" She asked, sliding onto a table.
"I think the question is more who to do, and the answer is you." Finn said, sliding into the table next to her.
"Back off Braxton." Alex warned, sitting in the piano stool.
"What? You don't own her Gaskarth."
"No, but she has standards which means that your slimy guy of an attitude isn't going to do."
"Well I guess we're in the same boat here then." Finn said rising to his feet.
Self consciously Tay pulled on the sleeves of Alexs jumper which she hadnt even relised she was stil wearing.
"I'd like to think of myself better than you." Alex said, taking a step forward so they were staring each other down face to face.
Finn smirked, quickly turning to face Tay.
"Nice jumper Tay."
"Umm, thank you?" She said awkwardly, hiding her hands, wondering how to stop them.
"It's mine." Alex said hautily.
Finn laughed. "Thought I recognised it. I thought the infamous Alex didn't do human emotion."
Alex's eyes flashed dangerously and Tay realised to late that this was something more than her.
Finn continued. "Isn't that right? That's what your brother thought anyway when he-" Thwack.
With a massive crunch Tay saw Alex's fist connect with Finns jaw and the latter fall to the floor. Still shaking Alex glanced up and met Tays eyes before flying out the door leaving Tay in a room on her own with a grunting bloody boy on the floor.

The music lesson hasn't been the most productive for Tay as Finn went to the Matron and Alex hadn't returned. During lunch she set out to find him but instead ran into the person she'd been avoiding.
"Tay!" Cameron said, slipping his hand around her wrist. "Can I have a word?" He said, his body language saying he was completely lax but his eyes pleading.
"What..?" Tay said distracted, glancing around the courtyard trying to spot the familiar head. "Yeah sure."
"Look, I'm really sorry about this morning." Tay switched her attention back to the boy in front of her. "I had no right and if you really want to make friends with that lot then I can't stop you and I won't try to."
Tay smiled at him, "Don't worry about it Cam. Just a silly blip right?"
He nodded, "Just a silly blip."
She gave him a quick hug and was out to walk off when he stopped her.
"Where you wearing that this morning?" Tay inswardly rolled her eyes.
"No. Alex leant it to me when it started chucking it down."
"Oh."
"Yeah." There was an awkward pause. "Have you seen him?"
"Alex?"
"Yeah."
"Oh. No."
"Okay."
"Sorry."
"No problem." She smiled at him awkwardly. "Um, I should probably go."
Cameron nodded, "yeah sure. I'll see you later alright? You driving with me?"
Tay nodded, "Almost definitely. I'll text you if there's a change."
Cameron nodded and Tay waved off her friend, weaving into the crowd to try an find him.

"Tay?" She rolled her eyes turning to face Jack, she just wanted to find Alex.
"Have you seen Lex?"
"No," she shook her head. "Not since he left music."
"He left music?" Jack looked surprised. "Why? When?"
"He and Finn mouthed each other off, and then Finn mentioned Alexs brother and then Finn was on the floor and Alex had left."
Jack gaped slightly, "Finn mentioned Daniel?"
Tay shrugged, "If Daniels his brother. What happened?"
Jack looked at her intently, "Tay, Alex and Daniel are a touchy subject. I'm not sure it it's my place to tell you what happened last year."
She nodded, "Okay."
He threw her a smile, "He'll tell you. Now lets go find the fucker."
They started walking around the school looking around. Jack was a good guy and Tay found herself laughing quite a lot. He had quite a few amusing stories about All Time Low and their gigs and rehursals and just teenage boy fun. Although he pissed about to amuse her, she could tell that he was genuinely concerned about Alex and Tay wondered what had happened to Daniel that was so important.
"Let's try the dark room." Jack said, shuving his hands into his pockets. She nodded, having no idea where Jack was on about.
"Is that Alexs jumper?" He asked amused.
Tay felt some blood rush to her face, "Yeah it is. He gave it to me when it rained."
He raised his eyebrows. "Where do you live?"
"West end, with Cameron until my family move down."
"You were the person!" Jack said excitedly, jumping on his feet slightly. "You were the person he drove to West End to impress!"
She laughed awkwardly, He hadn't had he?
"I doubt it Jack. He didn't even take me because I'd already left."
Jack pouted, "But he drove all that way!"
"I'd left!" She said laughing defensively.
"I think he likes you." Jack said, nodding as if he'd said something knowledgable.
"Okay, whatever Jack."
"It's true! He never did- Look there he is!" Jack said, spotting the back of Alex's head.
Alex turned, hearing his name and grinned his lopsided smile. However neither Jack not Tay believed it.