Status: Hiatus

I Can See the Pain Living in Your Eyes

A New Beginning

Derek's P.O.V

'Gosh the poor kid is so scared' I thought to myself and did the only thing that I could think of right now. I grabbed his hand and caressed it.
I know this is weird but I can't stop felling guilty about what happen to him after all I was there, I helped Ricky.

'You're doing the right thing Damien!' I said.
'What?' He asked.
'He needs to pay for what he did and I'm sure gonna given a piece of my mind about this.' I said giving a light squeeze to his hand.
'Thanks Derek. I guess.' He said.
I could feel that he was a little, well, a lot shocked by my actions but I can't be nothing but good to him after what I did.
'Well Damien, you're gonna stay here a few more days and then you can go home but no school for you for at least two weeks' The doctor said to him.
'Honey I'm going to reception to fill the papers for the police.' His mother said.
'Okay mom! And doctor can Derek and Jasmine stay a little bit longer?' Damien said.
'Yes they can stay for a few more minutes.' The doctor replied.
'Well baby I'm gonna go now but I'll be back in a bit.' Damien's mother said whie giving him a kiss in his head.
The doctor and Damein's mom walked out of the room and I turned myself to Damien.
'Two weeks off school anh? That's pretty good.' I said.
I could see that Damien got what I said in the wrong way.
'I...I didn't meant it like that! Sorry actually I was thinking that we could use those two weeks to do our school project. What do you think about that?' I asked him.
'Yeah... hum it's fine for me.' He said with a small voice.
'Well as soon as you leave the hospital, we can start it. I can come over to your house and I can even help you catching the subjects that you're going to miss. How does that sound?'
'Like you pay attention in classes.' Jas said.
'Well I don't even go to most of them but I can ask for the appointments.' I said with a smirk.
'Okay, thanks Derek.' Damien whispered.
'It's nothing really.' I said and gave him another squeeze on his hand.

* 7 days later *

'Thank you Derek for helping Damien with all this situation' Mrs. Silva said.
'I don't mind Mrs. Silva. Damien is a good kid' I replied.
'Yeah, I know. I'll be home around eight and I would be really glad if you stayed with us for dinner' Mrs. Silva said.
'Sure Mrs. Silva! I can help cooking if you don't mind, of course!' I replied.
'Sure, thank you Derek and take care of both of you' Mrs. Silva said before closing the front door.
I walked to Damien's room, a place where I have spent my days ever since he got out of the hospital. I opened the door and saw Damien already working on our school project.
We have been doing a mini R2D2 from Star Wars, a film that we both love really much.